Voices of the Dead Song Tournament

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
ROUND 1, PART 3

1. Falco - Rock Me Amadeus vs. Stone Temple Pilots - Vasoline
No Contest

2. Andy Gibb-I Just Want to Be Your Everything vs. Dennis Wilson - Thoughts of You
talk about going complete opposites in the emotional spectrums

3. Dio - Rainbow In The Dark vs. The Monkees - Cuddly Toy
rather tough choice, but, in the end

4. Viola Beach - Boys That Sing vs. Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy
No competition for me

5. Glenn Frey - You Belong To The City vs. Elliott Smith - Needle in the Hay
Had forgotten ALL about this song. I remember this being from some movie -- anybody have any idea

6. Robert Palmer - I Didn't Mean to Turn You On vs. Grateful Dead-Casey Jones
another toughie

7. Morphine - Wishing Well vs. Bob Marley - Three Little Birds
Classic Marley

8. Soungarden - Fell On Black Days vs. Linkin Park - One More Light (watch the video)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Had forgotten ALL about this song. I remember this being from some movie -- anybody have any idea

I don't know if it was ever in a movie, but it was in an episode of the TV show "Miami Vice". (His song "Smuggler's Blues" was also in an episode of "Miami Vice", and Glenn Frey even guest starred in that episode.)

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I don't know if it was ever in a movie, but it was in an episode of the TV show "Miami Vice". (His song "Smuggler's Blues" was also in an episode of "Miami Vice", and Glenn Frey even guest starred in that episode.)
It could very well be, but something keeps clicking in my brain that is showed up in a soundtrack. . . god knows where.

2. Andy Gibb-I Just Want to Be Your Everything vs. Dennis Wilson - Thoughts of You

8. Soungarden - Fell On Black Days vs. Linkin Park - One More Light (watch the video)

8. Soungarden - Fell On Black Days vs. Linkin Park - One More Light (watch the video) (Probably the best video ever)

8. Soungarden - Fell On Black Days vs. Linkin Park - One More Light
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

ROUND 1, PART 3

1. Falco - Rock Me Amadeus vs. Stone Temple Pilots - Vasoline-So close I could vote differently every day.

2. Andy Gibb-I Just Want to Be Your Everything vs. Dennis Wilson - Thoughts of You-I bet a lot of people have kicked the bucket listening to that second song.

3. [b]Dio - Rainbow In The Dark[/B[ vs. The Monkees - Cuddly Toy-Dio's voice is so damn awesome.

4. Viola Beach - Boys That Sing vs. Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy-I've nominated the second before, because it f**king rules!

5. Glenn Frey - You Belong To The City vs. Elliott Smith - Needle in the Hay-The first is another I've nominated before. It's not quite awesome, but good enough to get the slight edge here.

6. Robert Palmer - I Didn't Mean to Turn You On vs. Grateful Dead-Casey Jones-I like the first but it was an easy vote for me.

7. Morphine - Wishing Well vs. Bob Marley - Three Little Birds-Marley has never done well in these tournaments, but that's not because of me.

8. Soungarden - Fell On Black Days vs. Linkin Park - One More Light (watch the video)-Both are real good but I've done a hell of a lot of drinking to the first.

That was the first time I heard the song. I liked it instantly!

ROUND 1, PART 3

Tough one. I love Falco. But also...damn, STP had some really good stuff. This song was one of them. Ugh. I hate this choice. I love both!

Andy Gibb. That is all.

I like The Monkees, and actually am not a Dio fan. But it wasn't the right Monkees song, and it was the right Dio.

I like both songs in this head to head, it's another tough one. Glenn Frey for the nostaligia.

Hmmm. Palmer, I think. A mic stand stroker.

I like Bob Marley quite a bit, but Morphine, man...and Mark Sandman dropped dead on stage in Italy. Way to go out.

1. AC/DC - Dog Eat Dog vs. Tom Petty-You Got Lucky

2. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Don't Come Around Here No More vs. Nina Simone - Feeling Good

3. The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever vs. Jeff Buckley - Grace

4. Linkin Park - Bleed It Out vs. Harry Nilsson-Jump Into the Fire

5. George Michael - Faith vs. Elvis Presley - Blue Suede Shoes

6. Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have to Say You Love Me vs. Stevie Ray Vaughn - House is Rockin

7. Alice In Chains - Would? vs. Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box

8. Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - Into The Great Wide Open vs. George Harrison - Ballad of Sir Frankie Crisp (Let it Roll)

ROUND 1, PART 4 (Last Part)

2. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Don't Come Around Here No More vs. Nina Simone - Feeling Good

6. Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have to Say You Love Me vs. Stevie Ray Vaughn - House is Rockin

8. Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - Into The Great Wide Open vs. George Harrison - Ballad of Sir Frankie Crisp (Let it Roll)

1. AC/DC - Dog Eat Dog vs. Tom Petty-You Got Lucky-Love AC/DC but that's my favorite Petty song.

2. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Don't Come Around Here No More vs. Nina Simone - Feeling Good-Both good, and I thought Nina Simone was a recent artist.

3. The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever vs. Jeff Buckley - Grace-The first is too strong.

4. Linkin Park - Bleed It Out vs. Harry Nilsson-Jump Into the Fire-I'm really not sure which I like more. I'll go with Harry since it's my nom and the song is in Goodfellas.

5. George Michael - Faith vs. Elvis Presley - Blue Suede Shoes-Really no contest.

6. Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have to Say You Love Me vs. Stevie Ray Vaughn - House is Rockin-Have never cared for Vaughn and Dusty is amazing.

7. Alice In Chains - Would? vs. Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box-Close call, both real good.

8. Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - Into The Great Wide Open vs. George Harrison - Ballad of Sir Frankie Crisp (Let it Roll)-I just don't have a history with the second sing.