Francis Ford Coppola's Megalopolis

Tools    

That's cool.

But, by your own logic, if I make a statement about a Coppola film without mentioning any other directors, or other larger trends that include other directors, then it should be fairly obvious I'm talking about something in the context of the thread topic.
No it shouldn't. Everyone here compares films by various directors, even on specified threads. You gave us no indication you'd act this way. Once again, you didn't think about what the people here are going to say.

If you don't believe me, look for some director-specific threads by using the search bar and typing their last names and read through them. Maybe reading through these threads will show you how to treat people here.

Everyone here compares films by various directors, even on specified threads.
Yes, but in my case, I wasn't talking about other directors... because clearly I didn't mention any other directors in that post.

If others want to make comparisons, there's no reason not to make them.

Yes, but in my case, I wasn't talking about other directors... because clearly I didn't mention any other directors in that post.

If others want to make comparisons, there's no reason not to make them.

No one is going to make the connection. We all compare different movies and directors all the time. You're trying to accuse everyone else for a mistake you and you alone made. You reply immediately after every post, but you only make short paragraphs and don't describe things as well as you should. I might be replying quickly, but at least I'm going about things from various angles. You're just repeating the same thing over and over again.

Let me give you a writing tip: clarify things or they won't understand them. I ask my brothers to check out things I'm writing for novels, and they've told me before I need to do a better job detailing something, and I accepted it because I want to improve as a writer. I have a novel I published last year, and I'm quite proud of it. I went drunk on description because I was creating a whole new alien planet. But I'm not going to blame other people anytime I screw up. I even found a fault with it after I published it, and I'm gonna work to make sure I don't make that mistake again.

Take responsibility for your own posts.

Fred Roos, one of Coppola's closest collaborators on everything from The Godfather to Megalopolis, has passed away at 89. RIP

Some people watch The Godfather and see nothing more than a gangster movie; others are acutely aware of what a finely-tuned and well thought-out critique of modern-day capitalism it is; Coppola has often admitted as much, publicly.

What makes Tucker such a unique and profound film is also possibly lost on some folks who maybe don't see all of the narrative layers, motifs and thematic interests. The movie says a whole lot about the American industry and business realities in the 20th century that are even more pertinent today; and as much as the movie has to say, it also says so with some of the best production values of any 80s movie.
Coppola on The Godfather's deeper themes:

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/...y-about-the-us

Terrifying as it is, a truly epic trilogy.

For me the trailers left me confused. They didn't draw me into the story, and seemed to be elusive and undiectional...ecentialy, talkng but saying nothing, visually it's interesting, And I agree, it's not your usual trailer, and maybe that's the point.

Will I see the film, maybe, will I see it in the theaters maybe...we'll see!!

So many people are quick to complain that there aren't any original movies being made anymore.

This will be a good test of whether people really want something utterly original or if they're just happy with. more sequels, prequels and reboots of the big IP titles....

I haven't seen the trailer, most of the time I avoid it unless I'm in the cinema of course.
I always liked new things, I don't know if it's going to be original but I also like a fine executed movie even when I hear "nothing new".
Ok nothing new but different actors, director, sense of humor perhaps etc... when it's good delivered, I give it a chance.

The purpose of a trailer is to draw in the audience, entice without giving to much away...unfortunatly for me, it only left me confused and not that interested. The Visuals are amazing, but that's pretty much it!! And you know it will be like 3.50 hrs long, LOL!!!!

I'm glad the people who already decided they're not interested in the movie will not be taking up space in theaters when the movie has opened.

I'm open to the possibilities, after all it is FF Coppola...the trailes don't really tell you anything, but they also don't draw you into the movie either, IMHO. If and when Coppola get's his Angle Backer as a world distributor, I might be interested in puchasing a ticket...maybe, LOL!!