Punch Drunk Love Soundtrack Question

Tools    

Anyone have the soundtrack listing?

I heard a song during the movie, Im trying to remember. I think by queen?

thanks

P. T. Anderson has elected to stay with perfection in his
choice to continue his colaberation with Jon Brion.
I have not seen the film but I know If you liked the Magnolia
soundtrack you"ll love this also.

i really wish that score had been better. it was a little lacking. and there was a little too much Tom Waits flavored "noise". Had hoped for more based on Magnolia.

And gee, what a surprise: another thick Altman reference in a P.T. Anderson flick. To use that song from "Popeye" (1980) as the centerpiece of the movie just didn't work for me, very distracting. And then to not even re-record it but use the Shelley Duvall track itself, even more distracting.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally posted by jrs1013
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Isn't that from the 80s?

BTW, sorry to bring this up - this is the Punch Drunk Love SOUNDTRACK thread - but since I haven't found the real movie thread yet, I am very surprised that this film is actually getting good (and great) reviews. A movie starring Adam Sandler! A lot of things happened while I was gone...

"Crazy Little Thing Called Love" is off of Queen's 1980 album The Game - the record that yielded the mega-hit "Another One Bites the Dust".

It can also be found on most of the greatest hits compilations.