New DVDs

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Oh yeah, well I have 149.

Ryan, you outta catalog your DVDs online. Then we can all see what you have.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I've seen yours, I still can't understand why you have some of the DVDs you do.

I found Resevoir Dogs for 9.99 on DVD today. But like an idiot, I didn't get it. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!

Oh YEAH, well I've got about 400 DVDs, and another 600 on LD.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

No, how and where would I begin to list all the flicks I have on DVD & LD?...and that's not even counting another hundred or so on VHS. I've got a lot of stuff, all different genres, eras, and languages.

Perhaps this will be easier? I can give you a sampling of what is definitely NOT in my collection: any movies with Adam Sandler or Freddie Prinze Jr., any movies with Jean Claude Van Damme or Steven Seagal, and any movies starring Herbie the Love Bug or Travolta and talking babies/animals. Other than that, I've probably got a little bit of just about everything, and a lot of many things.

And yes, LDs are plenty good, of course. Until DVDs further enhanced what LDs had already been doing for over a decade, LaserDiscs were the only way for real film fans to enjoy the best possible presentation on home video. The format invented audio commentary tracks. It was more expensive than DVD, but I kind of enjoyed the fact that it was a brotherhood of true film enthusiasts, a fanbase that insisted upon things like correct aspect ratios and a wealth of supplemental materials. Now you can get DVDs at Wal-Mart or the supermarket, and even complete hunks of unartistic trash like Dude, Where's My Car? have commentary tracks. Frankly, I love my LDs and miss the good ol' days.

LD isnt half as good as dvd. Just because more movies are out on dvd doesnt mean its worse it means its better!

And u dont have any steven seagals? why he is one of the the greatest actors of all time. Everyone should own such great movies as under siege and fire down below! (JK!)

but actually i really like adam sandler's earlier stuff and bought the 3 dvd collection happy gilmore, billy madison, and Bulletproof and i love it
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

M*A*S*H

Mean Streets

For a Few Dollars More

Salvador

Dr.Strangelove

Radioactive Spider Blood
Batman (Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson)
Masters of the Universe (Dulph Lundgren)
Mr. Holland's Opus (Richard Dreyfuss)
Stigmata (Patricia Arquette)
Young Frankenstein (Mel Brooks)

and tomorrow morning, when it goes on sale at Best Buy for $12.99... Airplane!

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

gone
Just got shawshank redemption and total recall in sale
woo!

(I only buy cheapie DVD's, it's more satisfying)

Which version of Total Recall did you get?

They had a limited edition tin out, that's the one I got, just wondering which one you got.

gone
Cheapo normal one, doubt the limited edition would be in the bargain basket

gone
I've got the whole impulse thing running through my veins now, I'm holding my plastic friend he's saying it's monday, you're feeling down, BUY BUY BUY.

So as you're online, name me some decent DVD's
(quickity quick before it all pumps out of me again!)

gone
That'll do

Bought the region1 too, more features

Hey it's an impulse buy, money doesn't matter here!