My 150 Favorite Movies Rotten Tomatoes Hated Countdown List.

Tools    

I was up late last night and a new movie countdown list entered my head. And These things just come too me at any time. And I cant get rid of the idea until i do the list. Its pretty clear that most people here know what Rotten Tomatoes is. And lets be clear i never been the type too see a movie based on anyones review. Chances are ive decided already if I wanted to see the film. Most often then not RT has given a low rating on 40% of films i liked. Its safe bet there will be No Star Wars, Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter or Nolan movies on this list.
Im not saying this is a bad movie list. Im just saying for whatever reason RT hated the or didnt give it a fresh score.

150 King Arthur-------2004 31% Rt Rating

147 Batman Forever --------RT 40%
Val Kilmer, Nicole Kidman and Tommy Lee Jones.

I guess 40 isnt that bad but really the Joel Schumacher films are consider so bad it took years before DC would try again with The Nolan films. However in my opinion Kilmer was one of my favorite Batmans but Still Liked Keaton the most. Clooney was the worst Batman and didnt care he was bad.
Batman Forever is kinda fun really but The guy playing Robin was Bad but The rest of the elements in the movie i liked was more of sell then pass for me.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Those snobs didn't like King Arthur? I rarely look in on their website, so they don't really get the opportunity to tick me off. Judging by your first three selections, I see you'll have a fairly easy time proving your case. Batman Forever is a dog of a superhero soap opera and 40% is generous.

146 Man On A Ledge-------RT 31%
Starring Sam Worthington, Elizabeth Banks

I like movies like this. These smaller action films kinda like the Phone Booth and Faster. What mean is allot of these smaller action films remind me more of the action movies of the 80s.
Where characters tend to drive the movie more then the script. You know movies where actors have too work harder with there talent when the script is weak.

Welcome to the human race...
This is a good idea for a thread, Ned. I don't rely on RT much either, though I can't help but be at least a little aware of the scores. Seems like it'd be a pretty big undertaking to figure out exactly which films have rotten ratings, after all.

Rotten Tomatoes score movies based on weither The Critic Liked It Or Didnt. But also never focus on the reviews too where some reviews seem possitive but are negative or vise versa. I think you vote yes or no if you like a movie with no half way option.

145 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Secret Of The Ooze. RT 32%

I can see why it got that score I just liked the movie then and still do.

144 Clash Of The Titans Remake RT 26%

While I do admit i love the classic version of Clash. I really liked this movie and thought it was lots of fun. Sword and Sandle films tend too get low reviews other then The 300 from RT.

143 47 Ronin--------2014 RT 14%

This was a really good movie I think. Its probably not for everyone but it had a last Samurai Vibe in a fantasy type setting. Or maybe its the fact I think Keanu would ahve been a better Last Samurai then Tom Cruise. But anyways the 14% is way too harsh in my opinion.

142 Star Trek 5 The Final Frontier. RT26%
I am very much aware that Star Trek 2 and First Contact are considered the gems of the Star Trek movies world under Abrams made his film. But I personally liked all the movies with Shatner and Nimoy and the crew. I have only seen 1-5 however.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
142 Star Trek 5 The Final Frontier. RT26%
I am very much aware that Star Trek 2 and First Contact are considered the gems of the Star Trek movies world under Abrams made his film. But I personally liked all the movies with Shatner and Nimoy and the crew. I have only seen 1-5 however.

See The Undiscovered Country and see it soon.

Star Trek V definitely has moments that keep me from thinking that it's genuinely bad. That scene where Sybok offers to heal the crew's deepest traumas is one of the best things I've seen in a Trek movie.

I'll bite. I got 1 off the top of my head.

Life (1999) 50%

This thing is a classic. This was in the infancy of RT so I wonder how it would do if it came out today. I remember it being my first Rated R movie I watched that I was consciencly watching knowing it was R. So I was nervous. But all they did was curse a lot, should have been PG 13 really. Anyways its a great comedy with memorable scenes and it had a lot of heart.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Wouldnt Call 50 as Rotten really. Anything below 40 too me is rotten. 50 too me is half Way point and so means half like it which is kinda a rare achievement.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
This is a good idea for a thread, Ned. I don't rely on RT much either, though I can't help but be at least a little aware of the scores. Seems like it'd be a pretty big undertaking to figure out exactly which films have rotten ratings, after all.
I bet you can also do a complete reverse of this thread, where RT snobs rate complete shite at 80%, 90% or higher.

Wouldnt Call 50 as Rotten really. Anything below 40 too me is rotten. 50 too me is half Way point and so means half like it which is kinda a rare achievement.
But 50% also means that half the people don't like it. I think that's why RT uses 60% as its cut-off point between "fresh" and "rotten" - they need to have a clear majority.

I bet you can also do a complete reverse of this thread, where RT snobs rate complete shite at 80%, 90% or higher.
You could, but it wouldn't be as interesting.