Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Is Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings) directing a new King Kong Movie? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=5069)

MovieMaker5087 08-19-03 04:46 PM

Is Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings) directing a new King Kong Movie?

Hi. I heard from my brother while he was watching E! that Peter Jackson is directing a new King Kong movie that is scheduled to come out in November 2005. My friend, who's also a big Lord of the Rings fan, also said that this was true. Is it? If so, the movie will either be highly entertaining or blow just like the "Hulk" did.

sisboombah 08-19-03 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
Hi. I heard from my brother while he was watching E! that Peter Jackson is directing a new King Kong movie that is scheduled to come out in November 2005. My friend, who's also a big Lord of the Rings fan, also said that this was true. Is it? If so, the movie will either be highly entertaining or blow just like the "Hulk" did.

i think its true ive been reading in film magazines for months now that peter jackson wants to do king kong. dont know if it will be good though.

Hondo333 08-21-03 05:25 AM

I think this movie is either going to be really good or really bad. I Hope he use's a 1920's newyork setting and keeps a similar story to the original. i dont want another Godzilla (1998). :(

King Kyran 08-26-03 05:42 AM

if its anything like his other films it will be crazy (in a good way)

video_gurl 08-26-03 05:53 AM

Yeah, rumour has it he's bein paid a cool $34 million US for his expertise :D

Revenant 08-26-03 11:23 AM

I just hope it doesn't turn out to be anything remotely like 'Meet the Feebles', That was gross beyond belief, and which has scarred my tender mind for all eternity.

King Kong will certainly be a big task for Jackson but if he can produce the likes of the LOTR films then he can do anything.

Henry The Kid 08-28-03 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Revenant
I just hope it doesn't turn out to be anything remotely like 'Meet the Feebles', That was gross beyond belief, and which has scarred my tender mind for all eternity.

Meet the Feebles is one f the most entertaining movies I have ever seen. LOTR is all well and good, but I will always remain a bigger fan of early Peter Jackson. Dead Alive is the epitome of camp...done right.

TheOne 09-01-03 11:56 PM

Kong thinks so

Well star out i wrote a little article on one the next films on ppeter jackson list and which one was the Hobbit . Than a user named KOng repled saying that king kong is going to be the next film well if any wants tooo know about the hobbit movie check out the next thing for peter jackson
;D

MovieMaker5087 12-14-05 07:06 PM

My first post here on MoFo. Well, I think we all know where this post led to, and the only thing that was wrong with my post was that I thought it was coming out in November. Oh well. All n00bs make mistakes at first, right?

Anywho, tonight's the night where me, Uncle Rico, pops and brother (the same one who told me about this film to begin with) is going to go see, what looks to me, to be a beautiful film. Let's hope it works.

Still postin' after these few years.

:)

SamsoniteDelilah 12-14-05 07:11 PM

:) Glad you stuck around to find out if it all happened the way you thought, MovieM. ;) Enjoy! I want to see this soon, too, but starting to pack the calendar with stuff.