N word in The Help?

Tools    

I just watched this movie and I swear I didnt hear the N word once. There were plenty of "Nigra"'s according to my subtitles, but thats southern for Negro. Am I right or did I miss them? Its not a realistic portrait of early 60's Mississippi without the N word. Maybe they were trying to keep the PG-13 rating. What do you all think?

Pretty sure it's for the rating. Pretty much every movie that includes adults but excludes swearing is being "unrealistic" in that almost all adults swear sometimes. So you get the same point across some other way, IE: with people behaving in a racist manner, rather than using racial slurs.

that's what she said...
Havn't seen it yet but I'm pretty sure they didn't use the word because they had very respectable actresses/actors and they didn't want to ruin a great storyline with repeating a word many take offence to. Thats just my take. I still have to see this and maybe I'll have a better understanding... I'm just saying, I know Emma Stone is in the movie and I dont think she'd ever say that word.

Havn't seen it yet but I'm pretty sure they didn't use the word because they had very respectable actresses/actors and they didn't want to ruin a great storyline with repeating a word many take offence to. Thats just my take. I still have to see this and maybe I'll have a better understanding... I'm just saying, I know Emma Stone is in the movie and I dont think she'd ever say that word.
I don't know if any of the actresses would even care. I haven't seen the film, but I agree that if they want a realistic portrayal of racism they'd have to use the "N" word. I just don't think most actresses would care if they had to read it off a script.
I think avoiding that word is like for the Nazis not to degrade the Jews in a Holocaust movie.

two can keep a secret, if one of them is dead..
It was more than likely for the rating. They had other ways of showing the racism; but I figure that they didn't use the term because they probably figured they would offend that one somebody who'd make a huge deal out of it. Either way, it was an amazing movie; and I'm not only saying that cause of Emma Stone..

for my movie reviews: letterboxd.com/raineotaku

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I saw it on the weekend and it was definitely used by some older characters. It is safe but more serious than I first thought.

Semper Fooey
I just watched this movie and I swear I didnt hear the N word once. There were plenty of "Nigra"'s according to my subtitles, but thats southern for Negro. Am I right or did I miss them? Its not a realistic portrait of early 60's Mississippi without the N word. Maybe they were trying to keep the PG-13 rating. What do you all think?
Does the word show up in To Kill a Mockingbird?

Driving Miss Daisy?