Is Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings) directing a new King Kong Movie?

Tools    

How do you think a new King Kong Movie would be?
37.50%
6 votes
It'll climb the Empire State Building because it'll be so good.
56.25%
9 votes
This should be interesting...
6.25%
1 votes
Can't climb the Twin Towers, so it won't climb into my wallet to dish out $7 bucks.
0%
0 votes
If I've seen the Hulk, I've seen this film already.
16 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Hi. I heard from my brother while he was watching E! that Peter Jackson is directing a new King Kong movie that is scheduled to come out in November 2005. My friend, who's also a big Lord of the Rings fan, also said that this was true. Is it? If so, the movie will either be highly entertaining or blow just like the "Hulk" did.

Enemies are so stimulating.
Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
Hi. I heard from my brother while he was watching E! that Peter Jackson is directing a new King Kong movie that is scheduled to come out in November 2005. My friend, who's also a big Lord of the Rings fan, also said that this was true. Is it? If so, the movie will either be highly entertaining or blow just like the "Hulk" did.

i think its true ive been reading in film magazines for months now that peter jackson wants to do king kong. dont know if it will be good though.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

I must become Caligari..!
I think this movie is either going to be really good or really bad. I Hope he use's a 1920's newyork setting and keeps a similar story to the original. i dont want another Godzilla (1998).
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Corrupter of the Peace
if its anything like his other films it will be crazy (in a good way)

Yeah, rumour has it he's bein paid a cool $34 million US for his expertise

I just hope it doesn't turn out to be anything remotely like 'Meet the Feebles', That was gross beyond belief, and which has scarred my tender mind for all eternity.

King Kong will certainly be a big task for Jackson but if he can produce the likes of the LOTR films then he can do anything.

Originally Posted by Revenant
I just hope it doesn't turn out to be anything remotely like 'Meet the Feebles', That was gross beyond belief, and which has scarred my tender mind for all eternity.

Meet the Feebles is one f the most entertaining movies I have ever seen. LOTR is all well and good, but I will always remain a bigger fan of early Peter Jackson. Dead Alive is the epitome of camp...done right.

BANNED
Well star out i wrote a little article on one the next films on ppeter jackson list and which one was the Hobbit . Than a user named KOng repled saying that king kong is going to be the next film well if any wants tooo know about the hobbit movie check out the next thing for peter jackson

I just know they're coming to kill me.
My first post here on MoFo. Well, I think we all know where this post led to, and the only thing that was wrong with my post was that I thought it was coming out in November. Oh well. All n00bs make mistakes at first, right?

Anywho, tonight's the night where me, Uncle Rico, pops and brother (the same one who told me about this film to begin with) is going to go see, what looks to me, to be a beautiful film. Let's hope it works.

Still postin' after these few years.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Glad you stuck around to find out if it all happened the way you thought, MovieM. Enjoy! I want to see this soon, too, but starting to pack the calendar with stuff.