Spirited Away

Tools    

I really need to rewatch this movie. I remember viewing it when I was younger and falling in love with it, it really draws you in into this fantastical world. One of the most immersive movies ever. I couldn't really get into My Neighbor Totoro though sadly.
Try to watch Miyazaki's other movies before watching Totoro. Totoro is a very subtle movie and one needs to be used to the style before trying to watch it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
This could be scary, but I will ask. What should one watch after Spirited Away Guap? That's all I've seen outside of Howl's Moving Castle.

Try Princess Mononoke and Porco Rosso because these two are very different from Spirited Away (which is more similar to Kiki's Delivery Service, Ponyo and Totoro, being more personal) and also very different from each other.

Try Princess Mononoke and Porco Rosso because these two are very different from Spirited Away (which is more similar to Kiki's Delivery Service, Ponyo and Totoro, being more personal) and also very different from each other.
I'd say Porco Rosso and then switch diretors twice with Whisper of the Heart then The Cat Returns. PM is so wildly different due to it's violence that you need to watch it when you are kn the mood for gore.

1 - Watch it with subtitles.
2 - It's one of the best movies ever made.

This is how I would rank Miyazaki's work as of now:

1 - Nausicaa (manga) (1,150 page manga, not a movie, Miyazaki's best work and one of the great works of literature of all time)
2 - My Neighbor Totoro (Miyazaki's best movie, minimalistic and elegant) - rate it as 100/100, my second favorite movie of all time
3 - Nausicaa (movie), Miyazaki's second best movie, best movie of it's genre (epic science fiction/fantasy) - 99/100
4 - Princess Mononoke - 98/100
5 - Spirited Away - 98/100
6 - Conan: Boy of the Future (TV series, one of the best TV series of all time)
7 - Porco Rosso - 97/100
8 - Castle in the Sky - 96/100
9 - Kiki's Delivery Service - 95/100
10 - Howl's Moving Castle - 91/100
11 - Ponyo - 89/100
12 - The Castle of Gagliostro - 87/100

However, I regard even The Castle of Gagliostro as a masterpiece and one of my top 200 favorite movies. It's genre doesn't fit my tastes very well though (it shows heavy Hitchcock influence, for instance, which is not my favorite style).

Haven't watched his latest movie (been searching for a cam with no results for months now), but I expect it to be better than anything he did since Spirited Away.

Miyazaki is widely regarded as the greatest animator of all time and the greatest living Japanese film director. So if you like cartoons or Japanese cinema watching all Miyazaki movies is a must. Always try to watch his movies with subtitles if you can (the dubbs for his movies are much weaker than the originals).

When released in 2001, Spirited Away became Japan's highest grossing film of all time and won many domestic and international awards, including movie of the year in most local film magazines and the golden bear in Berlin Film Festival (I believe, the only animation to win the major prize in any of the major film festivals). Though Miyazaki actually did not like Spirited Away's reception, since he regards his earlier films, which did not receive as many prizes, as superior.
thanks for the reply really appreciate it. gona start spirited away now although i only have the dub version !