Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   N3wt's movie reviews! (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=17476)

n3wt 10-12-08 08:01 AM

N3wt's movie reviews!

I thought it was about time I tried my hand at reviewing, as I watch a lot of movies I will review the last film I have watched.

http://science.kukuchew.com/wp-conte...n-in-black.jpg
Men In Black

Men in black is a movie about this secret agency that monitors alien life forms on earth, and it is a fun film for all the family. I recently watched it with my 3 year old son and he really enjoyed it. There are aliens, guns, a very fast car and comedy. It stars Will Smith as a NYPD cop who gets a job with MIB. It also stars Tommy Lee Jones who is a highly ranked member in MIB, he takes Smith under his wing.

There are some amazing scenes with aliens and MIB alike, I will give this film 5/5 as it is great.

http://www.releaseinfo.net/ri/cover/..._II_Poster.jpg

Men In Black 2

Men in black 2 is a great sequel, it is based a few years after the end of Men in black. It still stars Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones. There are more aliens and the film is based around a shapeshifting Kylothian queen who disguises herself as a lingrie model, and she is after "The Light" which was sent of earth may years ago. I found this another good film but not as good as Men in Black.

Again there are amazing scenes and comedy but IMO it wasnt as good as the first film so 4/5.

http://img.tesco.com/pi/entertainmen...105_DV_L_F.jpg

Halloween Uncut

Halloween Uncut is a remake of the original Halloween film from 1978. Im a massive horror movie fan and I love the original and I also love this remake. It stars Deag Faerch who plays Michael as a boy, and his performance is fantastic. It shows allot of the family problems that Michael has and he is in trouble in school, which leads to him killing his family. He is then placed in a mental hospital, and Dr Sam Loomis (Malcolm Mcdowell) spends the next 15 years trying to help Michael. Needless to say Michael who is now a monstar of a man escapes from the mental instatute and go's home.

I think Rob Zombie done a great job with this re-make and I know me saying that some people will disagree but IMO it is a great movie. I'll give it 5/5

king_of_movies_316 10-12-08 08:19 AM

Re: N3wt's movie reviews!

Halloween is a great film. I saw it twice in one week it is so good.

Pyro Tramp 10-12-08 08:20 AM

Did you not think making Michael trailer trash and giving his background lots unnecessary exposition ruined the character a bit? I've actually grown to like the remake, Zombie does know how to make a decent horror film but can't help feeling it would go from 'good' to 'excellent' if only it was a new horror idea and not anything to do with 'Halloween' or 'Michael Myers'

n3wt 10-12-08 08:32 AM

I loved to fact it showed the history and Michael as a boy, I loved that in the movie. Also the whole hospital scenes was fantastic and the way he kills the janitor I love it, TV through the face haha

Pyro Tramp 10-12-08 08:38 AM

Yeah, his escape i could deal with as it's a direct lead in. But taking away the ambiguity from such an iconic character, especially a character that was MADE from the mystery around him, was a bad move imo. Particularly when it's filtered through Zombie's own preoccupations instead of any attempt retain any loyalty to the source- except for when he almost copied the original exactly in the second half.

n3wt 10-12-08 11:36 AM

I know what you mean, he pretty much did copy the second half of the film but it was still very enjoyable. I have enjoyed R.Zombies films so far, and thought he did a great job on this. I hope he is going to make more films or even do some re-makes of some older films. I think if he made a re-make of psycho that would be amazing as I love the original hate the re-make.

Pyro Tramp 10-12-08 12:17 PM

Yeah.... i would LOVE to see Rob Zombie remake Psycho....

The Prestige 10-12-08 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp (Post 468468)
Did you not think making Michael trailer trash and giving his background lots unnecessary exposition ruined the character a bit? I've actually grown to like the remake, Zombie does know how to make a decent horror film but can't help feeling it would go from 'good' to 'excellent' if only it was a new horror idea and not anything to do with 'Halloween' or 'Michael Myers'

I have to agree. Villains in general are a lot more frightening when you don't really know why or what is it that made them become the way they did. If you give the monstrous figure a reason, then you're basically asking the spectator to sympathise with them where instead you should be doing your very best to make them as frightening as possible. If youThe reinvention of The Joker is a good example of this.

As for the film, I don't really rate the remake that much. I mean, it's not awful, but it did leave me thinking 'so what?'

n3wt 10-14-08 06:32 AM

The Goonies

http://gooniesnvrsaydie.googlepages....s-poster04.jpg

This is a adventure comedy based around a gang of kids who a trying to save the area where they live, so they go off looking for "One eyed Willys" Treasure. There is a family of criminals who are also after the treasure, who are up to no good.

I remember seeing this as a kid and it was just as exiting watching it with my son as it was when I watched it then. He did enjoy it but he got alittle scared when the skelingtons kept popping up evey where.

If you are looking for a family comedy that will keep your adrenalin pumping this is a great film.

