Horror movies

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
To kind of deversify your list there red, Hannibal, would be considered a thriller more than a horror. Basically, same area, but not same genre.

Carry on...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Too bad I've been away for so long b/c this is a fantastic thread!

I must say that most of the horror movies I watch multiple times have solid FX, lots of gore, and a helluva lot of comedy... movies such as the Evil Dead Series, Dead Alive, and the Return of the Living Dead series all pop into my head.

One movie I haven't heard anyone mention that I find is often overlooked is Carnival of Souls... a damn freaky movie when you consider when it was made and the budget they had.

Now With Moveable Parts
I hated Carnival of Souls.

I'd have to say that the Silence of the Lambs, had me truly freaked. I was shaking like a leaf; didn't know what to expect.

Now With Moveable Parts
I just thought the whole movie was so freakin' creepy. Especially from a woman's perspective.

"Put the lotion in the basket. "...worst nightmare, ever.

Now With Moveable Parts
Well, this movie goes down as the all time scariest for me. The reality of it, was just frightening as hell.

Right up there with The Shining and The Exorsist. My husband's gone crazy and wants to kill me! My kid is possessed by a demon and crab-crawls! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Now With Moveable Parts
no.

scary?

Now With Moveable Parts
Gross. I hate those kinds of things...Chainsaw Massacre was just too realistic in it's filming...I about puked.

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Yes, I loved the way the Brain Scene was setup.........it felt so surreal.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
After watching it a few times, you can see the CG work, so it's not as nasty, but that first time, it caught me off guard and it got me.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Utopia/Dystopia
Yes, I loved the way the Brain Scene was setup.........it felt so surreal.
Define surreal...don't look it up, I'll know if you do...just give me a quickie here; humor me.

Surreal: unreal. Beyond reality. Like something out of a dream, almost. That's the way I define it, at least. Anyway, the brain scene didn't scare me or freak me out. I just thought it was stupid. It was so over-the-top and ridiculous. And then there's a joke smack-dab in the middle of it, and a bunch of people laugh. I don't understand what we were supposed to feel during that scene at all. I sure as hell didn't feel scared.

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Are you suggesting that I use words without understanding the meaning, sadesdrk?