24 Movie Finally Getting Started

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I am a huge 24 fan and have been hearing rumors and even confirmations while watching interviews with Kiefer Sutherland but nothing has been done until now so I think this is a great start and can't wait until the movie comes out, should be interesting to see how they do the timeline part in a movie.

24 movie finally happening

Dec 5, 2011

Fans of 24 can now rejoice as the film that has been planned at Twentieth Century Fox looks to finaly be moving forward. Deadline is reporting that Screenwriter Mark Bomback will be turning in the latest draft to Fox by the end of the year, and the studio is already thinking about getting another director on board. Tony Scott was the latest to be attached to the film, but has apparently dropped out. Fox is wanting to get the film in production early next to match Kiefer Sutherland’s schedule, and that would give them time to complete the script and find a director.

I dont know, though. Won't it be basically a remake of The Sentinel? I honestly thought that whole movie was a "24" movie.

Plus, I got burnt out on the series after season 6, and could literally GO. NO. FURTHER. I mean really - how many times can they drag out him catching the terrorist (he's right in the next room on hour 3, then on hour 5, then on hour 10, then he catches him on hour 12 only to discover the plot THICKENS to a new BOSS! rinse. repeat.), or getting a new girlfriend (seriously?? commitment shy.... at his age?), or having his family -excuse me, I mean his grown KID and/or her kid in danger (not again, my god!!), or (gasp), coming back from ...... early retirement!!

doesnt it get old? besides, I would think a movie of the same being at most 2 hours - all the fans would feel cheated to have the grand mystery solved ........ and so soon! Keifer Sutherland needs to let 24 die an austere death, and move on. Oh wait. He tried that with that strange TV show that had 5 minute webisodes. Epic fail.

So here's a question. How does a man that heads up an iconic TV show....... move on after it dies?

Cannot wait. I was a huge fan of the series.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I stopped watching after I realised that 24 is nothing but propaganda to help keep the fabled threat of terrorism alive. I mean every City having a CTU to help keep this threat at bay, what a joke. Apache gunships shooting up unarmed civilians and children, thats Terrorism.