4/5

Pedz 10-14-08 07:13 AM

I'd be shocked if someone had a two eyed willy;)

n3wt 10-14-08 09:31 AM

Friday 13th

http://www.smackshopping.com/wp-cont...#37;2013th.jpg

Im a massive fan of the Friday 13th series and this is the film that started it all off. The film is about a group of people doing up "Camp Crystal Lake" which was abandonded due to a child drowning and two strange murders. Then one by one people start to die.

The film has surprisingly great effects for a film from the 80's, seeing a axe in the face or someone being stabbed these days seen flawless but fair play the effects look great.

If you havent seen this, "Where the hell have you been!?" lol any fans of horror/slasher films need to see this as it did set the pace for most of the horrors these days.

As im a huge fan ill give this 5/5.

n3wt 10-14-08 01:11 PM

See No Evil

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ee_no_evil.jpg

I watched this recently and I was very disapointed. It did look good in the trailers but OMG it was terrible. I dont know what I was really hoping for as it is a WWE film, but I thought id give it a go. It is about a psychopath who is living in this abandoned hotel, (Not much imagination there then) and a group of people from jail go in there to clean up and they get killed off one by one.

I found it to be a very bad movie, the only good part was when the killer dies at the end and that wasnt that great anyway.

0/5

n3wt 10-14-08 01:12 PM

I watch allot of films so I will post my reviews in this thread for people to see, I havent done them before so hope they are ok.

Cheers for reading!

Mr. Metro 10-16-08 07:23 AM

Halloween (2007) was awesome. To me it seems more original :yup:

king_of_movies_316 10-16-08 07:50 AM

For some reason i didn't like the orig Friday the 13th. See No Evil was worse though, exept for the end.

n3wt 10-16-08 08:16 AM

My wife is the same, she is not really fussed about the original friday 13th or 2 and 3 as the acting and the effects are not fantastic, but im a massive fan of the series and I grew up watching them. We watched F13th Part 4 last night and she did enjoy it. I new she would enjoy the later movies in the series.

Mr. Metro 10-16-08 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by king_of_movies_316 (Post 469309)
For some reason i didn't like the orig Friday the 13th. See No Evil was worse though, exept for the end.
So No Evil was awful.
Friday the 13th is originally the best horror movie ever :yup:

n3wt 10-16-08 09:29 AM

Out of the 3 WWE films that I have seen The Condemed is clearly the best even thought its not great. But out of the 3 it is the best.

Then The Marine I found to be ok but the reference to Terminator was terrible!

The See No Evil yuk it is sooooooo bad.

honeykid 10-16-08 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by n3wt (Post 469312)
We watched F13th Part 4 last night and she did enjoy it. I new she would enjoy the later movies in the series.
It'd be pretty difficult to like horror film, but not like part 4 though wouldn't it? It's one of the best Friday The 13th films. Have you seen The Burning? One of the many 13th imitators and, maybe, even better than the original 13th.

Daffodil 10-17-08 02:42 AM

I didn't like the original Friday the 13th. It... well, bored me. :rolleyes: :D

king_of_movies_316 10-17-08 04:08 AM

Im not a fan of the old Friday the 13ths but i think they pick up at number 5.

n3wt 10-17-08 08:26 AM

I think no5 is the worest film out of all of them, they basically ripped off friday 13th and Jason. I watched it last night and it sucks even more now. The whole my son got killed so im going to dress up a Jason Voorhees is just pure rubbish.

n3wt 10-17-08 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by honeykid (Post 469479)
It'd be pretty difficult to like horror film, but not like part 4 though wouldn't it? It's one of the best Friday The 13th films. Have you seen The Burning? One of the many 13th imitators and, maybe, even better than the original 13th.

No I havent seen it, I will look out for it and review it later lol ;)

n3wt 10-17-08 11:26 AM

Friday 13th part 4

http://www.filmsy.com/wp-content/upl.../08/Jason4.jpg

Friday 13th part 4 is IMO a awesome film in the series, and even tho its called "The Final Chapter" its not lol

Basically this film continues straight from part 3, It starts off with the paramedics and police cleaning up the aftermath of Jason's rage in the third film. So the dead body of Jason is taken to the local morgue and it is not long untill he is back to his old tricks killing everyone in his path. He makes his way back to Crystal lake where this group of teens have gone for the weekend. This film brings out the charector Tommy Jarvis who is in the next films. Tommy is a small boy in this film and it is not long untill he is face to face with Jason.

I really enjoy this film and rate it 5/5

n3wt 10-17-08 11:38 AM

Friday 13th part 5

http://www.cinemacomrapadura.com.br/...rt5_poster.jpg

I thought this film was abysmal to be honust, this is the worest film in the series IMO.

Basically it is set following Tommy Jarvis who is older now and he is crazy from what happened to him as a bot, with Jason killing his mother. He is moved to a no security place in the country very close to where everything happened as a child. So there is a murder between to of the inmates who live there, and not long after this a killer starts brutally killing everyone who comes into his view.

