That's right, Jim Mora, we're talking about playoffs

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Thank you good sirs.. I may gloat a lil, and for that i apologize somewhat, but yeah it feels cool when it happens like that. Especially because i'm not just naming upsets for the sake of it. There is a logic applied.

with this weekend in the books, my over-all fun bets with buddies online record improves to a gawdy 14-2.

7 ball caps, 2 sweatshirts, $100 and now the Red Dawn double disker that i just had to have after sending Yodes one.

Hahaha, even on Red Dawns!

Just checked the early line: it is, indeed, 3.5. Normally I'd expect that to go a bit higher, but probably not with a New York team on the other side. I think it should be 4 or 5 (based on performance, not on actual betting, obviously), but you can make a good case for anything in that general range. Looks like both championship games will have a line around a field goal.

Fun fact for pats fans (srry Mike)

Belichick Superbowl wins since Spygate = 0

Times clowned by NY teams since = 2

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Holy cow!! What an upset! I didn't see the Pats going down like that.

So, Green Bay and Chicago and New York and Pittsburgh

My wife asked me who I thought would end up in the Super Bowl, and I honestly can't call it. All four teams have been playing some really good defense, so only time will tell.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Spud get with the program will you. The Superbowl participants have already been announced.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/user/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/dex.bmp[/IMG]

The Jets stopped the obnoxious force called the New England Patriots. So obnoxious that even Rex Ryan looked like the good guy. JOY!

Ryan said before the season began that they were gonna win the super bowl, and though many are loathe to use this as their deciding logic, I have to say the Jets are gonna win it all. 2 more games and its done. Their biggest test has been overcome, and their next biggest one is next. Pittsburgh vs NYJ could be a 10-7 game at best.

I will have you know sir, i am a terrific speller, i do howver i concede i suck at typing.

Tell me more about this Chicken sammich though.

Making a great sandwich is a true art. Id tell you the secret, but the munchies would overcome you entire and youd be forced to gorge. Thats not good!

If the New York Jets did go to and win the super bowl could everyone just imagine the state Rex Ryan would be in. His soundbytes would never end to the point thered be scientific proof breath isnt necessary. The only thing holding them back, imo, is Mark Sanchez.

Im not convinced hes the real deal, and am remembering that Steeler QB that *choked vs the Cowboys in the Barry Switzer year. I forgot his name, but he was more consistent than Sanchez. Pittsburgh knows where NYJs weakness is and Mark is gonna look like the road runner, and the Steelers a well armed ACME coyote.

Well, the line is moving, but it looks like both games will be something like -3 (for Green Bay and Pittsburgh). Some people suggested there was no way that the Bears could be a home underdog, but I think they have to be.

Early Super Bowl Odds put the Pack as the favorite, followed by Pittsburgh, NY, and Chicago. I actually agree with this. I think the Steelers are probably the best team left, but Green Bay's matchup this week is easier, so they stand a better chance of making it in the first place.

By the by, I know we're going to be hearing a lot about how the Jets beat Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in consecutive weeks, but it's worth noting that a) Manning is surrounded by his weakest team in maybe a decade, and b) they had the 20th and 25th best defenses, respectively, and they still only hung 17 and 28 points on the two of them. The Jets offense hasn't looked great, and now they're playing what's probably the best defense in the NFL.

So, it seems reasonable to think that this game is going to be about which offense can either duct tape a couple of drives together, and/or which defense gets big turnovers to give their offense a short field.

Thanks for pointing that out Dex.

I disagree with the experts. I feel, destiny aside, the Steelers are the best team left in the playoffs. The Packers are only as good as their franchise QB, the Bears offense inconsistent like their QB, and the Jets offense has a mediocre QB. I agree the Steelers D is better than the NYJs, and they match up great vs New York.

Steelers will stop LT & Greene dead in their tracks, and force Sanchez to execute. I truly believe Sanchez chocking (correct spelling) or not will decide the game as the Jets can certainly stop Pittsburgh from scoring. Nick Folk isnt the greatest of field goal kickers, and Pittsburgh has a new kicker so there really isnt going to be automatic points for either team in that department. The edge goes to Pittsburgh, but I still feel the Jets will win. How?! Ive no idea. Hunches arent logical.

