The Videogames Tab

Tools    

Finally finished Psychonauts 2....last boss is a doozy. Terrific game!

I've been playing Sacred on and off, an old Diablo clone that's not too bad, but it doesn't totally satisfy my craving for games like this.

Has anyone played any good ones lately? To make recommending one more difficult, I've already played Grim Dawn, Titan Quest and the Torchlight games.

I've been playing Sacred on and off, an old Diablo clone that's not too bad, but it doesn't totally satisfy my craving for games like this.

Has anyone played any good ones lately? To make recommending one more difficult, I've already played Grim Dawn, Titan Quest and the Torchlight games.
Have you tried the modern-day juggernaut of action RPGs, Path of Exile? In my opinion, it's by far the best of the bunch. It's dauntingly complex for a new player, I suppose, but there are lots of guides. I've played it since the closed beta (my god, it's been about ten years), but recently took a long hiatus. Just came back last Friday for the new league, and most of the latest changes seem to have been good.

Another, a lot less known one, is Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr. I've played a little over 400 hours during two seasons. It's not as deep as Path of Exile, but it's surprisingly fun to play every now and then. I skipped the latest season but will come back for the next, as I believe they'll release an expansion with a new character class before that.

And if you're feeling a little more adventurous, Outriders is a pretty nice looter shooter. I haven't played lots of shooters, but this one seemed to be quite easy to get into.

Have you tried the modern-day juggernaut of action RPGs, Path of Exile? In my opinion, it's by far the best of the bunch. It's dauntingly complex for a new player, I suppose, but there are lots of guides. I've played it since the closed beta (my god, it's been about ten years), but recently took a long hiatus. Just came back last Friday for the new league, and most of the latest changes seem to have been good.

Another, a lot less known one, is Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr. I've played a little over 400 hours during two seasons. It's not as deep as Path of Exile, but it's surprisingly fun to play every now and then. I skipped the latest season but will come back for the next, as I believe they'll release an expansion with a new character class before that.

And if you're feeling a little more adventurous, Outriders is a pretty nice looter shooter. I haven't played lots of shooters, but this one seemed to be quite easy to get into.
Oh yeah, Path of Exile! I should have mentioned that I played a lot of it came out, but I put it aside. I should go back (hopefully, my account is still active)!

I will check out the others too, starting with Outriders since I do much better and have more fun in games like this with ranged weapons.

well i been playing sandstorm insurgency, its an alright game its annoying when u dont respawn straight away on co op against bots. yes i dont play against other players only bots lol i hate pvp :P

"How tall is King Kong ?"

I did enjoy The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing more than I thought I would.

Thanks for the recs.

Another one I enjoyed that you may like is Victor Vran, which looks like it's in the same vein as Van Helsing.

@Torgo

There's also Hellgate: London as you don't seem to be afraid of a little older games. The only issue is, that you'd have to find the original game somehow (used CD or an illegal copy) as the Steam version is junk (it's the last attempt to cash on the franchise by the Korean company that bought the game back in the day - it's utterly broken and buggy).

The fan-made project London 2038 is pretty good, but it requires the installation of the original game. Hellgate was the game that made me an ARPG player, not Diablo.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
The only game I've had time for has been Madden 21 with a few exhibition games over the last two or three weeks. I wanted to get back into Othercide, but I forget what's what between breaks. Odd that Madden has been pretty good for a quick distraction with little investment. Used to be that was Diablo III for me.

I just had to take a break from work to come post this uselessness to you all

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Arkham Collection on the PSN for like $9 U.S. includes: Arkham Asylum (so great), Arkham City (better in ways, worse in others), and Arkham Knight. Not a bad score at all if u are even the slightest bit curious. Should be available a few days still.

Arkham Collection on the PSN for like $9 U.S. includes: Arkham Asylum (so great), Arkham City (better in ways, worse in others), and Arkham Knight. Not a bad score at all if u are even the slightest bit curious. Should be available a few days still.
wait u serious? hope it will work on ps5 n also i wonder how much it is in australian dollar, arkham asylum and arkham city is one of my favorites, i didnt like arkham knight much

wait u serious? hope it will work on ps5 n also i wonder how much it is in australian dollar, arkham asylum and arkham city is one of my favorites, i didnt like arkham knight much
Well, I'm in the U.S. so PSN sales may vary, internationally, but yeah. if you keep an eye on the Arkham Collection, it goes on sale every three months or so. As do many of the older PS3 sequel package games like Bioshock. I believe it's playable on PS5 too. USUALLY I see the Arkham Collection around $19 U.S. maybe $15 from time to time. This is the lowest I've ever seen it to date.

The price was only for a few more days when I bought it. It might still be up but if it is, it's close to the end date. Take a look if interested.

Well, I'm in the U.S. so PSN sales may vary, internationally, but yeah. if you keep an eye on the Arkham Collection, it goes on sale every three months or so. As do many of the older PS3 sequel package games like Bioshock. I believe it's playable on PS5 too. USUALLY I see the Arkham Collection around $19 U.S. maybe $15 from time to time. This is the lowest I've ever seen it to date.

The price was only for a few more days when I bought it. It might still be up but if it is, it's close to the end date. Take a look if interested.
oh okay i will keep my eye out for it. i still have them on my xbox 360 the disc version but my 360 died 2 weeks ago😩🥺 i hope so cause i loved those games . i will

right now its $25.48😒 its always expensive here

right now its $25.48😒 its always expensive here

Check if that's a sale price. It should show original and sale prices side by side on PSN. Normally, I think it's like $59 u.s. That's a guess as I don't really remember. Could be a bit less.

Check if that's a sale price. It should show original and sale prices side by side on PSN. Normally, I think it's like $59 u.s. That's a guess as I don't really remember. Could be a bit less.
$84.95 its original price