Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's your level of movie consumption? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=23253)

thracian dawg 07-28-10 08:51 PM

What's your level of movie consumption?

In all platforms: theatre, DVD, internet, television, etc etc.

One a year?
I include this only in the honor of Noam Chomsky who, yes, only sees one film a year.

One a month?
You're investing your time wisely during these greenish salad days in order to become a [ insert snarky profession ] Do you have any idea how much a [ Insert snarky profession ] makes?

One to two a week?
Other commitments such as base jumping / dating / or sleeping takes precedence.

Three or four a week?
Movies are my life dude!

Five or six a week?
Resident movie geek or blogger in training

One a day?
Movies are me vitimins!

More than 7 a week?
Crystal Meth was seriously freaking out my dentist, so I switched to a gentler addiction.

Juno MacGuff 07-28-10 08:55 PM

Re: What's your level of movie consumption?

I'd say I am between One per week and one per every two weeks. So I can see anywhere from 2-4 movies per month in the theater.

As for DVD I probably watch up to 5 per week.

Internet maybe 1 or 2 per month.

Television I don't watch movies hardly at all.

Powdered Water 07-28-10 08:58 PM

I watch the movies A LOT. Two a day is usually the minimum.

Holden Pike 07-28-10 08:59 PM

More than seven a week for this junkie.

Not counting Film Festivals, I'd say I see anywhere between four and ten movies a month, just theatrically. And my TV is on all the damn time...mysteriously enough, even sometimes when I'm not home.

"A frickin' lot" is the exact count, I believe.

Harry Lime 07-28-10 09:07 PM

Roughly 20-40 per month, at home.

Powdered Water 07-28-10 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 648417)
And my TV is on all the damn time...mysteriously enough, even sometimes when I'm not home.

Our cats will occasionally turn on the Animal Planet when we're out. They have also informed me that they would like to have a remote with bigger buttons on it so it would be easier for them to channel surf during commercials.

timetravelfan 07-28-10 09:13 PM

About 5 movies per week. I love movies but I am not addicted to movies.
I love to watch about 5 DVD movies per week. I dont watch TV & theatre movies often, maybe once month. I never watch movies via Internet (I still prefer watch on TV). Am I old fashioned? Really, its' comfortable to sit and watch TV.

journeyowns 07-28-10 09:29 PM

I average one a day nowadays at home. This is via netflix discs through the mail and Instant Watch. I probably get to the theaters one or two times a month.

rauldc14 07-28-10 09:33 PM

I'd say somewhere in the range of 3-4 per week. Though there are times where it is highly more than that.

mark f 07-28-10 10:11 PM

I've seen 40 so far in July, 36 in June, 45 in May, 34 in April, 69 in March, 53 in Feb., and 81 in January. This doesn't count rewatching the same movie multiple times. You'd have to add about five more a month for that. :cool:

Darkrose 07-28-10 10:22 PM

Including television stuff...one a day...you'd think I'd be a couch potato, but I'm not I swear!

Yoda 07-28-10 10:25 PM

It really depends. Probably two or three a week all told, but that's mainly because I've got a lot of real-world stuff going on, and because I've been spending more and more time ploughing through TV shows on DVD.

When I don't have any TV shows to worry about and I'm not doing anything life-altering like looking at houses or planning a wedding, though, it's probably 4 a week between rentals and the theater. But that's just an average; I'll go 5-6 days without one, then watch 3 on a Saturday.

I do love me some movies, but I don't like to bury myself with them, partially because I try to give myself some room to think about them (when merited, of course).

Blue Lou 07-28-10 11:29 PM

I'd say, on average, about 1 per week. I spend a decent amount of time searching various sources to determine whether or not I will enjoy a film. Its sucks to plan out a couple hours of time only to find that your selection has left you mildly entertained.

Miss Vicky 07-28-10 11:59 PM

I usually average one or two a week (mostly on DVD or streamed from the web) but it varies greatly depending on what's out and what else I've got going on.

planet news 07-29-10 12:08 AM

- 2 Japtoon episodes per day
- about 6-7 films per week

Always after midnight!

linespalsy 07-29-10 12:20 AM

varies a lot. having a girlfriend really killed my movie consumption for a while. also depends on how much i'm reading, drawing, studying... lately I've found enough free time to see probably at least a couple movies per week, finish a half dozen books or so a month on avg. and spend a lot of time with my girlfriend. Part of the solution is to fold two of them together *somewhat* by using the excuse of "introducing" various movies to Rebecca, but I find when I do that it limits the kinds of movies I watch a little bit.

so short answer about 2 a week these days. when i was at my peak a few years ago 1 a day. when i was at my peak of anime watching several years ago it was probably 8 or nine episodes per day and a couple movies a week.

planet news 07-29-10 12:32 AM

8/9 Japtoons per day is fine. That ends up being about 3 hours anyway. I try to space them out so I'm not too tired to watch a film a day. Currently I'm also watching the 8 episode Danish television show Riget, which is about an hour long so I go much later into the night to around 4 in the morning or so.

therumsgone 07-29-10 01:01 AM

Right now I'm at about one a day, plus more than one on weekends. So I guess more than 7 a week. That's only because work's slow right now. A more typical week would be 4 or 5 movies.

linespalsy 07-29-10 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by planet news (Post 648557)
8/9 Japtoons per day is fine. That ends up being about 3 hours anyway.
I may have been underestimating it then :(. I remember watching the Evangelion series in 2 days tops. And watching Giant Robo in one sitting. I should probably feel more embarrassed than I do while typing that.

planet news 07-29-10 01:22 AM

I watched Evangelion over 2 weeks. I had school then so I saved them for the afternoons. 2 a day as always. Giant Robo in one sitting... Jesus.

>embarrassed

Don't be.

Otaku forever <3