Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Meg (2018) - Jon Turteltaub

- I like shark movie and this one was fun. Statham is a cool actor for action movies and he has charisma so it work pretty well. definitely an entertaining watch.
+

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

Rewatch.
I love this movie and chocloate. It's my fav Lassse Hallstrom movie.It's like a fairytale - great plot, actors, pictures and music. I could watch it over and over again. This movie is quite similar to Jan jakub Kolski's "Jasminum". Both are just charming.

The Mascot (1934) by Wladyslaw Starewicz

This looks and sounds amazing .

Manifesto (2017) by Julian Rosefeldt

I'm really looking forward to seeing that.

Really decent polish horror.
I'll have to look out for that.

Rewatch.
I love this movie and chocloate. It's my fav Lassse Hallstrom movie.It's like a fairytale - great plot, actors, pictures and music. I could watch it over and over again. This movie is quite similar to Jan jakub Kolski's "Jasminum". Both are just charming.
I like it very much as well.

The Choice (2016)

If this is romantic I must be doing something completely wrong. Leaden dirge and I only sat through it because Tom Wilkinson appears as the Dad. Entirely charmless not helped by trying to tie on "attachment issues". For the great scenery. 2/10

Things we lost in the fire (2007)

I really liked this, low key. I always think Benicio Del Toro has a secret smile in every film. He plays washed up loser (with charisma) well here. All the leads play very constructive parts in mapping out a tale of loss, regret and blame. This is a strong 7/10.

Children of Men (2006)

I always enjoy dystopian movies to see what kind of ideas can emerge from a simple concept. This one is based on the human race becoming almost entirely infertile, with the exception of the focal point of the movie. She is a younger girl (young being relative since the youngest person in the world is now 18 years old) who must flee a warzone to try and save her baby. I was engaged for the entire movie, but it didn't do much to explain some of the reasoning behind why society came to this in the first place. The movie moved along nicely without certain plot details, but it takes away from the overall feeling of the movie after reaching the ending.
Yeah, the momentum of the film kept me going too. I liked it, always a sucker for Clive Owen since "Croupier".

I always liked the first half most. When I first saw it, I actually wanted that to continue and didn't like the shift. But then I realized what they were going for, and the second half has grown on me.

I don't if he is joking or being serious? I can almost turn that movie off after the Twister starts. Well, not until after Selma Hayek's dance number.

I'm probably stuck in the 90's and enjoy the stuff like True Romance and the likes. The dialogue and Harvey Keitel are great and its pretty much gone when all hell breaks loose.

Welcome to the human race...
I always liked the first half most. When I first saw it, I actually wanted that to continue and didn't like the shift. But then I realized what they were going for, and the second half has grown on me.
Exactly how much of a surprise is the vampire element supposed to be anyway? I didn't get around to seeing it until about a decade after its release and I was already aware that it had vampires in it so I wasn't exactly disappointed when they showed up, besides which I never thought there was anything special enough about the first half that it was thoroughly undermined by the second half.

I don't if he is joking or being serious? I can almost turn that movie off after the Twister starts. Well, not until after Selma Hayek's dance number.

I'm probably stuck in the 90's and enjoy the stuff like True Romance and the likes. The dialogue and Harvey Keitel are great and its pretty much gone when all hell breaks loose.
Why would I joke about it? The first half plays like either Tarantino self-parody or a bad imitation to the point that I'm almost glad the vampires show up.

Last movie watched...

American Psycho II: All-American Girl -

man, the second half of the American Psycho franchise is not good

Why would I joke about it? The first half plays like either Tarantino self-parody or a bad imitation to the point that I'm almost glad the vampires show up.

You've always seemed to have a sense of humor. I haven't seen it in a while, but the Harvey Keitel stuff, being a conflicted former man of the cloth. The uneasy relationship with his kids. It appears to have a little depth too, whereas the end is a "backed into the corner" scenario that didn't seem like anything new.

Hardcore Henry (2018)

Some things can only be made in Russia.

Welcome to the human race...
You've always seemed to have a sense of humor. I haven't seen it in a while, but the Harvey Keitel stuff, being a conflicted former man of the cloth. The uneasy relationship with his kids. It appears to have a little depth too, whereas the end is a "backed into the corner" scenario that didn't seem like anything new.
Yeah, good point, this could readily be read as a joke I suppose (but would you believe I put it on a "worst 100" list forever ago?). In any case, Keitel is definitely one of the better parts of the film but I never felt like the film did all that much with his character anyway and any sense of depth was overlooked in trying to make Clooney look halfway-sympathetic (especially when the film emphasised the interplay between the two, which felt like a mixed bag as a result). I wonder how much this can be put down to Tarantino trying to flesh out somebody else's treatment rather than crafting his own such story because it's really not playing to his strengths.

Last movie watched...

Mutiny on the Bounty (1935) -

was Gable even trying to do a British accent