Let the Right One In

→ in
Tools    

Let The Right One In is surprisingly intelligent for a vampire movie made and shown in the era of sappy and glamorous portrayal of a classic terror entity.

The production design, location and camera angles told half the story. Scenes are framed with obvious simplicity and monotony which allows the the two characters to stand out. The emptiness around the characters in the scene gives the characters unfathomably deep. It gives you the certainty that there is a lot to the characters but intentionally deprive you of its history and details.

The simplicty also give you a chilling stillness, a silent chilling stillness... like death and nothingness forever taunting to envelope your life.

In scenes of Eli and Oskar, they almost always have no one else with them. Even the production design is bare, the sound minimum. It's a trick... a manipulation that forces you to concentrate on nothing else but them. It tells you that there is more to these two and it gives you the chance to understand it and find out what is below the surface.

And there is... something below the surface if you know how to look. Many other reviews say that the movie is about the purity of first love but if you look harder you will realize that love is only half the story. There is the other half - it is a story of selfishness and manipulatin, survival and instincts, humanity and animalism.

Synopsis

Oskar is a recluse and heavily bullied in school. When alone, he acts out violent revenge but never had the guts to do it. He meets a new neighbor, Eli. Like him, Eli is a recluse and lives with an older man. At first, Eli refuses to be friends with Oskar until the older man that takes care of Eli dies.

Oskar realizes that Eli and the unconventional reports of death in the town may be more connected than he thought.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
That was a great movie, one of the best Vampire films. The girl that is casted as Eli in the movie was so much better then the one in the remake.

Lina Leandersson

I started watching 20 minutes,than i stopped,so i will watch it in few days

!