COMIC BOOK MOVIES

Tools    

The Dark Knight was on when I was flipping channels last night. I watched it for a bit, mainly the hospital scene with Two Face. I always thought Ledger was great in this movie. No one will argue that he didn't have a unique and memorable take on the character.

That said, Jack would just blow him away. A dream scenario would have him and Ledger side by side, bantering with each other in character. Nicholson's presence would overwhelm Ledger's version. Yes, I realize they are two very different portrayals. Ledger's take "seems" to be deemed the end-all be-ll, in part because he passed away.

I do give a lot of credit to Ledger for a different take. The Joker that I know of has been polished and debonair. His performance was one I really enjoyed and leaves me inspired for Leto's Joker conspiracy theory to come to fruition.

The Dark Knight was on when I was flipping channels last night. I watched it for a bit, mainly the hospital scene with Two Face. I always thought Ledger was great in this movie. No one will argue that he didn't have a unique and memorable take on the character.

That said, Jack would just blow him away. A dream scenario would have him and Ledger side by side, bantering with each other in character. Nicholson's presence would overwhelm Ledger's version. Yes, I realize they are two very different portrayals. Ledger's take "seems" to be deemed the end-all be-ll, in part because he passed away.

I do give a lot of credit to Ledger for a different take. The Joker that I know of has been polished and debonair. His performance was one I really enjoyed and leaves me inspired for Leto's Joker conspiracy theory to come to fruition.
Total agree, both performances are great. But i have a real soft spot for Jacks Joker as he just steals the whole film, he's totally mad and very funny and most of his lines are so quotable:

"You wouldn't hit a man with glasses would you"

"They don't make em like they used to"

"Never dance with the devil in the pale moon light"

I've liked pretty much all of the recent movies....but hey, that includes the 'original' Incredible Hulk (Eric Bana) so I probably just have low standards.

I've liked pretty much all of the recent movies....but hey, that includes the 'original' Incredible Hulk (Eric Bana) so I probably just have low standards.
I'd agree. Hulk (2003) had some good moments, but things like giving the Hulk the powers of Giant Man and turning his father into the Absorbing Man - it's like they just threw a bunch of Marvel comics in a bag, jumbled them and pulled stuff out at random. But the worst was all the screen swipes, fades, blocks and panels - it was obvious what Ang Lee was trying to do, but it ended up just making the film hard to watch. It's never a good idea to make movie viewing a chore for the audience.