The actors in this film are so bad I really dont know what the producers were thinking about when these fools were cast.

You dont really get to see any decent deaths as for example if "Jason" stabs someone its off screen, which is very anoying. There is a bad twist at the end which has been really badly greeted by fans who feels decieved and betrayed as the killer isnt even Jason Voorhees!

So IMO this film is bad and if you are a fan of the series im sure you would agree.

Sadly 1/5

n3wt 10-17-08 11:52 AM

If you havent quessed im watching all the Friday 13th movies in order at the mo lol

honeykid 10-17-08 09:54 PM

n3wt, I agree with you about Friday The 13th Part V. It's an awful film and easily the worst of the Friday The 13th series. Even worse than Jason Goes To Manhatten, and that's pretty bloody bad.

king_of_movies_316 10-17-08 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by n3wt (Post 469576)
I think no5 is the worest film out of all of them, they basically ripped off friday 13th and Jason. I watched it last night and it sucks even more now. The whole my son got killed so im going to dress up a Jason Voorhees is just pure rubbish.
Yeah the twist at the end was pretty lame. I think that if it wasn't for the twist it wouldn't have been that bad, it kinda ruins the film though knowing it wasn't Jason at all.

king_of_movies_316 10-17-08 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by n3wt (Post 469613)
If you havent quessed im watching all the Friday 13th movies in order at the mo lol
Im guessing your watching number 6 soon. Thats a good one.

n3wt 10-18-08 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by king_of_movies_316 (Post 469698)
Im guessing your watching number 6 soon. Thats a good one.
LOL watched it last night the review will follow soon.;)

n3wt 10-18-08 07:34 AM

Friday 13th part 6

http://images-cdn01.associatedconten...300_263983.jpg

This is the 6th film in the series and I think one of the best! It starts with Jason Voorhees who is dead and buired in the local graveyard. Tommy Jarvis who has been in psychiatric care since he killed Jason as a child, has the idea that if he diggs up Jason's body he will be able to send him to hell by burning the body. But sadly for him (not us as fans of Jason) he comes back to life and go's on another murderous rampage.

Tommy manages to escape in his car and get to the local sheriffs office, but obviously they dont believe him and lock him up.

Jason moves his murderous ways to Camp Forest Green formally know as Camp Crystal Lake and soon the camp councelors soon meet thier fate. Tommy needs all the help he can get and finds it with the sheriffs daughter, and manage to sort Jason in a new and highly intreging way.

This film has all new ways of seeing people die and it is a very good watch for any horror/slasher fan.

I have loved this film since I first saw it many moons ago so my rating is 5/5

king_of_movies_316 10-19-08 05:43 AM

Jason Lives i think was one of the best in the series. I also think it is one of the most unkown about as well.

n3wt 10-19-08 05:51 AM

It is a fantastic film IMO and unless your a massive fan of the series I dont think people understand how great this film is. Ive spoken to many poeple about the series and the ones that they always talk about is Friday 13th and Jasson X. Which is a shame as if you actually watch the films you get to understand and appreicate the charector of Jason.

king_of_movies_316 10-19-08 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by n3wt (Post 469923)
It is a fantastic film IMO and unless your a massive fan of the series I dont think people understand how great this film is. Ive spoken to many poeple about the series and the ones that they always talk about is Friday 13th and Jasson X. Which is a shame as if you actually watch the films you get to understand and appreicate the charector of Jason.
Yeah true, most people mention Freddy vs Jason when i bring up the topic.

I noticed though, that Jason put on a bit of weight in number 6 lol.

n3wt 10-19-08 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by king_of_movies_316 (Post 469925)
Yeah true, most people mention Freddy vs Jason when i bring up the topic.

I noticed though, that Jason put on a bit of weight in number 6 lol.
lmao yeah ive been watching them pretty much back to back and the difference between the Jason is crazy hahahaha

honeykid 10-19-08 10:34 PM

I love Jason X, but I think that 4 and 6 are my favourites of the series. Jason X is cool and it was great to see the franchise pull out one more good film, but 4 and 6 are proper slasher films and that's my thing.

n3wt 10-20-08 06:38 AM

Jason X is a ok film nothing specail but I do agree with you it was good to see the franchise move into a different area, even if I wasnt that fussed on it. It did have one of the best deaths on it, where Jason woke up and attacked Adrianne and smashed her head when it was frozen lol

n3wt 10-20-08 07:29 AM

Friday 13th part 7

http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/333...9236758_rs.jpg

Friday 13th part 7 is again a great movie! To sum this movie up I'd say it was "Carrie meets Jason Vorrhees!" Basically Jason is woken up from his watery grave and released by a her telekanetic powers that she is trying to understand and cope with. As she caused her fathers death when she was a young girl she is under the psychiatric care of a dr who is using her rather than getting her better. Things get worse for Tina as she is seeing Jason kill people before he does and there is no one who believes her. The death tole increase's and then it becomes a war between Tina with her mind and Jason with his lust for killing.

