Has anyone seen Quilombo or Ganga Zumba?

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
I'm currently reading a book about different movements in Latin America. It's called Americanos and the author is Magnus Linton.

Right now I'm reading about Movimento Sem Terra (MST) a Brazilian movement of landless, mostly with slave ancestors, who occupy property in order to (re)gain ownership of their own piece of land. An iconic figure that serves as a role model for these people is Ganga Zumba, an slave escaped who created a kingdom for fugitive slaves in the Amazonas during the 17th century. The king was very successful and even the Portuguese treated him as a monarch. When he made a treaty with the colonizers he was killed (probably by one of his own sons or nephews for betraying his people, as they saw it). The kingdom was then crushed by the portugese.

I had never heard about this slave king before and was very fascinated by his life story and by the fact that he, as a slave, was able to create a kingdom of his own that was respected even by his colonizers. It would be great to learn more about Ganga Zumba and his kingdom.

Apparently there are at least two films made about him. Ganga Zumba (1963) and Quilombo (1984), both Brazilian productions. Has anyone seen any of these two films or any other film about Ganga Zumba?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Does anyone know Quilombo or Ganga Zumba?
"I knew a hooker once named Minnie Mazola".
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra