DVD Features wish list

Tools    

k, i don't know how to word this but here it goes. I want dvd's to have a fully integrated deleted scenes option so you can watch the movie as if the scenes were never cut from the movie and not have to go through them scene by scene, but also make it so you can watch the movie how it was cut. so some kind of on/off option would be kewl. i don't know if some have that or not, i just feel they should cuz i was watchin the scary movie scenes and hopalong shorty is so funny and it woulda made the movie so much better if i could see it as part of the actual film and not just some bonus feature.

Good one Jared. This one is actually being implemented on future Colubia/TriStar, MCA/Universal, and MGM/United Artists DVDs.

There are a few DVDs on the market currently that allow a consumer to switch between extended versions and theatrical versions without the added scenes, but there will be more in the future.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Me, Myself and Irene has this feature Jared. It's pretty spiffy.

Oh I would like to say I like the variety of features. I like that different movies have different Special Features and that they are not all one standard thing on all dvds. It's fun to not know and to be surprised at the cool creative things you dvd folks do.

How 'bout baby or high school pics of the actors in the bios. Maybe fan club info. Mini posters that fit in the cases without being folded that people could collect and trade? I love coupons btw.

Well, I'm tired. Nite nite.

me, myself and irene has it, i'm stupid, i own the movie and don't even know it. i guess i'll have to check it out now.

I agree that Movie Trailers are a cool feature. I don't like it when it's the only fetaure, but I'll probably watch the trailers if they are on the disk. Movie trailers are cool and they are something easy that studios can out on DVDs.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I think it would be interesting to see a sort of timeline as to the history of the movie. From When the idea was first concieved to its release on DVD and everything in between. Like changes that had to be made etc.

Seeing a list of awards or nominations the movie has recieved would be neat.

If its a movie based off of a book, it would be kinda cool to include a digital copy of the book. If you had a DVD-ROM you could download it to your computer or to one of those E-Book things I've seen. Although that would be hard because then you'd have to deal with the book's author and publisher etc. And while were I'm on a movie-book topic it would be kinda cool to hear a commentary by the author of the book, saying where he liked what the movie did with the book, and where he didn't.

A reviews section where you can read reviews, both good and bad about the movie. Also you could throw in the book version reviews. Hell through in reviews of similar movies.

You could throw in a sort of interview section. Whoever is making the DVD could write out a big script and interview the actors, the director, the editor etc. Who ever was being interviewed would answer a certain number of premade questions while on film. Then on the DVD you select the person you want to interview, a list of questions falls down, and you ask a question and the interviewee answers it. I'd really like that feature.

A list of production costs etc would be cool. Being able to look at the clothes the actors wore would be cool. A thing that points out product placements in the movie would be funny. Like whenever a pepsi can appears, a noise is made, or the item is highlighted.

Showing paradoies of the movie would be a good feature. Like if it has been made fun of on SNL or a talk show, then the DVD has the clip.

A chart of how many people saw the movie. You could have a map of the world and you choose a region, like the US, and it zooms in and shows the numbers of people that saw it in total, and the number of people that saw it in each state. That would be interesting. Companies could make that a standard feature on each DVD. Give it some sort of name, like Demographic Representation or something of the sort, then on the back of DVD's where it gives a summary of the feature it could say it had Demographic Representation.

We'll thats all this insomniac can think of right now.

Great ideas man. If we're talking bare-bones fundamentals, though, EVERY DVD needs one of the following three features (more than one is awesome):

1 - Alterate ending, or endings.
2 - Deleted Scenes (with commentary).
3 - Full-on commentary...IE: if turned on, it runs "on top" of the ENTIRE movie.

My family and I joke about that, actually. Any DVD that doesn't have one of those three is ridiculed. I guess that's why I like Se7en and Unbreakable so much.

I feel like a DVD without one of those three features is a waste of sorts. I was so bummed that The Shawshank Redemption had none of the three. It was still worth buying, but that's always a downer.