N3wt's movie reviews!

→ in
Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I thought it was about time I tried my hand at reviewing, as I watch a lot of movies I will review the last film I have watched.

Men In Black

Men in black is a movie about this secret agency that monitors alien life forms on earth, and it is a fun film for all the family. I recently watched it with my 3 year old son and he really enjoyed it. There are aliens, guns, a very fast car and comedy. It stars Will Smith as a NYPD cop who gets a job with MIB. It also stars Tommy Lee Jones who is a highly ranked member in MIB, he takes Smith under his wing.

There are some amazing scenes with aliens and MIB alike, I will give this film 5/5 as it is great.

Men In Black 2

Men in black 2 is a great sequel, it is based a few years after the end of Men in black. It still stars Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones. There are more aliens and the film is based around a shapeshifting Kylothian queen who disguises herself as a lingrie model, and she is after "The Light" which was sent of earth may years ago. I found this another good film but not as good as Men in Black.

Again there are amazing scenes and comedy but IMO it wasnt as good as the first film so 4/5.

Halloween Uncut

Halloween Uncut is a remake of the original Halloween film from 1978. Im a massive horror movie fan and I love the original and I also love this remake. It stars Deag Faerch who plays Michael as a boy, and his performance is fantastic. It shows allot of the family problems that Michael has and he is in trouble in school, which leads to him killing his family. He is then placed in a mental hospital, and Dr Sam Loomis (Malcolm Mcdowell) spends the next 15 years trying to help Michael. Needless to say Michael who is now a monstar of a man escapes from the mental instatute and go's home.

I think Rob Zombie done a great job with this re-make and I know me saying that some people will disagree but IMO it is a great movie. I'll give it 5/5

Did you not think making Michael trailer trash and giving his background lots unnecessary exposition ruined the character a bit? I've actually grown to like the remake, Zombie does know how to make a decent horror film but can't help feeling it would go from 'good' to 'excellent' if only it was a new horror idea and not anything to do with 'Halloween' or 'Michael Myers'

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I loved to fact it showed the history and Michael as a boy, I loved that in the movie. Also the whole hospital scenes was fantastic and the way he kills the janitor I love it, TV through the face haha

Yeah, his escape i could deal with as it's a direct lead in. But taking away the ambiguity from such an iconic character, especially a character that was MADE from the mystery around him, was a bad move imo. Particularly when it's filtered through Zombie's own preoccupations instead of any attempt retain any loyalty to the source- except for when he almost copied the original exactly in the second half.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I know what you mean, he pretty much did copy the second half of the film but it was still very enjoyable. I have enjoyed R.Zombies films so far, and thought he did a great job on this. I hope he is going to make more films or even do some re-makes of some older films. I think if he made a re-make of psycho that would be amazing as I love the original hate the re-make.

Did you not think making Michael trailer trash and giving his background lots unnecessary exposition ruined the character a bit? I've actually grown to like the remake, Zombie does know how to make a decent horror film but can't help feeling it would go from 'good' to 'excellent' if only it was a new horror idea and not anything to do with 'Halloween' or 'Michael Myers'

I have to agree. Villains in general are a lot more frightening when you don't really know why or what is it that made them become the way they did. If you give the monstrous figure a reason, then you're basically asking the spectator to sympathise with them where instead you should be doing your very best to make them as frightening as possible. If youThe reinvention of The Joker is a good example of this.

As for the film, I don't really rate the remake that much. I mean, it's not awful, but it did leave me thinking 'so what?'

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
The Goonies

This is a adventure comedy based around a gang of kids who a trying to save the area where they live, so they go off looking for "One eyed Willys" Treasure. There is a family of criminals who are also after the treasure, who are up to no good.

I remember seeing this as a kid and it was just as exiting watching it with my son as it was when I watched it then. He did enjoy it but he got alittle scared when the skelingtons kept popping up evey where.

If you are looking for a family comedy that will keep your adrenalin pumping this is a great film.

4/5

I'd be shocked if someone had a two eyed willy

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Friday 13th

Im a massive fan of the Friday 13th series and this is the film that started it all off. The film is about a group of people doing up "Camp Crystal Lake" which was abandonded due to a child drowning and two strange murders. Then one by one people start to die.

The film has surprisingly great effects for a film from the 80's, seeing a axe in the face or someone being stabbed these days seen flawless but fair play the effects look great.

If you havent seen this, "Where the hell have you been!?" lol any fans of horror/slasher films need to see this as it did set the pace for most of the horrors these days.

As im a huge fan ill give this 5/5.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
See No Evil

I watched this recently and I was very disapointed. It did look good in the trailers but OMG it was terrible. I dont know what I was really hoping for as it is a WWE film, but I thought id give it a go. It is about a psychopath who is living in this abandoned hotel, (Not much imagination there then) and a group of people from jail go in there to clean up and they get killed off one by one.

I found it to be a very bad movie, the only good part was when the killer dies at the end and that wasnt that great anyway.

0/5

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I watch allot of films so I will post my reviews in this thread for people to see, I havent done them before so hope they are ok.

Cheers for reading!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
My wife is the same, she is not really fussed about the original friday 13th or 2 and 3 as the acting and the effects are not fantastic, but im a massive fan of the series and I grew up watching them. We watched F13th Part 4 last night and she did enjoy it. I new she would enjoy the later movies in the series.

For some reason i didn't like the orig Friday the 13th. See No Evil was worse though, exept for the end.
So No Evil was awful.
Friday the 13th is originally the best horror movie ever

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Out of the 3 WWE films that I have seen The Condemed is clearly the best even thought its not great. But out of the 3 it is the best.

Then The Marine I found to be ok but the reference to Terminator was terrible!

The See No Evil yuk it is sooooooo bad.

We watched F13th Part 4 last night and she did enjoy it. I new she would enjoy the later movies in the series.
It'd be pretty difficult to like horror film, but not like part 4 though wouldn't it? It's one of the best Friday The 13th films. Have you seen The Burning? One of the many 13th imitators and, maybe, even better than the original 13th.

Registered Creature
I didn't like the original Friday the 13th. It... well, bored me.