IMO this is a great film and it is up there with the best in the series, Id rate this film 4/5

n3wt 10-20-08 07:43 AM

Very Bad Things

http://tf.org/images/covers/VeryBadThings.jpg

This is a black comedy about a bachelor weekend in Las Vagas that go's terribly wrong. The night involves Drink, Gambling, Drugs and a stripper. It all go's wrong when Kyle's friend has sex with the stripper and she accidentally dies. So the 5 guys are left with a 105 pound problem! As if that isnt bad enough a security guard comes to see what the commosion was about and he finds the body, then one of the friends has the bright idea to silence him. Then they have to get rid of the bodys. The friends decide to bury the bodys in the desert and the insane story go's from there. The friends try to go back to thier lives buy guilt and paranoier gets the better of them, as they end up dieing or getting injured trying to live with the cover up.

This is a funny comedy with violence and dead bodys. My rating is 4/5

king_of_movies_316 10-20-08 07:50 AM

For some reason i didn't like 7. I think it was to supernautral for me.

n3wt 10-20-08 08:11 AM

The first time I saw it was strange to see Supernatural stuff in a friday 13th but it is a very good film and now I know that there is the supernatural happenings init it is a better film and thats why I rated it highly. Dude you should give it ago agian and see if your views change towards it.

n3wt 11-22-08 11:54 AM

I will be adding new reviews soon!

Keep posted...

king_of_movies_316 11-22-08 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by n3wt (Post 477394)
I will be adding new reviews soon!

Keep posted...
hey you are back

n3wt 12-08-08 10:26 PM

Four Brothers

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie-gal...rsPoster~0.jpg

I watched this for the first time recently and loved it, basically it is a in your face crime story about four adoptive brothers, who are brought back together because thier adoptive mother falls victim of a store robbery and gets murdered.

It stars Mark Wahlberg, Tyrese Gibson, Andre 3000 Benjamin and Garret Hedlund.

The film is set in the streets of Detroit where everyone has a gun on them and the cops are either bent or just have no way of controlling what happens.

Growing up the brothers were the bad kids who no one would adopt untill one woman saw through the bad and manage to turn them around, well at least together and in the house. But outside they were still bad. So the story basically resolves around the four hunting down the kiler using any means nessersary. As the plot thickens you see the bond between the brothers getting stronger even though it was unbreakable to begin with.

Theres allot more to the story than meets the eye as there always is in films like this, as the story unfolds you really want the good guys (I use the term lightly) to come out on top.

It is a great film it has lots of guns and a awesome car chase, no to mention the action and fights. Its definatly worth a look and I do say you'll like it.

My rating for this is - 4/5

TheDOMINATOR 12-08-08 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by n3wt (Post 470141)
Friday 13th part 7

http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/333...9236758_rs.jpg

Friday 13th part 7 is again a great movie! To sum this movie up I'd say it was "Carrie meets Jason Vorrhees!" Basically Jason is woken up from his watery grave and released by a her telekanetic powers that she is trying to understand and cope with. As she caused her fathers death when she was a young girl she is under the psychiatric care of a dr who is using her rather than getting her better. Things get worse for Tina as she is seeing Jason kill people before he does and there is no one who believes her. The death tole increase's and then it becomes a war between Tina with her mind and Jason with his lust for killing.

IMO this is a great film and it is up there with the best in the series, Id rate this film 4/5
Part VII is my favorite of the series. Very good review, N3wt. I like (and share) your enthusiasm for the Friday the 13th series.

n3wt 12-09-08 07:42 AM

I love the Friday 13th series and im looking forward to seeing the new film. It is definatly the best horror series out, but a close 2nd is Nightmare on Elm Street.

TheDOMINATOR 12-09-08 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by n3wt (Post 481740)
I love the Friday 13th series and im looking forward to seeing the new film. It is definatly the best horror series out, but a close 2nd is Nightmare on Elm Street.
Agreed. Heh, and I'm extremely looking forward to the Friday the 13 remake as well; Odette Yustman is going to be part of the cast, and she's probably one of my favorite actresses. I hope she doesn't play a small, five-minute-screentime part where she gets killed right away. But either way, I really can't wait. :cool:

n3wt 12-09-08 07:45 PM

Vantage Point

http://www.advertlets.com/images/van...advertlets.jpg

Here is my review of Vantage Point.

This thriller is based around 8 people with 8 different views of the American President getting assasinated in a Spanish town called Salamanca, and the terrorist attack gets worse when there is a bomb ripping through the crowd of panicing people.

The cast for this movie are as follows Dennis Quaid, Mathew Fox, Forest Whitaker and Sigorney Weaver.

The only gripe I had with the film is that it had a "Groundhog Day" feel to it, as with every time it went to a different person's view it went back to 11:59am. Then continued to start the story again with someone else's story, after the 3rd or 4th time it started to wear thin.

What makes this film great IMO is that once it gets past the time jumps and starts to combine the storys of everyone it gets into a really good film. I found it great when the story came to a climatic end and you dont see it all coming.

