What is the Longest Movie?

Tools    

There is (in my knowledge only) one possible answer:
(If you can think of anymore, please post them)

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)

Band Of Brothers Was A Mini Series Not A Movie.
As are "From the Earth to the Moon" and "Kingdom Hospital".

In this age of mini-series and super-long extended cuts on DVD, this is kinda a pointless question. As for international cinema by a "name" director with a project intended for theatrical distribution, probably Bertolucci's 1976 epic 1900 which clocks in at 315 minutes (that's five hours and fifteen minutes) in its full, uncut form.

According to the Guinness Book of World Records the longest film ever made is called The Cure for Insomnia (1987), which is at least eighty-seven hours long. Of course there is little if any narrative to this beast and is clearly just an exercise for the sake of length.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The original uncut version of Das Boot is said to be almost 330 minutes, although I'm not sure if anyone has seen it. I hope it gets released here some day. Great flick.

For a movie I would have to say The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Anybody else see Little Dorrit at the theatre? In 1988, my wife and I watched the six-hour movie. It was only shown once a day at the theatre. The presentation was unique, at least for us. The film was divided into two three-hour parts. The first part played in the afternoon. Then there was a two-hour "dinner break" where you could eat and come back to watch Part Two at night.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Most of Bollywood movies are also quite long, for about 3 hours.

The original uncut version of Das Boot is said to be almost 330 minutes, although I'm not sure if anyone has seen it. I hope it gets released here some day. Great flick.
I have seen the original uncut version when it was first released on British TV, it was in the original German with subtitles, and was excellent. I have seen the watered down version which was dubbed and that was terrible, the was totally butchered. Then I managed to get the DVD of the directors cut, that still did not match upto the original. I hope that the they weventually release the full version without the dubbing.

For me, the longest films are ones I don't like for any reason. The films D-R-A-G. If a film is good, I don't notice the time going by so any length is OK.

most of bollywood movies are too much long jodha Akbar was too much long near about 4 hours.

I am the Nightrider!
No movie should be over 2 and half hours long.
Totally disagree, some films can't be told in just 150 minutes. I, for one, don't mind the length, as long as it delivers.

Oliver Stone's JFK is a prime-example of a film that utilizes every minute wisely. The Director's Cut even more so. Personal opinion of course.

-UJ