Federer: King of Wimbledon

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
How about that guy.... It looked like Nadal was going to win this and then, during a couple of games in the 5th set, Federer just lifts his play and once again turns into the best player who ever walked the Earth. It's incredible... When he's like 85% of his best he pretty much evens with Nadal - who too seems to be from another galaxy - and then.... he just accelerates.

Do you think he can break Björn Borg's record and win six in a row? Do you think he can tie with Pete Sampras and win seven (non-consecutive)? Do you think he will be able to win eight in his career?

Is Roger Federer the best tennis player ever?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I'm not so sure he'll win next year. Nadal keeps getting better and better, he was really close this year.

I think it's interesting that Federer is considered the best ever (by me too), and yet, has a negative score with Nadal.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I don't know the exact statistics but I think that Nadal has won the most matches between the two, but if you take away the clay matches I blelieve Federer has won the most of the rest. Which would be logical since Nadal is the best clay player in the world while Federer is the best overall player in the world. The only grand slam tournament he hasn't won is the French Open, played on clay, (lost against Nadal twice in the two last finals).

I too believe that Nadal will be able to beat Federer on grass but at the same time I believe the opposite, that Federer sooner or later will be able to beat Nadal in a possible French Open match in the future.

Another thing that I think speaks in Federer's favour is the different playing styles. I believe that Nadal's explosive tennis runs a much higher risk of redering him serious injuries while Federer's physique matched with his flawless technique and strong mentality increase his chances for a career at the top for at least 6-7 more years. On the other hand, Nadal is four years younger so I guess they'll be running into each other all the way through the rest of their careers.

If Federer plays the way he did in the 5th set in the Wimbledon final in the US Open, I can't see how anyone will be able to stop him from a 3rd Grand Slam tournament victory this year. It would of course be interesting with another Nadal - Federer battle but at the same time it would be fun to see another clash between Roddick and Federer. I'm uncertain about Roddick's shape though.