I will rate this 3/5 as it is great but its not amazing, but well worth a watch.

MovieMan8877445 12-09-08 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by n3wt (Post 481653)
Four Brothers

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie-gal...rsPoster~0.jpg

I watched this for the first time recently and loved it, basically it is a in your face crime story about four adoptive brothers, who are brought back together because thier adoptive mother falls victim of a store robbery and gets murdered.

It stars Mark Wahlberg, Tyrese Gibson, Andre 3000 Benjamin and Garret Hedlund.

The film is set in the streets of Detroit where everyone has a gun on them and the cops are either bent or just have no way of controlling what happens.

Growing up the brothers were the bad kids who no one would adopt untill one woman saw through the bad and manage to turn them around, well at least together and in the house. But outside they were still bad. So the story basically resolves around the four hunting down the kiler using any means nessersary. As the plot thickens you see the bond between the brothers getting stronger even though it was unbreakable to begin with.

Theres allot more to the story than meets the eye as there always is in films like this, as the story unfolds you really want the good guys (I use the term lightly) to come out on top.

It is a great film it has lots of guns and a awesome car chase, no to mention the action and fights. Its definatly worth a look and I do say you'll like it.

My rating for this is - 4/5
Great review, I absolutely loved Four Brothers. It's pretty high on my favorites list, I think it's really underrated. I thought I was like the only one on here that liked it, glad to see someone loves it too.

n3wt 12-10-08 07:20 AM

Four Brothers is a awesome film and it is very underrated ot many people I know have seen it and ive recommended it to them and they are hyped about it from what ive said.

n3wt 12-14-08 01:14 PM

Wanted

Wanted is based on the Graphic Novel series by Mark Miller. It tells the tale of Wesley Gibson (James McAvoy) who is a nobody who works in a dead end job that he hates and he has a complete nightmare for a manager.He had a real bad relationship with his girlfriend and he was suffering from panic attacks.

On his daily trip to the drug store to get his meds, he meets up with this mysterious woman named Fox(Angelina Jolie) who starts talking to him straight away, then without an time chatting someone is trying to kill them both. So Wes is thrown straight in he deep end not knowing what to do apart from go with Fox.

He finds out that his estranged father is dead and Fox recruits Wes into the Fraternity where they train him to unlock his lightening fast reflexes and the amazing skill of bending bullets. As the training go's on he learns that the Franternity lives by a unbreakable code and they receive death orders from Fate and they must go on these missions killing the people who are on the list.

Slowly Wes starts to realise there are more to his new alies than he first thought.

This film also stars Morgan Freeman who is always great what ever he turns his hands to.

If you liked The Matrix and Fight Club your going to love tis film as it is a mix of both films.

I really enjoyed this film, I loved the visual effets and the story is awesome.

Im Rating this 4/5

n3wt 12-19-08 02:07 PM

Ironman

Ironman is the latest movie adaptation from Marvel and it stars Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark who is a multi-millionaire weapons developer. Stark go's to the middle east on a weapons demonstration it all go's well untill on the way back he gets attacked and captured by terrorists. He is taken to an underground cave where he is threatened with death if he doesnt make a high powered missile for them.

Stark being a genious instead of making the missile makes a metal suit which he uses to escape the cave causeing as much damage as possible. When he gets back to America he is a completely changed man, he no longer wants to sell weapons he makes a new suit and wants to use the technology for good.

However his buisness partner Obadier Stane (Jeff Bridges) doesnt seem as happy with the idea of not making weapons he seems to have other ideas.

IMO this is the best comic to movie movie so far out of all the films. I enjoyed every asspect of this film, from the CGI to the actors cast. Normally I would find at least a few things wrong with the charector, actor or even the way the director films fight scenes, but fairplay there isnt anything wrong with the whole film at all. I love the detail in the very realistic effects in all 3 stages of the suit themselves and the final suit is amazing. Just seeing it all attach to Stark is awesome.

My overall rating for this film is 5/5

Im hyped about the sequel im hoping it will be at just as great standard.

TheDOMINATOR 12-19-08 05:21 PM

Very nice reviews, sir. I feel the same way on most/all of your points concerning Wanted; I also gave it an 8/10 (4/5).

n3wt 12-30-08 07:24 PM

One Missed Call
(Possible Spoilers)

http://www.iconsoffright.com/news/missedcall.jpg

When I bought this movie recently it sounded good and my mates have been saying how awesome the Japanise version is so I thought "Cool another Ring type movie" and when it started I was chuffed because the way the first girl died by being dragged under the water was great. Then her cat we I thought it was going to be a great horror but why did it have to end so badly?

Through out the film there was these evil ghost like creature/people popping up and it seemed it was heading somewhere and everything pointed to an abusive mother of two young daughters. Well anyone could see that it was going to be one of the daughters who was actually bad.

