Movie Tab

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Office Space
"If things go well I'll be showin her my 'O' face"
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by spudracer
Office Space
One of my favorites. I love the Reservoir Dogs-ish looking scene when they approach the old printer with baseball bats and beat it up. Very cool!

Just saw Novocaine--pretty good black comedy. B+

I thought about getting Novocaine, I remember hearing a review on it a few months back and thinking...I WANT TO SEE THIS..

The last 2 hours of The Empire Strikes Back - it was on Fox, had to watch

"You must unlearn what you have learned"

Is THIS the review you remember reading?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Um..no Sir Holden..cause if I HEARD it then I couldn't have been reading it could I have!?

Wayne's World
"A sphincter says what?"
"What?"
"Exactly"

"Fabricated American"
Watched Heist last night.

The only reason I watched it to the end was to find out the answer to the big question: "Where is the gold?" I had no emotional investment in any of the characters, I didn't care when one got screwed over by another.
Why is this guy so good? Hasn't he been a theif all his life? Why doesn't he have any money saved? There was just no character development, no background.

Why should I invest in the characters if the movie doesn't?
It's too bad, I wanted to like the movie, but just didn't.

-GTB

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Greg The Bunny
Watched Heist last night.

Why should I invest in the characters if the movie doesn't?
It's too bad, I wanted to like the movie, but just didn't.

-GTB
I said the same thing on this thread awhile back and got the shaft from our friend Steve...I didn't change my mind, though. I still think the movie blows.

Watched The Virgin Suicides last night. Completely loved it.

The Empire Strikes Back
Behind Enemy Lines
The Thomas Crown Affair
Arlington Road

There's Something About Mary - MASTERPIECE. I love this movie so much!
Election - I hadn't seen this movie since I saw it in theatres almost 3 years ago, and I don't know how I could have really understood it then. It's angry, cauterizing, and mean. It's also funny as all hell. What a great movie.
Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man - don't ask. Wow, though, what a great title. That's why I rented it in the first place.
Three Kings - another masterpiece. This was a good movie weekend, even if I'd seen three of the movies before.

I rented a movie called Chocolat tonight, directed by Claire Denis. Looked interesting. And no, it's not that abysmal, dreadful, disgusting, terrible Juliette Binoche movie. Doesn't look anything like it, thank god.

O Brother, Where Art Thou?
"I don't think that's Pete"
"Of course it's Pete, look at him"

Ace Ventura, When Nature Calls - don't ask
"Are you alright Mr Ventura?"
"Of course, this is a lovely room of death"

The Adventures of Robin Hood
Not bad for a movie that took, what, about a month and a half to make?

Originally posted by sadesdrk
I said the same thing on this thread awhile back and got the shaft from our friend Steve...I didn't change my mind, though. I still think the movie blows.
Out of the 3 hollywood type Heist movies (Ocean's 11, Heist & The Score) which they all roughly came out around the same time. I'd say Heist was the best of the bunch. Gene Hackman doin his thang. Mamet's Dialogue and all the other goods were delivered nicely. Sadie watch House of Games than Homicide next go with the spanish Prisnor and than to warm yourself up to this watch Mamet's super crafted script called Glengarry Glennross than pop this beast on and I think you'll love it. You have to warm-up to Manet's Dialogue,Pacing, Style, Camera and characters plus the uses of double triple cliches to his full advantage. Also IMHO, he's brang-back the classical hollywood filmmaking.

Originally posted by jrs1013
some parts of Flash Gordon
High camp value, at it's fun most loving best. Not great but as I said fun.