Movies You Anticipated To Be Good That Turned Out To Be Disappointing

Tools    

Along Came Polly. It looked great from the previews, but they basically gave away all the funny parts.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding. This has to be one of my biggest disappointments. Everyone was saying how great it was. After I saw it, I just sat there thinking -- "That's it?". The plot was so straight forward and it wasn't funny.

There are those who call me...Tim.
Attack of the Clones: The trailer made it seem like it would be better than TPM, but it turned out to be far worse.

Kill Bill Vol. 1: Overhyped and way over the top.

Bend it like Beckham + My Big Fat Greek Wedding: I was under the impression that these were comedies, but I didn't notice a single joke in either of them.

Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
Attack of the Clones: The trailer made it seem like it would be better than TPM, but it turned out to be far worse.

Kill Bill Vol. 1: Overhyped and way over the top.

Bend it like Beckham + My Big Fat Greek Wedding: I was under the impression that these were comedies, but I didn't notice a single joke in either of them.
i thought attack of the clones was a decent movie but i respect your opinion

Originally Posted by dillskies88

Yeah me too. The Phantom Menace might have sucked (except for the pod race) but Attack of the Clones had a touch of its own.

another movie i was disapointed in was the ring. i didnt find it scary at all. and it was pretty boring

the teenage movie critic
Dodgeball

Kill Bill 2

Slapshot...yeah its a classic but so long

-Troy - it butchered characters way too much!
-Matrix Revolutions
-Tomb Raider - that sucked with passion

This is the first thread i made that went past one page

There are those who call me...Tim.
Originally Posted by dillskies88
I appreciate that. The main reason why I hate the film so much is the script. C3P0's stand-up bit during the final battle just killed it for me.

This is my Custom User Title
yup.. Matrix sequels, Hollywood's The Ring, etc

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Cabin Fever was immensly dissapointing for me and anyone who enjoyed it must been loony.

also...Big Fish dissapointed me. i was expecting so much more but everytime i watch it hoping i will grasp what i am looking for in a burton film, i am dissapointed. such a shame.
I was dissapointed with Cabin Fever too but Kenny was cool and the film was pretty gorey!

Shame about Big Fish, admittedly its not dark or gothic like other Burton's but I loved it

Australian Pride
Matrix Reloaded (so disappointed did not see Revolutions)
Spy Kids series
Terminator 3
LOTR series

Kill Bill
Matrix Sequels

Originally Posted by James_Bond
A few recent ones...

Troy- I thought this would be a great epic judging from the trailer. Although it was good movie, I was dissappointed.

Van Helsing- Looked like a great adventure, but was a huge dissappointment for me.

More to come..
Troy tops my list as well. Man, was it crap.
Van Helsing would have been a disappointment if it wasn't for all the bad reviews i read before i went to see it, so i had absolutely no expectation and it turned out great! it was VERY funny. Especially the ending

Originally Posted by jrs
I'm proud of you.
hahaha thanks

i never saw the original texas chainsaw massacre and i just watched it and i was disapointed

I Don't Know Anything
Bubba Ho-Tep
Hollow Man
Ginger Snaps II
Phantasm IV
Jason Goes To Hell

Originally Posted by Mr. Red
LOTR series
I thought the LOTR movies were excellent.. What did you dislike about them?

yea what did you hate about lotr