Movie Speeches - Suggestions Needed

Tools    

I am looking for speeches -- from the entire history of film, for a project I am working on. I am not looking for things that are monologues and/or in a more conversational vein. I am looking for political, courtroom, classroom, etc. speeches, preferably things that invoke a geniune emotional response...speeches that are uplifting (like Chaplin's speech in "The Great Dictator"), powerful speeches that make you laugh, cry, think, etc. Hopefully the list below will give you an idea of what I'm looking for. (also: I was wanting to shy away from anything strictly historical (i.e., "Gandhi," "Pride of the Yankees," "Malcolm X," etc.) Any and all suggestions will be valued. Thank you very much.

A Time To Kill
Adventures of Robin Hood
Air Force One
And Justice For All
The American President
Braveheart
The Contender
Dead Poets Society
Elmer Gantry
A Few Good Men
Four Weddings & A Funeral
The Godfather
The Great Dictator
Guess Who's Coming To Dinner
Inherit the Wind
In the Name of the Father
It's A Wonderful Life
Jaws
JFK
Lawrence of Arabia
Mr. Smith Goes To Washington
Network
Patton
Schindler's List
To Kill A Mockingbird
Traffic
Wall Street

Put me in your pocket...
Finding Forrester
Scent of a Woman

I can't think of any more at the moment, but I'll keep thinking. Hope this helps.

I used to have the entire closing argument from the case that Edward Norton lost in The People vs. Larry Flynt on my computer, but I lost some of it. Here's what I have.

"I'm not trying to convince you that you should like what Larry Flynt Does. I-I don't like what Larry Flynt does. But what I do like is that I live in a country where you and I can make that decision for ourselves. I like that I live in a country where I can pick up an issue of Hustler and read it if I want to, or throw it in the garbage can if that's where I think it belongs. Or better yet, I can exercize my opinion and not buy it.

I like that I have that right. I care about it, and you should care about it too. You really should. Because we live in a free country. You know, and we say that a lot, but I think sometimes we forget really what that means, so listen to it again. We live in a free country. And that is a powerful idea. That's a.. that's a magnificant way to live. But there is a price for that freedom, which is that sometimes we have to tolerate things that we don't necessarily like.

Go back in that room where you are free to think whatever you want to think aobut Larry Flynt and Hustler Magazine, but then ask yourselves if you want to make that decision for the rest of us. Because the freedom that everyone in this room enjoys is in a very real way in your hands. And if we start throwing up walls against things that some of us think is obcene, we may very well wake up one morning and discover that walls had been thrown up in all kinds of places that we never expected, and we can't see anything or do anything. And.. and that's not freedom. That is not freedom. So be careful. Thank you"

Off the top of my head, ..Ice Cube had some good speeches in "Boys in the Hood".
Rod Steiger had some good lines in "The Pawnbroker", another good Jew speech can be found in the recent film "The Believer".
Kevin Smith said something interesting about lost love in "Chasing Amy", as did Joey Lauren Adams talk well about the gay subject.
Woody Harrelson had a really interesting interview with Robert Downey Jr in "Natural Born Killers".
Of course Charlie Cheen said some good lines at the end of "Platoon".
Buschemi talked about tipping in "Reservoir Dogs", and Deniro talked about the state of filth that we live in, in "Taxi Driver".
At the end of"Seven", the man who plays the killer, (I won't give it away), has some good arguments about his crimes.

That's all for now.

Who can forget the speech Shaft made in Deep Blue Sea? "We're not gonna fight any more!!" God, I love Samuel L. Jackson!

These are some of the best IMO:

And Justice For All - Pacino at the end kicks ass
A Few Good Men - Jack & Tom go at it
And The Band Played On - Matt Modine rocks
The Devils Advocate - Pacino again
From The Hip - who says Judd Nelson can't act...
The American President - Michael J Fox/Michael Douglas in the end
Without Limits - Donald Sutherland's speech
Field Of Dreams - James Earl Jones talks Baseball
White Squall - The court room at the end...
Clear and Present danger - Ford and the president...

I like Belushi's speech in Animal House.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."