Diehl40's Top 100 Films (Favorites)

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

53. Wizard of Oz

The Wizard of Oz is one of the best movies ever made, but the flying monkeys still scare the he!! out of me every time I watch it.

I love the TV show "MASH", but for some reason, I just didn't really care much for the movie. Maybe it's because I saw the TV show first, and then I watched the movie later.
Why is that, out of curiosity? I mean, I didn't love it either, but I did at least enjoy it for what it was; an episodic series of hijinks with a group of misfit doctors during the Korean War (almost exactly like the show, only feature-length, with different actors, and without the laugh track come to think of it, heh).

Wow, so nice thank you for these shares.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I love the TV show "MASH", but for some reason, I just didn't really care much for the movie. Maybe it's because I saw the TV show first, and then I watched the movie later.
Why is that, out of curiosity? I mean, I didn't love it either, but I did at least enjoy it for what it was; an episodic series of hijinks with a group of misfit doctors during the Korean War (almost exactly like the show, only feature-length, with different actors, and without the laugh track come to think of it, heh).

I'm not really sure why, but my guess is that I've seen the TV show so many times that I just couldn't see other actors playing some of the roles. Most notably, Alan Alda will always be Benjamin Franklin"Hawkeye" Pierce to me, and nobody else can fill his shoes.