Bears or Packers? Who the hell knows. Both defenses are great, and is Cutler gonna throw the interceptions is the question. Rodgers wont, and I guess thats why Green Bay has the edge. Cutler does look more efficient in the Mike Marz offense than he ever has, but will he collapse in the NFC championship game vs a motivated & loaded Packers defense? Very possible. I hope Green Bay wins because the Packers are a great orginization, and Rodgers is deserving of a ring. Whoever wins the NFC championship though has a tougher matchup ahead in the super bowl vs NYJ or Pittsburgh.

Making a great sandwich is a true art. Id tell you the secret, but the munchies would overcome you entire and youd be forced to gorge. Thats not good!

If the New York Jets did go to and win the super bowl could everyone just imagine the state Rex Ryan would be in. His soundbytes would never end to the point thered be scientific proof breath isnt necessary. The only thing holding them back, imo, is Mark Sanchez.

Im not convinced hes the real deal, and am remembering that Steeler QB that *choked vs the Cowboys in the Barry Switzer year. I forgot his name, but he was more consistent than Sanchez. Pittsburgh knows where NYJs weakness is and Mark is gonna look like the road runner, and the Steelers a well armed ACME coyote.

(oh and the steeler you are referring to is Neil O'donnell)

A few things. First I think Rex Ryan is the real deal. He certainly has the pedigree with papa buddy largely considered a pioneer of the modern defensive schemes still used today.

As for Sanchez, he's a 2nd year QB that just managed to outplay Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, so really give the guy his due. Matty Ryan and Joe Flacco also play for Teams that rely on the running game and the defense to set the pace, and they get no where near the Flak this kid gets. I guess because he plays for teh Jets, folks compare him to Joe Namath or somethen, totally forgetting the Jets have had crappy QB's for years.

Having said all that, The Steel Curtain will stuff the run, which severely limits what ganggreen can do on offense.

In my mind, it will be an all out slugfest, with the difference being which tight end does the most damage underneath, and which defense imposes its will best in terms of turnovers.

Steelers win in my estimation because they are a better team top to bottem. The AFC is extremely tough sledden at the top of the heap, imo moreso than the NFC in terms of the playoff eligible teams.

I'm really looking forward to the 2011 Superbowl featuring the Packers and the Steelers. Thats for dang sure.

Man, I'm giddy at the thought of maybe getting to the Super Bowl again. I started dating my now-wife a little over 5 years ago, and the Steelers won a Super Bowl shortly after. Then, they won another a couple years later. I joked at the time that they'd averaged a Super Bowl every other year since we'd been together, and that I'd better lock that down. So, I did, and if they happen to win this year that'd keep pace, with 3 of the last 6.

I'm definitely at the point where getting to the Super Bowl is about as enjoyable as winning it, too. The city's a lot of fun in those two weeks between the conference championship and the big one; Steeler fight songs on the radio, team merchandise front-and-center in lots of stores. It's always really, genuinely exciting, so I hope I get to experience it again. The last time, just after the win against Arizona, people on my then-street came out of their houses and started Steeler chants, fireworks went off, and people driving up and down the hill my apartment was on were randomly honking for hours afterwards. It's a really big football town and that makes getting to the big game an awful lot of fun. Here's hoping.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
ditto Plainview, I really think it's going to be Packers vs. Jets, but I think GB has what it takes to be the first #6 seed to win it all. If GB plays up to its full potential, they can't be beat by Chicago. Here's hoping they do.

I'd like to see Green Bay win it all. I like most everyone involved with that team.

Man, I hope so. I feel like we have been falling short for the past decade.

At least I don't think I have to worry about late game interceptions in the NFC championship game this time around.

ditto Plainview, I really think it's going to be Packers vs. Jets, but I think GB has what it takes to be the first #6 seed to win it all. If GB plays up to its full potential, they can't be beat by Chicago. Here's hoping they do.
I think the Giants were a 6 seeded team when they beat the Pats. I think Green Bay is a sure thing to win the NFC. The Patriots would have blown the doors off of Pitsburgh so it seems logical that the Jets will beat the steel. Im not a huge steel fan and would love to see the Jets win the bowl this year.