give me your opinion on 300

→ in
Tools    

I certainly don't understand the hatred for 300 and the love for Sin City. I mean, I like Sin City better, but my wife likes the 300 Naked Men movie much better.
Sin City is the naked women movie.

For me the movie is great, every time I saw a movie like Mel Gibson's Brave Heart it make me think that the movie is good, but the only problem is I don't like violent movies.

Loved this movie... Great action with just enough cgi(not over the top)

Brutally honest movie reviews
this was listed on our site as one of the top 10 movies of 2007

I guess true dudes like dudes.
you guessed it gradpa simpson

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I guess true dudes like dudes.

as in THAT way? Or the other way?

as in THAT way? Or the other way?
just look at granpa up there winking at all the guys on here.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
EDIT: She ain't no dude, Dude.
that'd pretty embarrising to find that out after this whole time.

Well, the picture is great, but the story is subpar. Only a decent movie for me.

I did not like the film. Not enough depth. I did enjoy the visuals though.

I though it was very well made, with great acting and great cgi. But i guess I did not like it as much as other people did.

I did enjoy it though.

Hi, I was'nt impressed with this movie. It was full of computerised effects, together with simplistic script.
I was hoping for a cross between Braveheart and Spartacus, but ended up watching what seemed like a feature length computer game trailer.
Never mind though, I'm glad that you and many others enjoyed it.

Also I was wondering if you could help me.
I've only just joined this site, but I can't work out how to post my own comments. I can't see the relevant button to click.
I can only see to reply to other peoples comments.

Drop me a line when you get a minute.

Regards, Big John

Are you meaning how to make your own thread?

To reply to a topic, you hit the "New Reply" button, under the last post. To make a new thread, you go to the appropriate section, and click the "New Thread" tab, at the top of the list of threads.

It is tuned to the typical Frank Miller story of making the reader/viewer choose between that which is bad and that which is worse. While the stroyline was better than Transformers, it still was a film that, although technically a movie to watch in a theater, realistically could have been seen on a television and not been harmed for it.

I think it was great and I'm prepared to be called gay and receive neg reps for it.
It is a comic book movie and one of the best of them, if X Men or Transformers were made in the same fashion/spirit 300 was they'd have a place in my top ten because at least then they'd be exciting to watch. So all your boos for weak plot or historical inaccuracy or even that the cast is mainly near naked muscle men ( have you seen a comic, everyone looks like that) get over it.
Sure you don't like 300 but give it credit for what it does, it delivers unique and inthralling action and looks stunnning doing it. This movie also has some great performances, once again there not the kind you'd compare to typical or classic cinema but so entertaining in what they are.
Older movie goers won't like it because it is a young film, I think the first of many that are filmed with a completely different spirit, style oriented, sleek and oozzing art.

You want to post like me?
So all your boos for weak plot or historical inaccuracy or even that the cast is mainly near naked muscle men ( have you seen a comic, everyone looks like that) get over it.
Indeed, the movie was very true to Frank Miller's depiction of the characters.
As for historical inaccuracy:
First of all - it's a movie based on a freakin' comic ! Secondly, very little is known of the battle of the hot gates and there's many versions of it. Bearing that in mind and since it's based on a comic, I think it would be a little over the top to expect historical accuracy.
Thirdly, for this movie, historical accuracy would be boring. It just wouldn't be a good movie if all it was, was the massacre of 300 Spartans.