Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What is 10 Cloverfield Lane (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=44956)

Good Feeling FIlm 03-13-16 04:37 PM

What is 10 Cloverfield Lane

I recently saw 10 Cloverfield Lane, and I loved it. I also remember J.J. saying it was a blood relative of the first one, but I wanted to know whether you guys think it is a prequel, or a sequel? Maybe it is happening at the same time as the other, I have no idea. Let me know what you guys think.

I IZ DA MOOSE 03-15-16 01:39 AM

Re: What is 10 Cloverfield Lane

I saw it Friday and really enjoyed it, but I have no idea what it actually had to do with Cloverfield.

colejwalker 03-15-16 01:48 AM

Honestly I wish I knew, you should probably put a spoiler warning up on your original post, but the way they tie it in to Cloverfield is an absolute joke. If I'm guessing I'm going to assume that it is taking place during the last 10 minutes of Cloverfield.

The Rodent 03-15-16 02:11 AM

The movie is like the original... there is no explanation as to exactly what's happening... when, how, what, who or why.

The official "thing" is that it's a spiritual successor to the original movie... which means it might not actually be the same creature, or even set in the same "universe" as the original.
Kinda like the connection between Shaun Of The Dead, Hot Fuzz and The World's End.

Captain Steel 03-15-16 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1477913)
The movie is like the original... there is no explanation as to exactly what's happening... when, how, what, who or why.

The official "thing" is that it's a spiritual successor to the original movie... which means it might not actually be the same creature, or even set in the same "universe" as the original.
Kinda like the connection between Shaun Of The Dead, Hot Fuzz and The World's End.
What's the connection between those three outside of the same two actors playing two main characters?

The Rodent 03-15-16 02:46 AM

They're designed to be a spiritual trilogy... same actors, not just Pegg and Frost, there's a number of actors that appear in all 3 films... same director in all 3 films... and they're known collectively as The Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy as there's a running gag throughout all 3 films that involves Cornetto Ice Creams.
Shaun has only Strawberry
Fuzz has only Original
End has only Mint

The 3 of them together also cover almost all genres of movie.
All 3 movies have Comedy and Buddy-Movie themes throughout, but...
Shaun covers Romance and Horror
Fuzz covers Action and Thriller
End covers Sci-Fi and Mystery

The Rodent 03-15-16 02:51 AM

Oh, then there's the garden fence gag as well in all 3 films.

colejwalker 03-15-16 03:19 AM

I thought this film was said to take place in the same universe.

ericRUNfast 03-19-16 07:29 PM

I thought this movie was spectacular. It has a loose spiritual connection to Cloverfield but I'm not worried about trying to explain it. Absolutely LOVED this movie.

CelluloidGeek 03-19-16 08:19 PM

I think it took place as last movie time frame