DR.Stranglove Questions

Tools    

I just watched this movie and thought it was hilarious.. But just got a couple of questions.

1. What was the thing that the Russian ambassador had in his hands when he was pretending to tie his shoes at the end of the movie?

2. What was the significance of Dr.Strangelove? And the significance of him being able to walk at the end? Was he actually in on the plot to exterminate the earth?

The ambassador holds a small camera and is taking pictures of the big board and I believe, someone (Holden) correct me if I'm wrong, that Dr. Strangelove was basically all about destroying the planet, yes. His name itself, Strangelove. Strange. Love. Man and it's strange love for death and destruction, a preoccupation of sorts, I guess.

He can't really walk again and if the infamous pie fight ever made it into the film this would have been better explained.

But yeah. That's the best I can give you until Holden rocks up and sets me straight.

crazed out movie freak
never seen the movie so i can't really tell ya

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
to say he would help if he could, but he can't so he won't

(or it could be to hit a 100 posts and change his title)

Well, actually, I allow people to upload avatars and change their user titles right away now. I doubt we'll have any jokesters messing with the privelage...and if they do, I should be able to take 'em down pretty quick.

Originally posted by GoodFellaAN
1. What was the thing that the Russian ambassador had in his hands when he was pretending to tie his shoes at the end of the movie?
Yes, he was taking a picture of the board. I just saw this film again and misunderstood the meaning. I thought it was leading to something else, but in fact, was just a gag. Earlier George C. Scott's character comically warns that you can't have the Russian Ambassador in the room.. he might see the board. We laugh, but it turns out the dude did want to see the board..

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
And therefore why post in the thread?

Cause he wants too

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

A novel adaptation.
6 months have passed, ILUV, get over it.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally posted by Herodotus
6 months have passed, ILUV, get over it.
How can I get over something I've never even known about or cared about? I was just looking through the past forums cause im new here to see what other things have be discussed. Hell I didn't even notice it was 6 months old yo.
Anyway if I was the president I would have anihilated Russia like ole' bucky wanted to do.

How can I get over something I've never even known about or cared about?
Why post over something you don't care about?

Originally Posted by GoodFellaAN
I just watched this movie and thought it was hilarious.. But just got a couple of questions.

2. What was the significance of Dr.Strangelove? And the significance of him being able to walk at the end? Was he actually in on the plot to exterminate the earth?

1. He had in his hand his miniature camera. He was still trying to take pictures of the "Big Board," or something else in the War Room.

2. Good question. I wonder if even Stanley Kubrick knew the answer. I would say Dr. Strangelove personified a certain peculiar type of evil (not Evil, as such--he wasn't a big enough character to represent that). But notice that he cheerfully babbled on while witnessing the destruction of mankind. I think he gained the power to walk through some dark sorcery loosed by the triumph of Evil.