How many Oscars does Marvel have?

Tools    

To say they would not have come around may well be inaccurate on my part I am sure that CBM or Superhero movies would have still existed as evident by the non DC/Marvel movies however would they have ever have been such big productions as we see today without DC influence and demonstrating the level of interest a big budget superhero movie can create? Impossible to say of course simply because we never have a alternative universe to compare ourselves too like in the comics lol. The thing with reboots though is they are made usually because the studios feel like it is a safe bet and are able to milk the original movie fans by relaunching a new version rather than for the love of the original movie or to make art. Still sometimes we are given a good reboot I guess but more often than not they do not equal the original or even attempt to surpass it.
They've been putting out films based on video games and BOARD GAMES for decades now. I'm pretty sure DC or not, CBM's would have still got their break.

And we're talking big budget films with big stars.

Oh god, this again.
Not for long at this rate.

It does remind me of just how much I do not miss IMDB forums

It always amuses me that we get these two groups of fan boys who will just side with one set of people dressed in spandex and rubber outfits over another merely because of brand loyalty it seems to be really pathetic to me and they need to grow up I mean its not as though its anything important they are fighting over, its not Godzilla V Gamera they are fighting over after all!
I'm a fan of both Marvel and DC properties. My top three favorite CBM's are all Batman movies. I prefer the MCU over the DCCU but that's because the DCCU hasn't, in my opinion, delivered.
Brand wars are stupid and pointless.

I tend to think the same - it's a bit my dad is better than your dad in the sand pit. Movies are for entertainment. As long as people are entertained and the film makers make a lot of dough - good. I'm just curious about the op actually liking marvel. So why come here to troll? Seems like a waste of time to me. I dont get it.
You don't get it because you're not a troll and actually have a life. In this case, ignorance is most definitely bliss, my friend.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Oh there you re. I ws just wondering where you were.

Have you seen suicide squad, dt? I must admit, baiting by the op kinda puts me evenmore off seeing it. I hate to be ageist but makes me think the cinema will be full of teens goofing around, plying with their phones, and generally being annoying.

Oh there you re. I ws just wondering where you were.

Have you seen suicide squad, dt? I must admit, baiting by the op kinda puts me evenmore off seeing it. I hate to be ageist but makes me think the cinema will be full of teens goofing around, plying with their phones, and generally being annoying.
Yeah, been a bit busy at work this week and decided to take some time off the board.

No, I haven't seen it and have no plans to, Dani. Honestly doesn't appeal to me whatsoever and I can't stand Jared Leto.
Funny you should bring that up--my theater experiences with DC movies has seen a largely teen/early twenties audience in attendance in the theater my wife and I frequent. We felt like a couple of "old fogeys" while watching Batman v Superman.
Nah, you don't sound ageist--just observant of the crowds. You're not alone.

For instance, the John Wick movies seemed to have mostly 30+ year olds like us in the audience. Very few teens/early twentysomethings.
When I was a kid, R-rated action movies were all the rage with kids: Terminator 2, Die Hard, etc. We watched them young and loved them. Nowadays, kids aren't interested in R-rated actioners, it seems. They are dying. It's only us "old fogeys" carrying that torch. Sad, really.

I must admit, Leto turns me off the joker.

Not for long at this rate.
I don't know, he seems to get a perma-pass.. he actually tried doxing me here.. thought "OdumC" was my real name and started calling me "Odum Cervantes" (Some real life guy that pops up if you google "OdumC") but, nothing done.

More than a little puzzling.

I must admit, Leto turns me off the joker.
He doesn't even resemble the Joker in my view--he resembles a heroin addict/gangbanger in poor Joker cosplay. I'm not even a fan of Ledger's Joker and I could STILL say that Ledger's Joker did more for me than any of those Leto clips I watched online (and I watched several of them).

I loved Ledger's joker. I miss that guy. Tragic.

I don't know, he seems to get a perma-pass.. he actually tried doxing me here.. thought "OdumC" was my real name and started calling me "Odum Cervantes" (Some real life guy that pops up if you google "OdumC") but, nothing done.

More than a little puzzling.
Sorry to hear that, man. I'm just going to continue to ignore him myself. I'm over that crap.

