Sequels better than the originals?

Tools    

21st century digital boy
I liked Hannibal better than Silence of The Lambs, but then, I liked Alien 3, too.... Empire Strikes Back is better than Star Wars because of Yoda, and T2 was better than the original because the special effects are better and I had a massive crush on Linda Hamilton when the movie first came out.

When it comes to sequels, when you decide to make a sequel, you make it better then the first, by far T2 was far better then the first one, My fav of all time , ( ALIENS) need i say more, but there are sequels that do better then the first, just depends on who you ask

-- wow, i totally agree that Evil Dead II was far better than the first! the first was too...predictable (or so i thoght) and the second just stood out in my mind! BUT then came army of darkness( e.d. 3) which i think beats them all! i mean you gott'a love all the one-liners in that movie!!--

T2 was way better than the first. As for Hannibal and Rush Hour 2, I think their originals were the best.

Okay, let's all take for granted that T2 and Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness are better than the first ones already! How 'bout some others? Road Warrior for example, who can argue with that? BTW, IMHO neither Rush Hours are that good. I mean they're not terrible, but not that good either.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Seraph of the Void
Originally posted by jungerpants
Heh, what would they call the sequel to ID4? "Memorial Day" or "Veterans Day" ... nah. ID5? Who knows.

How about ID4.2 Sadie Hawkings Day!!!

Ok maybe not.
"When I said my quarters were cold, I did not mean "Oh, I think it is a little chilly in here. Perhaps I'll throw a blanket on the bed." No! I said it was cold! As in, "Oh look - my left arm has snapped off like an icicle and shattered on the floor!"

I enjoyed The Godfather Part II more and then at the end of it I realised, because how different they are, that I liked each of them equally based entirely on their own merits.

By a Hair:
Road Warrior
Evil Dead II
The Emipre Strikes Back
Godafather Part II
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Wrath of Khan
or
The Search for Spock
or
The Undiscovered Country
or
First Contact

Well, I got to say Episode 2 of Star wars was better then Episode one, not that 1 was bad, I like it a lot, that's why I got it out on DVD. Episode 2 was full of plot and interesting with the mysteries and big battles and OH MY! The specail effects were out there good!

All these people who are putting it down because they said it lacked 'character depth' and was 'too talkative', So did the original trilogy! And plus, you can't really get character depth with Jedi, they cut themselves off from all that so they don't show weakness. Natalie Portman (God love her!) was not any problem with her character, she was great! (God save the senator!) Yoda! DUKES IT OUT!...I say no more. The reason the movies work (All episodes) is because of the story, talking is the main part of it, if you don't listen, you will have no idea of what's going on and why there is a clone war in the first place (If you want to know, ask me!), you probably wouldn't know what a jedi is! With the corny dialogue, I think that is the affect george wanted. It's a sci-fi fantasy movie set a long time ago in a galaxy far away, who knows what they really talkied like, it is mealy the vision (difinative) of George Lucas.

Now in ending my speech I...what a minute, What is this post about...