The Amazing Spider-Man

Tools    

Semper Fooey
He is 26? (And looks around that).

I thought they were going back to high school? It is hard to tell from a picture, but his look seem wrong. I assume he's a heckuva actor.

Watch Andrew Garfield being announced as the new Spider-Man

Earlier it was announced that Andrew Garfield would be the new Peter Parker, and now Trailer Addict has a video of the moment producers Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin, along with director Marc Webb, introduced the new Spider-Man in front of an audience of international press.

Garfield was in town to promote David Fincher’s The Social Network which he stars in with Justin Timberlake. It must have been a bit of a surprise to be told he had won the role, and then to be thrust in front of the world’s media in the space of 30 minutes. He looks quite nervous in the video, as you can imagine.

You can watch the video here.

According to Deadline the actor will be paid $500,000 for the first film, $1 million for the sequel, and $2 million for the third film (that’s assuming the reboot is a hit, which it probably will be). Garfield is also a lot cheaper than Tobey Maguire who would have earned north of $20 million for Spider-Man 4.

Garfield will be suiting up later this year as filming is set to begin in December.

Source: Filmonic

According to Deadline the actor will be paid $500,000 for the first film, $1 million for the sequel, and $2 million for the third film (that’s assuming the reboot is a hit, which it probably will be). Garfield is also a lot cheaper than Tobey Maguire who would have earned north of $20 million for Spider-Man 4.
I know that, in reality, we're talking huge sums of money, but whichever studio exec got this guy to sign that deal is a genius. I think even I'd expect more than that for a three picture franchise deal. Top work, sir or madam.

Semper Fooey
That's what it says on paper. But actors have more leverage in these situations than you think to renegotiate for the sequels. But even renegotiated he will make way less than twenty million for one movie. And going with a complete unknown is always a gamble. Not only did the Superman reboot tank with its little known actor, but the Lone Ranger movie in the seventies was a complete disaster with a star who seemed to have vanished after it was made. Even when the first Superman movie was made with its then little known star, the studio hedged their bet by casting two superstars at the time, Gene Hackman and Marlon Brando.

Brandon Fraizer received one million for George of the Jungle for his first hit film and that was a while back. He wasn't a complete unknown, but certainly wasn't a household name.

...Brandon Fraizer received one million for George of the Jungle for his first hit film and that was a while back. He wasn't a complete unknown, but certainly wasn't a household name.
Whilst I understand where you're coming from (and agree) that was a good while back. Also, the film wasn't a brand (unlike Spiderman, reboot or not) nor was there the climate of franchise that there is now. Do you (or anyone else) know what the deal was for future sequels of George Of The Jungle and whether he was able to renegotiate?

Emma Stone has been officially cast in the Spiderman reboot. Originally, it was thought to be as Mary Jane Watson. However, it was revealed today that Stone will be cast as Gwen Stacy.
Emma Stone will be the lead female, meaning that Gwen Stacy will be more of a focus than Mary Jane Watson.
Director Marc Webb: “The chemistry between Andrew and Emma was stunning and made Emma the clear choice. At the heart of the story of Peter Parker is not only the amazing Spider-Man, but also an ordinary teenager who is wondering what he has to do to get the girl. Andrew and Emma will bring everything audiences expect to these roles, but also make them their own. Much to my surprise, it was fun to find out that our choice for Gwen (Emma) is also a natural blonde.”
Emma Stone is a good selection. She plays well in the high school girl role. “Superbad”, “Zombieland” and the recent release, “Easy A”, have all been good roles that she has done well in.

Plus there can’t be much worse of a lead female actress than Kirsten Dunst.

Semper Fooey
Probably a good idea to reboot with a different romantic interest. I wonder if they will kill her like in the comics.

We already have a thread for Spider-man 4.

It would really help if you post in existing threads, t would help getting everyone on the same page & people wont have to go on searching for past info/news updates on the movie.

Sorry, didn't see it on the first few pages so I figured there wasn't a thread for it yet.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Sorry, didn't see it on the first few pages so I figured there wasn't a thread for it yet.
Search function is your friend.

also, i know when they reboot a fanchise they tend to do a total cast make-over. (Which is a Shame because Sam Elliot was the Perfect "Thunderbolt" Ross..)

anyways, JK Simmons is J. Jonah Jameson

I am just happy I won't be seeing Tobey Maguire as Spidey anymore.
couldn't agree more

Denis Leary to Join Spider-Man Reboot

Originally Posted by Hollywood Reporter
Denis Leary is negotiations to play the father of Emma Stone in Columbia’s new Spider-Man movie.
Stone is playing the love interest of Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) and Leary will play police captain George Stacy, her father who frequently came into contact with the web-slinging superhero.
In Marvel Comics lore, Stacy perished in an accident during a battle between Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus, an event that led Gwen Stacy to hate the hero.
Columbia and director Marc Webb are keeping the James Vanderbilt and Alvin Sargent-penned script under lock and key so it’s uncertain how faithful to the core story Leary’s version of the character will be.
Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach and Laura Ziskin are producing the movie, which begins shooting in December.
WME-repped Leary hasn’t appeared in a theatrical movie since 2002’s The Secret Lives of Dentists, although he has been starring in the acclaimed drama Rescue Me since 2004. He appeared in HBO’s Recount and has continued to voice the character of Diego the sabertooth in the Ice Age movies.