I have read reviews on both versions and I must say (Yet again) the Japanise version sounds better, not only the whole film and the story but the ending seems much better. Well to be honoust any ending would of been better than seeing the dead mothers ghost come and stop the bad daughter from harming the main charector then walking away and disappearing, just as the phone in the guys hand starts to dial out someone else's number. Then the main charector just stare at the camera and wonder out the door... I mean WTF ive seen scooby doo cartoons with a better ending than this pile of poop.

IMO this movie wasnt worth the bother, the first scene was cool but went down hill from there and the ending had me standing hurling abuse at the screen. By all means watch this movie but you will be massivly disapointed.

1/5

honeykid 12-30-08 09:47 PM

The Japanese version screens on Film4 sometimes N3wt.

n3wt 12-30-08 09:51 PM

Awesome thats good to know cheers I'll keep an eye out.

n3wt 02-13-09 10:19 AM

The Happening

http://rikaty.files.wordpress.com/20...e_poster31.jpg

We recently watched The Happening well what can I say about this film...

Firstly WTF, Where was the story? It was worse than watching Alann
Titchmarsh in Gardeners World talking about plants and flowers WAIT THERE thats all they f***ing did talk about.

Waste of time and money, did M. Knight Shalybaba have a budget of $100 as the acting was terrible, IMO the best actor in it was mower that drove in a circle and run over that guy.

When they were talking about terrorist attack my heart was pounding but then back to plants and good old mr slap in the face was back. This is a BAD film and left me wanting it to start basically it is one long advert for a Garden Centre.

Im a fan of Mark Wahlberg and fairplay he made a Idiot of himself in this, he talked like a nancy and I just wanted to grab him, slap him and shout "Your better than this Mark!!!"

I was so disappointed with this movie, I was expecting a massive twist or at least something but NOTHING happened the entire film.

A very disapointing film - 1/5 and the one is for the few deaths that I thought were good. :mad:

Lennon 02-15-09 09:43 PM

+ rep just for saying Shalybaba. :D

honeykid 02-15-09 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by n3wt (Post 500902)
Waste of time and money, did M. Knight Shalybaba have a budget of $100 as the acting was terrible, IMO the best actor in it was mower that drove in a circle and run over that guy.
The budget for The Happening was $48m.

Personally I liked the film, but that's not a suprise because:

1. I like bad films and this was B-A-D
2. I often like the films others don't
3. The only other films that "Shalybaba" has made that were any good at all are The Sixth Sense and the awesome Unbreakable, so I wasn't hyped for this film at all. I wanted to see it, but I knew it'd be bad.

n3wt 02-15-09 10:32 PM

I loved the Sixth Sense and Unbreakable they are great movie's and just going on those I thought this would be another great film.

I also found the trailer better than this movie, it happens allot which is very annoying.

Ive read lots of people's post's about this film (I stay away from spoiler's as much as I can) and it did have a mixed reception as well as my friends it's had more bad comments than good. So I did my usual thing of wait and see and pick it up for cheap then watch it, well I wish I hadnt it is a very bad movie, I wasnt impressed with anything in the film. It is a waste of time seeing it IMO.

The_Sipi 02-22-09 09:03 PM

I think the idea of The Happening was good and I remember for liking half of it. At the second half of the film it became quite predictable and that's why also a little boring. Definitely not best of Shyamalan's movies. I think I gave 3/5 for this.

n3wt 04-06-10 05:10 PM

Zombieland

This is my first review in a very long time hope I dont disappoint y'all with it :)

Zombieland is a fantastic comedy it stars Woody Harrelson as a crazy red neck called Talahasee who is a great charactor who likes nothing more than to kill as many zombies as he can with a number of different weapons. It also stars Jesse Eisenberg who is a typical geeky kid named Columbus who has a very unique way of keeping alive through the world around him. He has devised a list that will keep him alive and some of the steps on the list are hilarious. Through the film they meet up with these two sisters called Wichita (Emma Stone) and Little Rock (Abigail Breslin) and as they are traveling to a very unlikely place they end up traveling together and they have a very unique troublesome ride.

I thought the film was hilarious from start to finish and the actor choices were spot on. The Film is very funny and has great gorey scenes and they were done well and looked so realistic. The mixture of humor and zombies is supurb this movie is just as good or even better than Shaun of The Dead. I found this film one of the best comedies of the year as IMO so far The Hangover is the best comedy of the year.

Not only was there a funny story and funny charactors there was a journey between all four charctors that bring them together as a family unit with hilarious outcomes.

This film will satisfy the horror fans among us and the fans of comedy movies. It mixes the two genres together as one perfectly, and sometimes the deaths of the zombies are fantastic.

After watching this movie you will be putting your insides back in as it is so funny and I recommend this to everyone and my rating for this is,

n3wt 05-10-10 08:25 AM

I have just seen this film and I really enjoyed it, the visuals were great and the story was very interesting. The only problem I had with it was Lucas Black (Jeep) I really am not a fan of this guy at all :nope: He annoys me, I dont know what it is about him but he just seems so stale and unmotivated in the films I have seen him in.

