9/11 - the documentary

Tools    

It made me sad.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I've got a splitting headache
Ditto

Fighting out of the Lions Den
It documented the guys involved extremly well.
I felt a real affiliation with everyone portrayed, especially the two Brothers...it was a great moment caught on film when they finally meet back up and discover they both survived this tremendously sad ordeal.
The sound of the bodies hitting terra firma was particulary hard to stomach though.

Get off my island
Hooc. It was pretty harrowing, especially when the guy was running away and the dust from the collapse came billowing down, engulfing him and the camera

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

I am having a nervous breakdance
*bump*

It's been almost nine years since I started this thread. Has anyone seen this film (9/11 by Jules and Gédéon Naudet and James Hanlon)? Do you remember the film and your thought about it?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
*bump*

It's been almost nine years since I started this thread. Has anyone seen this film (9/11 by Jules and Gédéon Naudet and James Hanlon)? Do you remember the film and your thought about it?
Lol this forum moves at a bit of a slow pace at times.

Yes I own this documentary.

Obviously its an upsetting series of events but a good documentary. Its tense when they get back to the station and wait to hear who has made it out alive, especially the Rookie. Good to see the events of the day unfold from the perspective of the Firemen rather than the CNN /BBC newsroom. Very surreal when they are in the WTC Lobby and you have bodies landing outside.

I haven't watched it again since 2002 when I started this thread.

But I watched I'm Still Here the other night and I don't know why I came to think about 9/11. But I suddenly did and went here to see if anybody had written anything about it and I found this thread - that I started. (I've been here too long....)

Anyway... I remember when I saw this film and that I felt that there was something fishy about it. I didn't want to say it outright because I was afraid that I was going to offend someone here (it was pretty sensitive times back then), but I remember thinking that the documentary, entirely or on some level, was staged.

I haven't seen it since, and I haven't analyzed it further, and since no one here seemed to be of the same opinion, I dropped it and apparently stopped thinking about it (especially since I even forgot about my own thread). But last night I googled around a bit to get info about the film and the filmmakers, and I have to say that judging by the extraordinary unique footage that this film provides us with, there's very little written about it. On imdb there were links to 10 external reviews by critics I have never heard of (I think 3 were German). There's 208 links to external reviews on Bowling for Columbine. I find that odd.

On the net there's a few conspiracy theorists that claim that this film is a hoax, and they really deconstruct it to pieces. I can't even bother to read it, it's so detailed and hair-splitting. What I have is my own gut feeling, that I often felt that the people in the documentary were acting, that the events were scripted and that the camera work felt not at all spontaneous or improvised.

I shouldn't say too much though - it's been nine years. I should probably watch it again and see if I still think it's fishy.

I haven't watched it again since 2002 when I started this thread.

But I watched I'm Still Here the other night and I don't know why I came to think about 9/11. But I suddenly did and went here to see if anybody had written anything about it and I found this thread - that I started. (I've been here too long....)

Anyway... I remember when I saw this film and that I felt that there was something fishy about it. I didn't want to say it outright because I was afraid that I was going to offend someone here (it was pretty sensitive times back then), but I remember thinking that the documentary, entirely or on some level, was staged.

I haven't seen it since, and I haven't analyzed it further, and since no one here seemed to be of the same opinion, I dropped it and apparently stopped thinking about it (especially since I even forgot about my own thread). But last night I googled around a bit to get info about the film and the filmmakers, and I have to say that judging by the extraordinary unique footage that this film provides us with, there's very little written about it. On imdb there were links to 10 external reviews by critics I have never heard of (I think 3 were German). There's 208 links to external reviews on Bowling for Columbine. I find that odd.

On the net there's a few conspiracy theorists that claim that this film is a hoax, and they really deconstruct it to pieces. I can't even bother to read it, it's so detailed and hair-splitting. What I have is my own gut feeling, that I often felt that the people in the documentary were acting, that the events were scripted and that the camera work felt not at all spontaneous or improvised.

I shouldn't say too much though - it's been nine years. I should probably watch it again and see if I still think it's fishy.
It's ok, I know for a fact that 9/11 is an inside job. I was actually gonna say something along those lines in my above post but didn't for the same reasons as you.

It's been a while since I watched this so I would have to have another look before deciding for myself if it is a phony. I was actually aware of the theories regarding this a a fake but did not wan't to bring it up.

I would say that anythings possible but it's probably legit.

You know that "for a fact," huh? Sure.

I'm not going to debunk this stuff all over again here. I'll just remind you that there's already a thread containing a few never-answered questions (and never-admitted debunkings) directed at you. You can go ahead and start there if you want to make your case. I'll take this stuff on any time.

You know that "for a fact," huh? Sure.

I'm not going to debunk this stuff all over again here. I'll just remind you that there's already a thread containing a few never-answered questions (and never-admitted debunkings) directed at you. You can go ahead and start there if you want to make your case. I'll take this stuff on any time.
There's another thread devoted to 9/11?

And again, I'm not saying that it is fake - just that I had the impression that something wasn't right with it.

Oh, I know. I wasn't addressing you. I haven't seen the documentary and couldn't say if it was maybe a little staged, or exaggerated, or anything else.

A few years ago, I worked as an intern at CBS, which aired this tape. I usually get to watch new shows before they air. Once, me and several co-workers got to view this new documentary about 9/11 before it aired. Usually, there are comical titles to some of the shows, sort of work realated chuckles. So, when we saw the title was 9/11 Was Staged, we shrugged it off and continued with the show. It started with a government person talking to us about how this was designed to further propagandize the 9/11 coverup. Suddenly, the people's eyes became hyper-realistic. It was really disturbing. Then, the government agent killed the cameraman with a gun and announced that this part of the tape was to be destroyed with magnets. I was so scared, I almost screamed and one of the interns ran out of the room. Then, a quick picture lasted one frame, so we had to rewind the tape, where we saw a picture of the government putting explosives in the WTC. It was incredibly real and definitely not fake, because I have experience with visual effects. It was so disturbing, I almost screamed again, and we continued with the show. It looked like the opening credits of the documentary were about to play but there was suddenly a flash and then a cut to black. Then, we heard screaming, and the government agent was on screen again holding one of the explosives we saw in the single frame, then a voice said "Bin Laden's body cannot be found", and "No one can kno." Then, the tape suddenly exploded, so that's why I can't show you the video. My friend committed suicide later, and his note said "My life was a lie". Then, I visited his grave and then a skeleton popped out.

Wow Yoda it took you all of 5 hours to come and slam my post. Your getting sloppy.

Nah, I was just at a movie.
Was it the one called: "9/11 happened the way we say it did, nothing to see here, move along, it was al ciada etc etc etc"

No, it was Cowboys & Aliens.

I'll repeat what I said: if you want to argue about this, there's a thread in it waiting for you to answer a whole heap of questions. They've been waiting a long time. And surely someone who knows such things for a fact would have no problem answering them. Go ahead. Any time.

Was Cowboys and Indians good? I quite fancy it.

No I don't want to waste hours of my life debating every theory and debunk surrounding events of 911.

Not bad. I was a little let down, but the people I saw it with liked it more. I think you'd dig it.

Every theory and debunking, eh? I'd settle for just a few. But your call. However, when you casually mention that you know, for a fact, that it was faked, you can probably expect a re-issue of the same challenges offered before. That's just common sense, I think.