The new Chucky movie looks like sh*t.

Tools    

And hilarious.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
The Elm Street remake was pure *****. It doesn't belong on any list except a ***** list and it makes all those goofy sequels look brilliant by comparison. At least they were somewhat inventive and darkly amusing and even creepy at times.
Different strokes for different folks. Your strokes just happen to be wrong.

And yours just happen to be right?

You're gonna get rubbed the wrong way a lot, 'cause the majority of fans of the franchise and the critics think it's a lame remake.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

The Bib-iest of Nickels
And yours just happen to be right?
It was most obviously a joke, eye-roller.

@Deadite - I didn't say it wasn't a lame remake, I just said that it's better than 2,4,5, and 6 in the Elm Street series. All of those movies are horrible, it being better, only means that I thought it was slightly less horrible.

As I said, I doubt many fans of the franchise would agree. None of the sequels are as good as the original of course (I personally think 2 is the weakest and I like 3, 4, and 5 best) but the remake isn't scary like the original and lacks the tongue-in-cheek appeal of the rest of the franchise. It is *****.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
As a fan of that franchise also, I liked the remake. I thought it was an interesting different take on the character of Freddy. Anyway, this new Chucky movie looks interesting, I'll watch it. LOL

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I feel the same, the new chucky trailer was shocking. He looks awful and isnt this going straight to dvd? Why cant they put the money they had to make this rubbish and put it into making a NEW horror film with a NEW bad guy like the good old 80's horrors. I love my horror films and this is horrible. I liked the newest Friday 13th film (remake) and I enjoyed the Nightmare on Elm Street (remake) but Freddy just looked all wrong. The new films will never be anywhere as good as the original films.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
People, go through topics before posting a reply...
I ment in general not this film in particular. I need to slow down my typing and let my brain catch up to my fingers

I think this Child's Play movie is going to be pretty decent for what it is. It's written and directed by the creator of the franchise (Dan Mancini) - who wrote all of the other movies and who directed Seed of Chucky. The ORIGINAL Andy -- Alex Vincent, all grown up -- IS BACK -- if only for a cameo.

I don't think Chucky's makeover is going to be much of a problem. Later in the movie, he even has the scars again (I saw a picture).

I would have liked to have seen another movie with Jennifer Tilly, but Tiffany did take over her body in the last movie and maybe that storyline should just be deemed over. For now.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I think this Child's Play movie is going to be pretty decent for what it is. It's written and directed by the creator of the franchise (Dan Mancini) - who wrote all of the other movies and who directed Seed of Chucky. The ORIGINAL Andy -- Alex Vincent, all grown up -- IS BACK -- if only for a cameo.

I don't think Chucky's makeover is going to be much of a problem. Later in the movie, he even has the scars again (I saw a picture).

I would have liked to have seen another movie with Jennifer Tilly, but Tiffany did take over her body in the last movie and maybe that storyline should just be deemed over. For now.
Can you provide a picture, because I'd really like to see it. Maybe put it in spoilers if anyone else doesn't want to.

Anyone else seen this yet? Don't let this whole topic put you off with the 'dog****' comments and so on because the film is fantastic and is definitely up there with the first film. Back to its best.

Why is he going after a girl this time? Is he trying to possess her?
Watch the film and find out, it's got a fine and dandy storyline.

The CGI they used to enhance his face looks stupid. It's about a doll, so you should use a f*cking doll for your horror movie. Practical effects make a difference because they look creepier.
^ They did use practical effects with a mixture of CGI. They don't look stupid, the effects are good in the actual film and clever in parts(for example using an actress/stunt double but the way they shoot it makes it look like him walking). He looks very creepy in this film. I actually loved the look of Chucky in this film.