I liked the whole story of God losing faith in mankind and sending his army of angels to wipeout mankind and then a lone angel named Michael disobeys God and comes to help protect mankind. This is a very cool apocalyptic horror movie which stars quite a good cast including Dennis Quaid who IMO is top notch in this movie :yup:

My rating is

n3wt 05-27-10 09:24 AM

The Losers

I have to say The Losers is nearly The Winners if you ask me. I have just watched it and thought the movie was very cool but there I have a few problems with it but as a comedy action flick it does deliver IMO. I think the whole formual of the film has been done before, but this film does indeed make a good watch and when it comes out on dvd I will buy it for another viewing :yup:

WARNING: "The Problem I have..." spoilers below
is firstly the movie finished without actually killing the bad guy so that means either he got away with it or there is going to be a sequel which more than likly will suck as most sequels to movies like this (if they get made that is) always tend to suck big time. I dont know if there was/is to be a sequel will they be able to make it work? I think not if im honust.

Secondly the movie was predictable in most places as I have said they follow the same formula as most films in this genre which is, a team gets double crossed, comes back for revenge, someone they recruit ends up being something to do with the enemy, one thier own team gets bought out and then dies.

I give this movie,

as it is a cool action film and has some very funny times in the film.

n3wt 03-05-12 06:33 AM

I posted this in the "What was the last DVD you watched" thread and thought I could pop it in my review thread, then maybe start reviewing again :)

As I enjoyed 30 Days of Night, its a pretty decent Vampire movie (which is pretty rare these days) I picked up the sequel last night 30 Days of Night: Dark Days. For the sequel I will give it 5 :facepalm: out of 5, terrible. I watched them both back to back and really, they are like two completely different films the 2nd doesnt stay true to the first film at all and the acting and locations were just awfull. After looking online I see that it was straight to DVD and I can see why. Sometimes blind buying pays off but this really was a BAD choice on my part and for that I bow my head in shame.

n3wt 07-01-13 06:40 PM

Evil Dead

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/8045...ead-review.jpg

Tonight we watched Evil Dead (the new one) All I can say is that I loved it, loved it, loved it! I love the original 3 Evil Dead films and this film having nothing to do with 'Ash' and the original films I was worried about it, but I thought it was awesome! The blood (of which it comes in the bucket load) and the gore not to mention the storyline which I really liked. The sister needing to go to an abandoned cabin to detox and when things start happening to her in the woods her friends not believing her etc. Then of course theres the guy who finds a 'witchcraft' book (necronomicon) which has 'DO NOT READ' all the way through and not taking any notice of this messed up book and the warnings, not to mention it was wrapped in barbed wire he reads a passage and it unleashes hell.

I was also happy to see Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell were producers in this film. If your a true horror fan, this is a must see for you!

JoeHorrorFanatic 07-01-13 07:49 PM

I didn't know there was someone other than myself who loved that movie :D

cricket 07-01-13 11:55 PM

One of the rare remakes I'm looking forward to seeing.

n3wt 07-02-13 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by JoeHorrorFanatic (Post 919158)
I didn't know there was someone other than myself who loved that movie :D
:highfive: Loved every minute of it and im looking forward to watching it again :yup:
Originally Posted by cricket (Post 919269)
One of the rare remakes I'm looking forward to seeing.
I highly recommend you see it mate! Its awesome!!

edarsenal 07-02-13 11:13 PM

enjoyed the reviews for zombieland, legion and losers, having seen them and enjoyed them all, and yes, losers was a bit predictable, following the formula of getting screwed and coming back with a vengeance.

I've been on the fence about the evil dead remake, and i'm a big fan of the evil dead movies and i didn't know rami and campbell produced it, i just may have to check it out
thanks for the reviews!!

n3wt 07-03-13 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by edarsenal (Post 919660)
enjoyed the reviews for zombieland, legion and losers, having seen them and enjoyed them all, and yes, losers was a bit predictable, following the formula of getting screwed and coming back with a vengeance.

I've been on the fence about the evil dead remake, and i'm a big fan of the evil dead movies and i didn't know rami and campbell produced it, i just may have to check it out
thanks for the reviews!!
Thankyou for reading them :up: Im glad you liked :yup:

Thanks for your feedback much appriciated! :)

I rewatched Evil Dead last night and its just as good on second viewing :yup:

n3wt 07-04-13 09:08 AM

Nine Dead

~Spoilers Ahead~

I watched Nine Dead last night, we put it on Netflix as just something to watch. Basically its about a masked man who in the opening 5 minutes kidnaps 9 people and then the 9 wake up handcuffed to posts and hooded in a room. They then have to figure out the connection between them all before the masked guy comes back in to the room. He tells them he will be coming back in every 10minutes to kill one of them unless they find out why they are there. So through the film they manage to finally figure out the connection and apparently the masked guy will let them go and tell the police everything he has done. Doesnt go according to plan as one of the remaining people held hostage doesnt want her secret to come out so she then kills the remaining people in the room as well as the now un-masked killer. Even though the whole thing was being recorded and she was told this she still killed them and ran out of the room and she in her high heels clip clop out of the room just before the police come in, she then turns a corner and thats it... end credits... What sort of rubbish ending is this? It annoyed me. I dont know why the ending was stopped so abruptly did they not have enough cash to film anymore? Or was this the directors choice to end it there. I have read that the film was filmed in sequence so that was literally the last thing he/she filmed... I dont know, it just seems a VERY weak ending to a weak film.

