Why Do You Buy DVD's?

Tools    

i think that this is interesting because i rarely rent DVDs but i buy them like crazy. when it's a rental, it skips, it freezes, too many problems. but they are the best way to watch movies and they take up so much less space than videos. (and if you live in a small apartment, trust me, you know this is a problem.) my question... will i ever be able to rent DVDs? or am i destined to a VHS future?

CaptJackie

Originally posted by Sexy Celebrity
For goodness sake -- why would you drive to the video store 10 different times to rent the same darn movie?
I agree... by the time you rent it 5-6 times you could have BOUGHT it, and then you would have it to veiw at your leisure ANYTIME you wanted (without having to pay more money).... 2am...fu** it, you can watch it.. no waiting for the store to open...

Originally posted by CaptJackie
will i ever be able to rent DVDs? or am i destined to a VHS future?

CaptJackie
Sweetie,
I am a video store manager, and the bottom line is this...
I have begged them to let me bring one of those little electric, cleaner buffer thingys to the store, I wanted to clean the dvd's upon return ect... and they just wont kick out the cash....

their theory is since dvd's are so cheap for the store... why buy the equiptment, and waste time when they can just send a new dvd...

it will get better, in the future for the customer though, cause you got people like me who are trying to change the way it works...
it just aint easy.

also,our compnay makes us put these fu**ing little dvd sheilds on there with our company logo ect.... so if they arent applied just right you get these little bubbles and alot of dvd players will kisk out the disc because the little bubble will make the disc weighted on one side.... so personally, i i think they should stop that too... but will they....
hmmmmm....

back on point.. just give it time.

film... i suppose i am just better off buying. no late fees, either.
still, i hope there will someday be a time when i can rent DVDs without worrying if i will be able to watch the whole thing.

capt_jackie

Why buy.....easy enough, have you ever seen the condition of most DVDS in video stores.....who knows what people have been doing with them.

BANNED
easy answer...

WE ARE ALL DUMB AMERICANS.

That and the fact that knowing you OWN the movie is very empowering. I have bout 16 DVD movies myself (thats alot comnsidering i got my surround sound system and DVD player less than two months ago)

Originally posted by r3port3r66

My question is this: Why do you buy DVD's?
Convenience.

No commericals.

An investment.

----

Also, rentals are usually priced the same. But with the prices dropping to UNDER $9 these days for thousands of DVDs, buying them verus renting them is smarter.

I never buy any DVD that I do not intend to watch several times over the course of a few years. If it is a one-watcher, I dump it.

That's why I spend more time reading the reviews than just buying and finding out later it is a dog.