Best Anime Movie

Tools    

Monster's Inc is the best anime movie that i have seen, nothing can compete it

Monster's Inc is the best anime movie that i have seen, nothing can compete it
This might seem like a troll, but it can actually kick off a good discussion about just what this term ANIME really refers to. I mean, let's be honest, while Monster's Inc is obviously not anime, The Last Airbender might be considered as such, even though it isn't "made" in Japan. Though, let's again be honest, the Koreans and Japanese are outsourced for all the animating anyway. There are also plenty of english mangas. Are these REALLY mangas after all? What is anime? What d'yall think?

Also, I started Ergo Proxy last night. Sweet namedropping of philosophers is sweet. Also, Pino is awesome.

manga stands for japanese comic books
anime stands for japanese animation,not short for (pixar) animation.

the last airbender would be an americanised 3D-ised anime.3D animatin based on an anime.

I have a soft spot for Japanese animated films. In fact, Totoro would be in my top 10 films of all time. I think the reason I like Totoro so much is that there are no "evil" characters, no antagonists. Of course, most of Miyazaki's films have no real evil characters -- there's always some good even in the "bad guys".

I love the Miyazaki films:

- My Neighbor Totoro
- Howl's Moving Castle
- Spirited Away
- Whisper of the Heart
- Porco Rosso

Also the Makoto Shinkai films:

- Place Promised in our Early Days
- 5 Centimeters per Second
- Voices of a Distant Star

BTW, it looks like there may be a sequel to Porco Rosso coming out soon:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1714067/

Supercalifragilisticexpia-lidocious! =)
Well I have a lot of favorite stuff, but the 1st place can divide for:
Voices of a Distant Star
Wolf's Rain (series)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (series)
In that very order) I consider them all real masterpieces!

Supercalifragilisticexpia-lidocious! =)
Well, I'd place "She and Her Cat" much higher than "5 Centimeters"
For "Beyond the Clouds, the Promised place" - I feel awfully foolish 4 the anime fan, 'coz I haven't seen it in one piece yet...

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Akira most definitely!

Akira most definitely!
It's possible... I've heard a lot of arguments why---influence, etc.---but, for me at least, the ending is just a tad masturbatory, if you catch my drift. I haven't read the manga yet (...), but if we go by the film, it seems that the entire final sequence is quite random and meaningless though visually spectacular. I've watched the film many times, the last time with a specific intention to try to "get" wtf was going on, and I don't see any real sign of "answers". I dunno, it's an amazing piece of pure cinema that is still viscerally and emotionally moving on every level, but I think it coulda made a bit more sense.

Meh, I just realized I'm saying this as a fan of 2001. Forget this post.

Akira is special because it attempts to answer the question that has plagued us since the dawn of man: are humans just amoebae on motorcycles?

I've tried to watch Akira several times over the years but just couldn't get past the first 15-20 minutes. Maybe I'll try again . . . .

In all seriousness, though I've had some trouble with the plot and many of the characterizations I've never had any problems just watching it. It's easily the single film that I've seen the most times in my life.

Yeah. It's really the film to be introduced to anime with. It explores just about everything that makes it such a unique medium. Except moe.

Put me in your pocket...
I've tried to watch Akira several times over the years but just couldn't get past the first 15-20 minutes. Maybe I'll try again . . . .
You're not alone. I also stopped watching it in the first 30 minutes or so. Perhaps the motorcycle action stuff just isn't my thing. Too impatient these days and too many other interests to want to sit through it. Maybe one day, if my daughter pushes me enough, I'll try again too.

I love animated movies. I had watched the best among them recently. It is Alpha and Omega. I think you should also watch alpha and omega movie.

Grave of the Fireflies
The only Japanese animation film that has ever had a large emotional impact on me. Yeh there are some amazing visuals in a lot of the Studio Ghibli films and others, personally I'm away in the clouds sometimes so I used to love those films, but grave of the fireflies as a story is extremely strong; I guess being based on a true story is what helps give it such impact.

Spirited Away