1940's Hall of Fame II

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
looking to rob a charity for the war efforts so that he can sail away on a gambling boat? yeah, a lil bit bad, I think lol
Totally agree about Bickford, and yeah, I'm sure a Cary Grant HoF would be pretty cool

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'll be done by then for sure (as long as I track down Mr. Lucky)
I think @gbgoodies said that Mr Lucky was on one of the main pay per stream sites.

According to Google, Mr. Lucky is available to watch online on (from $2.99) on iTunes, YouTube, Vudu and Google Play.

Yahoo! @edarsenal it sounds like you found a favorite film in Mr Lucky Cary Grant is almost always good in his movies, was he ever bad? Charles Bickford is a fun-cantanerous character here and I always enjoy seeing him in movies. Mr Lucky is a film that has high watch-ability.

We should do a Cary Grant Hof sometime.
looking to rob a charity for the war efforts so that he can sail away on a gambling boat? yeah, a lil bit bad, I think lol
Totally agree about Bickford, and yeah, I'm sure a Cary Grant HoF would be pretty cool

I'd join a Cary Grant HoF. I've already seen most of his movies.

I DO believe we have an interest!!
Doing a small Cary Grant HoF on the side may very well be a lot of fun.
Could be a start to other movie star specific HoFs on occasion. . .

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Just because I'm curious, who would actually be the person most likely to host this possible Cary Grant HoF?

I would think CR, as he suggested it. But I think @gbgoodies should have a go at hosting one of these again, and that theme would be perfect for her.

I Remember Mama (1948) : I've yet to see a George Stevens film, I didn't like. Shane is one of my favourite westerns and I've recently seen a pair of his comedies : " The Talk of the Town" and "The More the Merrier" which I both liked immensely. Naturally I came in with the big expectations for this nomination and I can comfortably say that they were fulfilled. I Remember Mama was truly a testament to how versatile George Stevens is as a director for being comfortable with such different genres, at least to me. Despite being the longest lasting film in this Hall of Fame, this was suprisingly the most easiest and flowing watch for me. It should be adressed that sentimentality is not something I particularly like in a film, but in this one it just didn't bother me at all. I thought it was really cool to see the chronicles of a simple old-fashioned family participating in simple and spontaneous everyday situations. What really made me appreciate this film is that it didn't fell the need to dramaticize anything, but rather focused on certain milestones that children achieved during their childhood like : Katrin trying her first coffee or learning to accept failure and face death. I also liked the humorous implemented sequences like the cat situation and father creating an aversion to cigars for his son. Thought it was really refreshing to see how obedient and unselfish children were, unlike in many films. It was pretty clear their parents gave a lot of effort into making the honest and hard-working people out of them. Regarding performances, I'd like to primarily point out great Irene Dunne , as well as Oskar Homolka who played my favourite character, Uncle Chris. Finally, this is a film that didn't really have any faults in my book, except maybe not being too memorable. Nonetheless a terrfic nomination which I greatly appreciated and was uplifted by.

Speaking of thematic Hall of Fames, I think I'd be inclined towards doing more of the decade ones. I noticed the 40's and 50's were already done, so I guess we could try 60's or 70's next. Would anyone else be interested in that ?

Since I'm incredibly indecisive when it comes to picking a nomination, I actually prefer when there's something restrictive (like a specific decade) for the HoFs.

Speaking of thematic Hall of Fames, I think I'd be inclined towards doing more of the decade ones. I noticed the 40's and 50's were already done, so I guess we could try 60's or 70's next. Would anyone else be interested in that ?
Yup, I'm interested...and it's your idea, so you're the host

And I'm still looking forward to doing Cosmic's Foreign Language Hof. Whenever she want's to do it, I'm in

Yup, I'm interested...and it's your idea, so you're the host

And I'm still looking forward to doing Cosmic's Foreign Language Hof. Whenever she want's to do it, I'm in
Haha, I don't think I'm really adequate to be a host, though I'd like to try it at some point when I grow more accustomed to the site.

And Foreigh Language HoF seems like a neat idea. There are already couple of films, I could see as my potential candidates for that.

Haha, I don't think I'm really adequate to be a host, though I'd like to try it at some point when I grow more accustomed to the site.
That's cool maybe one of these days you will host....I'm still trying to get @edarsenal to host an Hof Ed what's your favorite decade?
And Foreign Language HoF seems like a neat idea. There are already couple of films, I could see as my potential candidates for that.
I think I have one picked out for that.

we should get schedules lined up for these.
As for a decade, I would be inclined to host a 70's, I think.
But we definitely need to get a foreign HoF or two going as well.
AND a Cary Grant HoF DEFINITELY. Got one or two I haven't seen but look really worthwhile for that.

and nearly forgot, Camo came up with a great one; Blind Grab/Movie You've Always Wanted To See and Haven't, which I already know what I'll nominate on that one.

I just don't know when a good time to start it would be. Or what my own nomination is haha.

Just because I'm curious, who would actually be the person most likely to host this possible Cary Grant HoF?

I would think CR, as he suggested it. But I think @gbgoodies should have a go at hosting one of these again, and that theme would be perfect for her.

Unfortunately I'm much too busy to host a HoF right now, (or anytime in the near future), so I wouldn't be able to host it anytime soon, but if someone else wants to host a Cary Grant HoF, I would definitely join it.

Unfortunately I'm much too busy to host a HoF right now, (or anytime in the near future), so I wouldn't be able to host it anytime soon, but if someone else wants to host a Cary Grant HoF, I would definitely join it.
It would be great if you could have done it, but seeing how you can't do it, I will host it, as it was my idea.

So tentatively planned to start the Cary Grant Hof in the middle of September. Be thinking of your Grant movies

It would be great if you could have done it. But seeing how you can't do it, I will host it...seeing how it was my idea.

So tentatively planned to start the Cary Grant Hof in the middle of September. Be thinking of your Grant movies

I'm looking forward to it. You always do an amazing job hosting the HoFs.

And I'll try to pick a movie that's easier to find than some of my last few noms.