Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The LEGO Movie (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=34747)

CaptainYorkshire 02-06-14 10:44 AM

The LEGO Movie

Has anyone been lucky enough to see The Lego Movie yet?

Deadite 02-06-14 11:08 AM

Re: The LEGO Movie

Nope.

M+F Reviews 02-07-14 07:46 PM

Unfortunately not, but apparently it is surprisingly very very good. Doubt I will see until it is on DVD though.

teeter_g 02-07-14 07:48 PM

Not yet, I will though. I doubt I will pay for a theater viewing though.

McConnaughay 02-07-14 10:06 PM

I hope that I am actually going to go see the movie this weekend, looks entertaining enough, and I haven't seen a movie at all this year.

meatwadsprite 02-08-14 02:05 AM

Critics are going ape **** over it.

McConnaughay 02-08-14 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by meatwadsprite (Post 1031637)
Critics are going ape **** over it.
That they are. Evidently, they are already scripting a sequel because of how much of a hit they are expecting it to be.

Mingusings 02-08-14 02:19 AM

Saw it. Very similar to Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (obviously, same directors). I was entertained up until the ending which I thought was cheesy.
-

Xui Wan 02-08-14 03:38 AM

Sent my son and will have to go with him for a second screening as the review was filled with many jumps, giggles and excitement....

CaptainYorkshire 02-11-14 08:25 AM

I've heard amazing things about it! Can't wait to see it on Friday - first year alone on valantines day in ages...I can think of worse ways to spend it! ha

Nausicaä 02-11-14 09:05 AM

It does look rather good actually. I've laughed quite a bit through the trailers and clips. I'm actually excited to see a film based around Lego... :yup::eek:

And I adore the Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs films.

earlsmoviepicks 02-11-14 09:34 AM

Thank god the kids are too old to drag me to the theater for this.

Holden Pike 02-11-14 02:38 PM

Nope, too bad for you, Earl. The LEGO Movie is a fu*kin' blast and a half.

Yoda 02-11-14 02:45 PM

Lemme guess: tons of comedic mileage out of the Batman lego?

Holden Pike 02-11-14 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.movieforums.com/community...1&d=1392152187

Oh, plenty, for sure. With Will Arnett voicing him, how could they not? And when The Millenium Falcon shows up...forget about it! I really don't want to say much about it in detail, because it is just so ridiculously fun and clever and packed full of stuff, and I will definitely see it again, in the theater.

How every person here has not already seen this movie, I don't know? I hadn't even bothered to look at this thread, figuring it was just full of everybody screaming praise. And nobody has even seen it?!?

Swan 02-11-14 05:23 PM

I saw it. Definitely great fun. And the best song.

Holden Pike 02-11-14 05:33 PM

A great, impossibly addictive song!

Sexy Celebrity 02-11-14 05:57 PM

People don't have time for that junk.

honeykid 02-11-14 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 1034970)
How every person here has not already seen this movie, I don't know? I hadn't even bothered to look at this thread, figuring it was just full of everybody screaming praise. And nobody has even seen it?!?
It doesn't come out in the UK until Friday.

I wouldn't stay away from this, but I won't be paying to see it. The LEGO tv shows are watchable, but I wouldn't want to watch three back to back and I've never sat to watch one on purpose. However, I think this is going to appeal to a lot of people and it may well surprise a few who didn't think they'd like it.

Sexy Celebrity 02-11-14 06:33 PM

Maybe if there's a Whoopi Goldberg LEGO.