X-Men: X²

Tools    

well i ripped this off of DarkHorizons.com and its a set report for this movie
WARNING POTENTIAL SPOILERS:
"XMen 2 is currently taking up most of the space at Vancouver Film Studios in Vancouver BC. I toured the set with some of the set designers and had complete access to the stages. They are occupying 4 stages (that I saw) and are impressive to say the least. The first stage we visited was for Magnetos prison. This set is amazing in detail. We walked the plastic tunnel which contracts all the way to the plexi glass cage that Magneto is in. The set was pretty much done, with just some painting left to do on some exterior walls etc. The tunnel is mounted on metal legs (guess that won't be in the movie) and has heavy see through plastic sheeting surrounding it. If you go down to the stage floor level you can see the cables and pulleys that operate the tunnels expanding and contracting. It appears that the tunnel shrinks from both ends into the middle, I cannot remember if the one in the first film did that too or not. There was also a large plexi door that rolls up and down at the entrance point to the tunnel, this is also controlled with hydraulics. As well when you first enter the Metal Detection room there is a nice split door that slides open to either side. This is operated by hand off screen.

The next set was the White House set. This one was also nearly done with some of the props in place but not all. A quick tour revealed the ease at which set designers and builders can make wood look like tile flooring and walls. The set is your basic White House-West Wing style set with the hidden doors in the walls and some impressive walkways and so on. One thing that seemed out of place was a separate room that appeared to be a very dirt bathroom, complete with cracked plaster and dirty wiredglass windows. The color scheme vaguely reminded me of visiting a friend when he was posted to a military base on Vancouver Island. It had the same look and feel to it. So I think it might have something to do with the Weapon X stuff that is supposed to be in the movie.

The final set we visited was two fold as well. On one side was Cerebro (sp) and the other was some tunnels in the X Mansion. We climbed up the stairs and walked out to the end of the ramp for Cerbro and looked around at all the blue tiles that are built into this 35 ft high arched wall in front of us. I guess that will have CG effects added later on. Basically it looked a little like a holo deck in Star Trek. Again there is a huge split door, this time metal, that opens and closes to allow access to Cerebro. It is also hydraulically controlled and is in the shape the X. Finish on this door is amazing. It looks and feels like solid steel, even though it is just aluminum sheets over wood. Very slick opening and closing, you could probably lose an arm if you weren't careful, it is very fast at opening and closing. We then went and walked the X tunnels, also a lot of metal on everything. There was a round elevator entrance that had a circular door that controlled by people off screen, and then every 10 or 15 ft in the tunnel there were large X doorways to each side. A simple push and the doors slide to either side and viola you were in the backstage areas of the set. Walking down the tunnel was pretty cool and the lighting that is built in gives it a very dark feeling.

One last thing we got to look at was a prototype car that Mazda has allowed them to include in the film. I cannot accuarately describe the car, but wait and see in the movie. It is unique to say the least."
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

About X2, from what I read, this movie will kick major butt!!!!!!, with the addition of NIGHTCRAWLER, OHHHHHHHH BOYYYYYY, and other cameos, from colosus to other new mutants, I cannot wait till next May, I wish they would have the ULTIMATE MUTANT IN HE MOVIE, the one none other than the JUGGERNUAT, having him in the X-men movies would be awsome

Originally posted by darkside
I wish they would have the ULTIMATE MUTANT IN HE MOVIE, the one none other than the JUGGERNUAT, having him in the X-men movies would be awsome
While I totally agree that having Juggy in the movie would be great, I have to be completely, utterly anal and say that, while an unstoppable force, Cain Marko, a.k.a. Juggernaut, isn't a mutant.

I know. Geeky, anal, all that, but I had to say it. It's been gnawing at me.

And then they all shook their heads at the freak Mary Lo and went right back to the movie discussion...

for Mary Loquacious, thank you for that reply, As I am aware, that Juggernaut is not a mutant, but then again who cares, he's my fav, next to wolverine, you said it he is UNSTOPABLE!!!!!!!!

The Future Ed Wood
...................gulps.......................oh baby! that looks great!!! thanks yoda!!

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

20th Century Fox has removed the X-Men 2 Comic-Con Footage from the Internet. A link to the footage can no longer be found at the official site and Apple's QuickTime trailer section also no longer has the clip available.

What caused this sudden removal after just two days on the Internet? (the footage was available from Wednesday 'till Friday afternoon). Sources say it revolves around legal issues with the "X2" logo seen in the last shot of the clip. Apparently, the studio has not given the movie its final title - may it be "X2", "X-Men 2" or something else - and it looks like they're working on that.

It is not confirmed whether the footage will return without the logo or in a different state, if at all.

I personally like Cyclops but he didnt get much coverage in the movie.