I didnt have high hopes for this film from the start but as the people were being killed every 10minutes and they were piecing together what happened I was getting more into the film.

Its not a film I will ever watch again.

n3wt 07-09-13 09:37 AM

Doghouse

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-_Doghouse.jpg

Couldnt sleep last night so thought I'd find a film on Netflix that would hopefully help me drop off, this wasnt the case. I watched 'Doghouse' I have seen this film for sale many times and havent picked it up due to Danny Dyer was in it and I think he is a complete arse. So started to watch it I was very surprised, it was a type of zombie comedy that had me laughing quite alot.

The basic premise of the film is a group of old friends are leaving their girlfrieds/wifes behind while they go on a boys weekend to cheers their mate up who is going through a divorce. So they plan to go to one of the groups grans house as she is away. The house is set in the middle of nowhere so they get in a bus and travel there. Once they arrive there they dont even notice the odd body part on the floor or the bloody handprints, all they want to do is get to the pub. In typical British fashion :cool: Then it all kicks off when one of the group goes to get into his grans house only to find a zombie like woman eating a corpse in the garden, then she picks up her trusty axe and runs at him screaming and he legs it. Then the madness begins.

As I have said im not the worlds biggest Danny Dyer fan but he was bearable in this. There are some other good actors in the film, such as Noel Clarke and Stephen Graham.

I would recommend this to any horror/comedy fan as there is some hilarious parts and some of the comedic wit is what makes the film.

weeman 07-09-13 10:00 AM

Doghouse is a
edging towards a
for me. I liked it a heck of a lot more than I thought I would (because, Danny Dyer) but just a decent zombie film in an age of zombie films :p

LP Quagmire 07-09-13 10:35 AM

Nice av, weeman!

Masterman 07-09-13 10:39 AM

I don't mind Danny Dyer, I enjoyed The Business and Football Factory.

Deadite 07-09-13 12:15 PM

Doghouse is a nifty little horror-comedy. Thoroughly above-average B-movie.

As for the Evil Dead remake... it was better than I expected. Not crazy for it but I can definitely live with it.

n3wt 07-09-13 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Deadite (Post 922201)
Doghouse is a nifty little horror-comedy. Thoroughly above-average B-movie.

As for the Evil Dead remake... it was better than I expected. Not crazy for it but I can definitely live with it.
My mate feels the same exact way as you regarding Evil Dead, he enjoyed it and is happy with it. I do think they missed a perfect opportunity to play Slayer - Raining Blood at the end :D If that song kicked in I would of loved it :laugh:

JayDee 07-09-13 03:44 PM

Wow didn't realise you had a reviews thread running n3wt. Can't really comment on many of your recent reviews as not seen any of them. I loved Zombieland however.

JoeHorrorFanatic 07-09-13 05:37 PM

I just remembered that Doghouse is on a zombie 4-film set that I picked up a while back. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this now.

n3wt 07-31-13 07:42 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...12_film%29.jpg

I watched 'Maniac' tonight and really enjoyed it. I thought Elijah Wood was great in it, he played the psychotic character brilliantly well. Its also a very suspenseful gory film. Some of the deaths were just gruesome. A film doesnt have to be over the top with the amount of gore or elaborate deaths like in some other horror/gore films. Sometimes its the simplicity of a man with a knife that is the most scary. I loved everything about this film, from the first person perspective right down to the music. This is going to become a cult classic and rightly so IMO. If you like 'Psycho' like films where the main character is fighting demons and savagely killing people, this film is for you. I highly recommend it.

Deadite 07-31-13 08:04 PM

Been meaning to check this out.

n3wt 07-31-13 08:17 PM

Highly recommend you see it :yup: Its awesome.

honeykid 07-31-13 08:26 PM

Have you seen the original?

n3wt 08-01-13 08:47 AM

:nope: Surprisingly I havent :facepalm: Ive heard its good.

honeykid 08-01-13 06:53 PM

That's not a surprise, n3wt. :p:D

cricket 08-01-13 11:59 PM

The original is quite good but the new one looks like one of the rare remakes that looks like it could be better. I'm looking forward to it.

n3wt 08-02-13 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by honeykid (Post 932904)
That's not a surprise, n3wt. :p:D
:laugh:
Originally Posted by cricket (Post 933147)
The original is quite good but the new one looks like one of the rare remakes that looks like it could be better. I'm looking forward to it.
I havent seen the original but this is an awesome film, definitely check it out mate :up: