filmgirlinterrupted's TOP 50

→ in
Tools    

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
That Tyler wasn't right. That he really didn't have all the answers.

EDIT: He understands the problems, but doesn't have the solutions. That's what I felt The Narrator thought of Tyler in the end.
Here's how I see it...

In the end, the Narrator becomes Tyler. Self-destruction leads to self-discovery. The Narrator is able to destroy that part of himself that is angry; the part of himself that is violent; the part of himself that is pure Freudian id. This part of his subconcious was channeled through Tyler Durden in the creation of Fight Club and Project Mayhem.

In order for the Narrator to become completely free of the constraints of self-pity and self-loathing, he needed Tyler.

In the last scene, we see the buildings fall down as Marla and the Narrator watch from the window. The Narrator has sucessfully destroyed himself from within, allowing him to finally care for another human being - Marla Singer. He becomes Tyler in the sense that he is able to accept destruction as a form of creation.

You're right about Tyler being wrong, in a sense. Nobody can live their life that way, with such extremes. And I do understand what you're saying about the fans who call themselves Tyler Durden and what not. I once saw a faux presidential ad campaign poster for Tyler Durden - and I'm thinking, "Tyler would never run for president." Hahaha...damn kids these days.