The 12th Hall of Fame

Tools    

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Just to show you how out of touch I am with things around here, I didn't realize that the 11th was over by now!

I think I may follow along with this one the best that I can. I will print out the list of films now and see if I can pick any of them up from the library today. This is a HoF where I have actually seen less of the nominations. This one wouldn't be full of rewatches for me.

I have definitely seen:
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Casablanca
(truth be told, I am one of the few who is not that big of a fan of the film - I don't know what it is that it never made too much of an impression on me - maybe it is the ending - yeah, I've had issues with the ending ever since I first saw it years ago )
Y Tu Mama Tambien
U-Turn

I think I've seen:
The City of Lost Children
Hiroshima Mon Amour
Withnail and I

I've definitely not seen:
Never Let Me Go
Romper Stomper
Sanshiro Sugata
Joe
Barbara
The Man From Nowhere

Like I said, I will print a list out now and see what I can get watched.

I'm kind of tempted.

I have exactly 12 minutes left on this computer, though, to give you a nomination.

I have a film in mind, though. One that I think others have seen, but that is OK. As far as I am concerned, people can always watch it again.

I suppose I'll do it. I will send the PM now.

Besides, the computer is pressuring me to get off with this ominous message about how my session is ending soon. So it is a now or never situation right now.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Sweet, more film! And of course, the more the merrier. Welcome back, Vamp!

As i said i'm not watching Budapest again since i watched it not long ago so here's the short post about it when i did. To be honest i think i was initially a bit over-enthusiastic i don't think i like it as much as this post indicates but it is very good.

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Glad to have finally watched this i loved it as i expected. This was visually spectacular like most Wes Anderson films, fantastic use of colour and gorgeous sets. As charming and quirky as all Wes films but with a slight darker tone than usual that i wasn't expecting. Ralph Fiennes was really amazing, i think he probably should have won the oscar out of those that were nominated at least. It wasn't just him though, the film had an amazing cast overall possibly the best this decade, i think everybody in it did a good job. Overall it was a very fun, funny film that looked stunning and had an interesting story and characters. Pretty much the standard for Wes Anderson

I've actually thought about nominating Midnight Run before but always decided against it because comedies don't always do that well in these. So it will be interesting seeing where it finishes. I first saw it when i was about 11 and loved it then one time about five or six years ago i stumbled upon it on youtube and thought there was no chance it would hold up but it did and i now own it and have seen it tonnes.It's probably my third go to comedy when i'm in the mood after My Cousin Vinny and The Burbs.

It's such a weird combo that shouldn't really be anything more than an alright watch but i really do think it is great. DeNiro as a bounty hunter and the dude from Beethoven as a white-collar criminal, it's kinda like Planes, Trains and Automobiles except DeNiro is trying to bring Grodin into the police and things keep going wrong, the mafia and another bounty hunter are after him, etc. Hilarious film.

Casablanca[/b] (truth be told, I am one of the few who is not that big of a fan of the film - I don't know what it is that it never made too much of an impression on me - maybe it is the ending - yeah, I've had issues with the ending ever since I first saw it years ago )

Y Tu Mama Tambien

I'm glad this was nominated because I had a completely false perception of it. I saw it before, long ago, but I never thought it was supposed to be good so I didn't take it seriously, and plus I was still drinking a lot then. I always thought of this movie a bit like Showgirls actually; I had no idea it was so well regarded. It turns out that it's an extremely well made movie with a lot of heart and soul. It's a great road movie with a good sense of humor mixed in with some harsh realities. I liked the three main characters. The boys come off a little as punks at first, but then you can tell they're good kids by how they act towards strangers. I felt for the girl right away. I think it's evil and cruel for a man to cheat on his wife, so just that part of it was powerful for me. It's beautifully filmed as well. It was a nice surprise and an excellent movie.

+

Withnail and I - I remember seing this one a couple years ago and really disliking it. From my memory it was an uninteresting movie about 2 drunks rambling, but my taste has changed since then so I'll give it another shot.

The Grand Budapest Hotel - I saw this one in the theater and I liked it a lot. It's my second favorite from Anderson after The Royal Tenembaums. I own it on Blu ray and give it a rewatch.

Casablanca - I rewatched this one about a month ago and absolutely loved it. I'll write a review tomorrow, it might even be higher then my own pick.

Never Let Me Go - Never heard of this, looking forward to it.

Romper Stomper - Never heard of this film, I don't really like Russell Crowe, but I'll give it a shot

Sanshiro Sugata - I love Kurosawa and I have seen about 15 of his films, that's one I never heard of si I'm looking forward to it.

The City of Lost Children - Never heard of this, it looks good.

Barbara - This film is on netflix, I watched it about 2 years ago and remember liking it quite a bit. It was a very subtle movie that aimed to be realistic and subtle in the way it tells it's story. I don't remember it that well so I'll have to rewatch it.

Hiroshima Mon Amour - One of my all time favorite, beautiful film both beautiful in it's script and its visuals.

The Man From Nowhere - I remember loving this action film, but it's been more then 3 years since I've watch it, I'll borrow it at the library and have some fun.

Y Tu Mama Tambien - I own this on DVD' great film containing one of the hottest MILF i've ever seen.

U-Turn - Never heard of this one!

Joe - I almost watched it during the 70's countdown, but never got to it, it looks good.

Hey Camo, you spelled "with" wrong.
Forgot to say earlier that i didn't realize you were saying Royale was me and i thought i had somehow spelled With wrong in Withnail And I

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
the spanish one lol...the portugese one is a parody right?
No, it's a modern adaptation of the book. It's not a very good movie but has a lot of naked scenes with one of the hottest portuguese actresses, so of course I went to watch it in the cinema when I was like 15

Thanks for the warm welcome Ed,as everyone else has (besides the fact I was accused of being someone's duplicate, LMAO)
And I wrote my review on yours, I'm eager to read what you have write about mine!
Just to sort this out so you aren't eternally confused here . We had a big thing were a member created various alt accounts to play Survivor, so when you first approached me (a regular Survivor player) about getting an av then expressed interest in joining Survivor as soon as you joined it really made it look like you were an alt of mine or someone elses haha. We were joking though it was kind of just a hilariously wrong set of first moves after joining here