Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   The Television & Music Forum (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Michael Jackson Is Dead!! (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=19940)

Devils Angel 06-25-09 07:04 PM

Michael Jackson Is Dead!!

RIP Michael Jackson.

Devils Angel 06-25-09 07:06 PM

Re: Michael Jackson Is Dead!!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/Michael-Jackson-Dies-Of-Heart-Attack-After-Being-Rushed-To-Hospital-According-To-TMZ/Article/200906415319936?lpos=Showbiz_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15319936_Michael_Jackson_Dies_Of_Hea rt_Attack_After_Being_Rushed_To_Hospital%2C_According_To_TMZ

TheDOMINATOR 06-25-09 07:06 PM

R.I.P., Michael Jackson.

Outbreak 06-25-09 07:08 PM

I was just watching this on the news.
This thread title is probably not the best, but nevertheless...

RIP MJ

nebbit 06-25-09 07:13 PM

What a shock :eek: Those poor children :( what is there fate :( they have never known a real life :nope: they only had him :yup:

Sexy Celebrity 06-25-09 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by nebbit
:eek: Those poor children :( what is there fate :(
His children will be free to take off the Mardi Gras masks.

Or were you referring to the little boys?

Yoda 06-25-09 07:18 PM

Shame that his life took so many odd and sometimes disturbing turns. From what I've read he never had much of a shot at a normal life.

He was genuinely talented and I quite enjoyed most of the music he put out, and was eagerly awaiting another album, which unfortunately won't ever come.

RIP.

Sexy Celebrity 06-25-09 07:19 PM

OK, Yoda, so is he really dead? Has it been confirmed that the rumor is true?

r3port3r66 06-25-09 07:25 PM

Still hearing he's in a coma...per CNN

r3port3r66 06-25-09 07:27 PM

L.A. Times confirms he IS dead!

r3port3r66 06-25-09 07:32 PM

Uhg! I feel sick. I'm so sad...

Sexy Celebrity 06-25-09 07:38 PM

I'm sad too! I was born in 1983 during the Thriller craze and as a toddler I used to do the Thriller dance and watch that music video nonstop. He was my hero then. I loved Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad, and Dangerous.

Now when I see the Thriller video and he's dancing around as a zombie, it's gonna be even creepier...

He was a legend.

Swan 06-25-09 07:45 PM

RIP, man was a musical legend and I hope the world will remember him for the great music he brought us. I know I will.

downthesun 06-25-09 08:29 PM

A true musical great, the king of pop. His music and legacy will outlive all the controversy that surrounded him. This is the saddest day for music since John Lennon and Freddy Mercury died.

RIP MJ

Powdered Water 06-25-09 08:44 PM

I agree, it trips me out a little how much stuff like this affects me sometimes. I think at times that I'm above feeling things sometimes. And then some random thing will happen and I realize that I am in fact a human being and it affects me deeply.

It saddens me even more that most people today are already labeling him "Freak" and "Child molester" and most people don't even know what the **** they are talking about. They just regurgitate crap that they hear spewed on TV or Radio.

R.I.P. Micheal. You will be missed.

7thson 06-25-09 08:45 PM

A lot of Icons dying recently - :(

RIP Mike, I remember when you came here to the Pensacola Civic Center to rehearse and although I never caught a glimpse of you, I did hear you singing Billy Jean when I delivered pizzas to your crew. You will be missed.

Sexy Celebrity 06-25-09 08:47 PM

That man definitely was a freak and probably a child molester, but he was also a beloved human being and I know I'll miss his wackiness.

Sexy Celebrity 06-25-09 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by 7thson
I did hear you singing Billy Jean when I delivered pizzas to your crew.
I'll sing "Billy Jean" for ya for a pizza!

mark f 06-25-09 08:49 PM

Jackson was an Icon, that's for sure, and I want to make sure that everybody knows that I'm shocked and concerned for his family just as much as I would be for anybody else, famous or not. I also know that these R.I.P. threads are meant to praise and honor the recipients, and I think that's a good thing, but Jackson is a can of worms, and I don't ever remember discussing him at all here, but you guys must have. Maybe somebody can dig up an old thread or tell me if I can start one, because this thread can cover dozens of topics here. I'm not really interested in Gossip or "he did it because somebody said so", but the guy did buy the Beatles catalogue and his physical appearance has probably evolved more than anyone I've ever seen in my life. Now, don't use this thread to discuss that. I've got visitors so don't get too mad at me here. Where should we discuss everything Michael?

Powdered Water 06-25-09 08:54 PM

What's it like down there Mark? Gotta be pretty nuts. From what they're showing on CNN it looks like the masses are already gathering.

EDIT: And I think we should just let everything hang out in this thread. If people want to call him a freak show or Child molester fine. Be prepared to take **** for it though. I plan on defending him so I know I'm ready to deal with it.