Tarantino's Django Unchained

Tools    

I haven't seen Moneyball, but I feel that his inclusion in this will be jarring, regardless of how good of a dramatic actor you lot say he is. It's the kid from fookin' Superbad ffs. A film that came out not too long ago?? Anyways, I doubt his role will be dramatic. I reckon it'll be something similar to Mike Myers in IB

I thought he was great in Superbad and good in knocked up. He is only 28 about to turn 29 and he has quite the resume. Hell he is costarring with Leonardo Dicapro in a new Martin Scoresse film and Marty doesn't just hire any actor. He is a an actor on the rise and is getting better and better. There is a reason he was nominated for an academy award.

It will be interesting to see if he is laying a dramatic or comedic role. I think he is a better dramatic actor.

Seeing as how Mike Myers was pretty awesome in his little Basterds role, that's fine by me.

If Tarantino, of all people, hasn't proven that he knows how to cast the right people, then nobody has.

Hill is older than I thought, thought he was around 24 or something.

Myers himself was alrightish, but awesome might be a bit too much. Not saying his performance was bad or anything, but knowing it was Myers kind of took me out of the film a little bit. I fear a similar reaction towards Hill.

Got to say I'm decidedly underwhelmed by the trailer for this.

The more I hear, the more it sounds like a complete rip off of The Legend Of N*gger Charley and The Soul Of N*gger Charley. Two lesser seen (for obvious reasons) blaxploitation westerns.

I'm so over Tarantino.

Cha-Ching!!

Quentin Tarantino planning Django Unchained comics
Filmmaker Quentin Tarantino is turning his all-star western movie Django Unchained into a comic book series.

The Pulp Fiction director made the surprise announcement at California's Comic-Con event in San Diego on Saturday, when he crashed a discussion panel for DC Comics' Before Watchmen to unveil his own plans for a five-issue series of graphic novels.

And Tarantino admitted the project will tie in very closely with his upcoming slave drama, telling fans, "The comic will literally be the first draft of the script."

Earlier in the day, Tarantino joined his Django Unchained stars Jamie Foxx, Kerry Washington and Christoph Waltz to discuss the concept of the movie with devotees.

The film is due for release this Christmas, while the comic books are expected to go on sale next year.
http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/quentin...201400707.html

I Can only PRAY

Anyone else eagerly awaiting the release of this film?

Inglourious Basterds was just an unbelievable experience at the theater. I thought the actual theater was burning down for a second...

DiCaprio in a Tarantino film??? This film is almost guaranteed to be up for some big awards and the good thing about Tarantino is he doesn't care.

Dicaprio and Tarantino???? Look out.

In a world of remakes and reboots and novels being made into movies, it is a breath of fresh air to get an original script/film every few years from Tarantino and a few other great Director's...

Got to say I'm decidedly underwhelmed by the trailer for this.

The more I hear, the more it sounds like a complete rip off of The Legend Of N*gger Charley and The Soul Of N*gger Charley. Two lesser seen (for obvious reasons) blaxploitation westerns.

I'm so over Tarantino.

In a world of remakes and reboots and novels being made into movies, it is a breath of fresh air to get an original script/film every few years from Tarantino and a few other great Director's...
Really?

I'd also point out that there have been film adaptations of novels almost for as long as there's been narrative cinema.

Yes really. I know there is nothing wrong with a novel being made into a movie if it is done well. Something I love about a good story when it is completely original though.