Julian Assange, Swedish Law and the unholy alliance of the left and right!

Tools    

I'm not looking down my nose at the US in this thread. I just saw BS and called it. Often, I'm not too bothered by the actions (I expect a superpower to throw its weight around. They always have and, almost certainly, always will) but the lack of honesty always gets me offside.

I'm not looking down my nose at the US in this thread. I just saw BS and called it. Often, I'm not too bothered by the actions (I expect a superpower to throw its weight around. They always have and, almost certainly, always will) but the lack of honesty always gets me offside.
Kid, I don't even know where you're from, so my remark was not aimed at you.

But lack of honestly in politics??? I'm shocked, shocked!!

I went back and found your earlier post about the 700 US garrisions controlling the world. I'd forgotten that "silly" exchange--silly in the sense of a humorous exaggeration. Like I said, when I was stationed in Europe, I never knew anyone to reup so they could stay there rather than go home and get out of the Army. I never met a single US military personnel who wanted to be there. And you might be surprised at how many US residents would like the government close all of its overseas bases--and embassys. too. When most people over here talk about reducing government spending, they're primarily want to "end foreign aid" and bring all of our military back to the USofA. I'm not an isolationist, and I love traveling to yours and other countries--as a civilian. Or I used to love it before Home Security started seeing terrorists' shadows in every aircraft and ruined air travel.

Some super-power--US citizens letting renta-cops look at their private parts because of the boogie-bear stories Home Security tells to justify its existence. How can you see things like that and still talk of the US as a superpower when our own people are afraid to travel in their own country without a federal marshall on the plane?