He doesn't even resemble the Joker in my view--he resembles a heroin addict/gangbanger in poor Joker cosplay. I'm not even a fan of Ledger's Joker and I could STILL say that Ledger's Joker did more for me than any of those Leto clips I watched online (and I watched several of them).
If you watched clips odds are you saw all his screentime, he wasn't even in it that much, But gangbanger pimp is pretty much the vibe he gave off in the film.

Nowhere near anything resembling a version of the Joker.

If you watched clips odds are you saw all his screentime, he wasn't even in it that much, But gangbanger pimp is pretty much the vibe he gave off in the film.

Nowhere near anything resembling a version of the Joker.
Again, I have to ask--just how hard IS it to depict a live action Joker? He's one of the most recognized villains of all time. The concept is simple enough: a maniacal clown with black humor. Why all this...extra crap thrown in with Leto? Just stick with the basics--it works. Hell, Willem Dafoe as Green Goblin felt more like the Joker than Ledger's Joker. The Joker is an iconic comic villain...in my view, you'd have to TRY to screw something like that up. It sounds to me that they wanted to go for something so "different" and "diverse" as opposed to what's been done before that we end up with whatever that THING is that Leto was playing.

And, of course, the defenses of him are lame: "He wasn't in it long enough to judge him". Oh, yeah? Let me judge him on what I DID say:

-I hate the way he looks

-I hate the way he sounds

-I hate his stupid "Damaged" tattoo

-I hate his voice (What's with that Nixon impression crap?)

-I hate his laugh

So WHY would seeing MORE of what I hate help me hate it less? To me, it's a very weak defense to say: "Give him a chance in a full role--he wasn't in it long enough to properly judge his performance!" Bull--I saw his performance and didn't like it one iota. Rather simple to judge, really.

Again, I have to ask--just how hard IS it to depict a live action Joker? He's one of the most recognized villains of all time. The concept is simple enough: a maniacal clown with black humor. Why all this...extra crap thrown in with Leto? Just stick with the basics--it works. Hell, Willem Dafoe as Green Goblin felt more like the Joker than Ledger's Joker. The Joker is an iconic comic villain...in my view, you'd have to TRY to screw something like that up. It sounds to me that they wanted to go for something so "different" and "diverse" as opposed to what's been done before that we end up with whatever that THING is that Leto was playing.

And, of course, the defenses of him are lame: "He wasn't in it long enough to judge him". Oh, yeah? Let me judge him on what I DID say:

-I hate the way he looks

-I hate the way he sounds

-I hate his stupid "Damaged" tattoo

-I hate his voice (What's with that Nixon impression crap?)

-I hate his laugh

So WHY would seeing MORE of what I hate help me hate it less? To me, it's a very weak defense to say: "Give him a chance in a full role--he wasn't in it long enough to properly judge his performance!" Bull--I saw his performance and didn't like it one iota. Rather simple to judge, really.
When he puts his hand up to his face with that huge toothy grin tat on the back of his hand I facepalmed so hard I gave myself a concussion.

Here's an idea for fun: we're going with an older Batman? why not an older Joker? PUT DAFOE IN!!

Probably the ideal solution since he's not going anywhere.
Since it doesn't appear that he will be banned (for some odd reason) ignoring him is our only recourse.

Since it doesn't appear that he will be banned (for some odd reason)
His alt was banned, his main account was temporarily banned, two of his threads have been removed, and he's been warned that continuing this behavior--even if it doesn't get any worse--will eventually result in a permanent ban.

Most of this has happened behind the scenes, because making a spectacle of moderation tends to only require more of it in the long run. So there's no reason to assume nothing is happening, and then wonder aloud why: if you want to know what's going on, and why we think some rule is or isn't being broken, just ask.

Everybody should stop watching them, stop feeding them, if we all stopped watching, they wouldn't be deemed a success and big studios might decide to think of an original idea.

And since this topic keeps coming up: everybody who lives under the rules gets the benefit of them, too. That means that even if you, me, and my dog all know someone's just here to start trouble, they don't get banned before they actually earn it. That's a bad precedent.

Here's a more eloquent, medium-relevant articulation of the same idea:

I thought you had cats, Yodels?

Apologies for HJ.