Quirky As Cuss: The Wes Anderson Fan Club

Tools    

It may have been intentional, but if so, I think it was a fundamental mistake. The layout of a magazine is not necessarily transferable to the structure of a film.

Even putting that aside, I'm not sure I found the individual "articles" especially compelling even in isolation, anyway, with maybe one exception.

I don't think many MoFos noted them when they dropped back in September - including me - but The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar, one of the four short films Wes Anderson made for Netflix based on stories by Roald Dahl, has been nominated for Best Live Action Short Film at the Academy Awards.

He may have found the way to finally get an Oscar! Of course his previous nominations were all in feature categories: Best Director (The Grand Budapest Hotel), Best Original Screenplay (The Royal Tenebaums, Moonrise Kingdom, and The Grand Budapest Hotel), Best Picture (The Grand Budapest Hotel), and Best Animated Feature (Fantastic Mr. Fox and The Isle of Dogs).

Asteroid City got no nominations but he heard his name called all the same.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra