Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Matrix: Resurrections (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=48610)

The Rodent 03-15-17 06:55 AM

The Matrix: Resurrections

Lol!

Not even 20 years... the sequels are only 14 years ago...

The Matrix is being remade.

Current Hollywood reboot/remake go-to-guy Michael B Jordan is in talks to star.

Warner really are a load of crap.
:laugh:

MovieMeditation 03-15-17 07:00 AM

Re: The Matrix - Remake

No movie is ever safe. No movie.

Iroquois 03-15-17 07:03 AM

While there are surely other stories that could be told using the established Matrix universe, the fact that this is most likely going to be a straight-up rehash of the original film just makes it seem like even more of a waste.

The Rodent 03-15-17 07:13 AM

One thing's for certain, it won't be as ground breaking as the originals.

The original movies rewrote special effects... ok some of it is hokey these days but the Wakowskis trail blazed a path into new technology and methods of special effects with the original movie.

They'll just CGI everything in the remake, and add nothing new to the mix.
Unless they just release it in 3D and tell everyone that the 125 year old 3D technology they're using is "new".

Yam12 03-15-17 07:19 AM

What is even the point of this?

I understand remaking a film that was in a foreign language but if the original film is in English in the first place then won't people just watch that instead?

Camo 03-15-17 07:22 AM

I don't like the original Matrix at all so i don't care, hilarious though. Got to say though foreign language movies being remade in english annoys me more than something like tthis, even if it was something i liked and not The Matrix.

Iroquois 03-15-17 07:26 AM

That's what's weird about them doing an English-language remake of Toni Erdmann - half that movie was already in English.

Optimus 03-15-17 08:18 AM

Very strange. The original was okay, but it's hardly worth a remake.

Little Devil 03-15-17 08:25 AM

why? what's the point?

Camo 03-15-17 08:30 AM

Here's an article on it - http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7630496.html

The most surprising thing to me there was that The Matrix won four Oscars. Obviously they would have been in the technical categories but i wasn't aware. Also forgot that Reloaded and Revolutions came out in the same year, all of my friends were so excited over that at the time and i couldn't care less.

Little Devil 03-15-17 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1668696)
Here's an article on it - http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7630496.html

The most surprising thing to me there was that The Matrix won four Oscars. Obviously they would have been in the technical categories but i wasn't aware. Also forgot that Reloaded and Revolutions came out in the same year, all of my friends were so excited over that at the time and i couldn't care less.
That Hollywood has lost a lot of imagination is not exactly news [how many movies out there are exactly the same but with different characters?] but remaking a movie that isn't even old and was a huge hit, is dumbfounding.

How about investing in originality? I bet there are a ton of writers out there that have novel ideas.

Ultraviolence 03-15-17 09:02 AM

Oh God! NO, please NO! This is a nightmare! This Avengers generation don't know even to turn the damn phone in the movie theaters, imagine the dialogs, "You want to kick my friend's ass, now I'll kick yours, and I'll bring my friends! This is war"... F**k you Warner, honestly, F**K YOU! Now they only need to do a reboot of Point Break and f**k with everything... Wait, they already did it.

TheUsualSuspect 03-15-17 10:33 AM

My eyes widened with disbelief when I saw the title of this. I thought maybe someone saw a rumour online and immediately made a thread. This can't be true. It just can't.

So since they wanted Will Smith in the original, they want to turn to Michael B. Jordan now? I can't wrap my head around why this is being done. WB has the Fantastic Beasts series to make them money, people will turn their nose up at this decision and it'll be a loss. No one wants The Matrix without the original cast and crew.

ScarletLion 03-15-17 10:45 AM

:D

The Box Office gets the films it deserves.

Thursday Next 03-15-17 10:54 AM

Are they trying to beat Psycho in the most pointless movie remake competition?

Doolallyfrank 03-15-17 10:59 AM

Maybe the Architect will speak English in this one?

The Rodent 03-15-17 11:00 AM

Maybe Will Ferrell will be the Architect.

Yoda 03-15-17 11:35 AM

I agree with the sentiment that the Matrix universe is ripe for more stories, though even then, some of the best (I'd assume) have already been told in The Animatrix (which is pretty good). I'd prefer getting a feature-length version of one of those before a remake of this one.

That said, I do expect, if this happens, it'll end up being more of a reimagining than a straight-up remake.

mattiasflgrtll6 03-15-17 11:49 AM

"Reimagining" is just a nicer word for remake. This is the stupidest idea I've heard since the announcement of Scarface getting remade again.

ScarletLion 03-15-17 12:14 PM

If people keep going to the cinema to see terrible action / superhero films, then the studios are going to continue to try and coin it at every opportunity from the people who keep going to see terrible action / superhero action films.

You can't have your cake and eat it on this one.

ScarletLion 03-15-17 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by mattiasflgrtll6 (Post 1668760)
"Reimagining" is just a nicer word for remake. This is the stupidest idea I've heard since the announcement of Toni Erdmann getting a remake
fixed

Yoda 03-15-17 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by mattiasflgrtll6 (Post 1668760)
"Reimagining" is just a nicer word for remake.
It certainly can be, but I think it's still a useful word, given that some remakes end up changing major things about the original. And if they do that, I find the idea of remaking them correspondingly less ridiculous.

gandalf26 03-15-17 01:04 PM

Don't believe this until I see it.

Remake - No Chance!

Continuation/Sequel - Much more likely.

Sarge 03-15-17 01:29 PM

Stupid if true.

Am a big fan of the original.

There are plenty of dreadful films out there that had promise that could benefit from a remake.

Pointless, the same as:
The amazing Spider-Man
Tron
Ghostbusters
Robocop
Godzilla
The Incredible hulk

Dani8 03-15-17 01:31 PM

My eyes are bleeding at this news. Wait...is today 1st April?

mattiasflgrtll6 03-15-17 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by ScarletLion (Post 1668774)
fixed
I see at least a bright side with the Toni Erdmann remake (stupid as it is): It will be Jack Nicholson's first film role in 8 years. And considering he's my second favorite actor of all time, those news make me very happy.

Sarge 03-15-17 01:41 PM

Relax, It won't happen now as I have tweeted Warner Bros. to voice my disapproval. As you were people. #Influence

You're welcome

Deathly 03-15-17 02:23 PM

Why would they remake such a quality piece of film? A prequel would be better. I'd love to see how Morpheus came to be.

Now awaiting the Titanic (literally) news...

Dani8 03-15-17 03:27 PM

Urghhh, it's not 1st april. I just saw it on filmlink.

The Gunslinger45 03-15-17 04:01 PM

We can only hope the movies this summer bomb so hard it leads to a either another New Hollwood or a second Indie boom.

This is dumb. If it is a reboot. If they want to do another film in the same universe ala Rogue One then fine.

Dani8 03-15-17 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Gunslinger45 (Post 1668897)
We can only hope the movies this summer bomb so hard it leads to a either another New Hollwood or a second Indie boom.

This is dumb. If it is a reboot. If they want to do another film in the same universe ala Rogue One then fine.
The Wachowski sisters are doing it. After that woeful Jupiter Ascending (I cant even remember why I thought it was so bad) I decided they were one trick ponies.

The Gunslinger45 03-15-17 04:42 PM

Well if they are doing it, then it might very well bomb too.

Dani8 03-15-17 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by The Gunslinger45 (Post 1668918)
Well if they are doing it, then it might very well bomb too.
Yeh, think I'll be giving this a miss. I'm very fickle when I get disappointed with filmmakers.

The Gunslinger45 03-15-17 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1668920)
Yeh, think I'll be giving this a miss. I'm very fickle when I get disappointed with filmmakers.
I don't blame you.

Dani8 03-15-17 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Gunslinger45 (Post 1669023)
I don't blame you.
Makes me feel bad but I cant help it. I dont like holding a grudge but if I feel a film maker, showrunner etc treats me badly as a member of their fandom I scarf flick nd stomp off.

Sexy Celebrity 03-15-17 09:35 PM

Oh, please. You all are shocked?

The Wachowski Brothers turned into The Wachowski Sisters. If they can be remade, the whole damn Matrix trilogy can be remade.

Little Devil 03-15-17 09:40 PM

Cronenberg's THE FLY is also getting a remake...

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6gE8...3i5a/giphy.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...ry/wtf/wtf.gifhttps://i.makeagif.com/media/9-09-2015/LQGZub.gif

Sexy Celebrity 03-15-17 09:42 PM

A movie from over 30 years ago (The Fly) is getting remade? 30 years? That's a miracle.

Dani8 03-15-17 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1669087)
Oh, please. You all are shocked?

The Wachowski Brothers turned into The Wachowski Sisters. If they can be remade, the whole damn Matrix trilogy can be remade.

So predictable. What is wrong with you.

Sexy Celebrity 03-15-17 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1669102)
So predictable. What is wrong with you.
I have a sense of humor.

Little Devil 03-15-17 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1669091)
A movie from over 30 years ago (The Fly) is getting remade? 30 years? That's a miracle.
no point in remaking it. It's a damn great movie [and a classic]. :(

Sexy Celebrity 03-15-17 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Little Devil (Post 1669129)
no point in remaking it. It's a damn great movie [and a classic]. :(
Oh I like the movie. But remaking a 30 year old movie is better than remaking a 2 year old movie.

The Rodent 03-15-17 10:49 PM

Meh, The Fly was originally a book so a new movie wouldn't be a remake.

How
Many
Times
?

Sexy Celebrity 03-15-17 10:50 PM

Right. I thought The Fly was already a remake.

The Rodent 03-15-17 10:51 PM

It's based on a short story by George Langelaan :)

Little Devil 03-15-17 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1669132)

How
Many
Times
?
It was a short story, then a movie, then a remake [that has nothing to do with both]. Now they want to remake the remake [cronenberg's version] not adapting the book to the screen.

Ben.Hur also had the same treatment, Look how that turned out. :sick:

MonnoM 03-15-17 11:08 PM

This is essentially a reboot. Usually I keep an open mind when it comes to remakes, reboots, etc. For all we know they may have some fresh ideas. Sure, this could easily be an utter failure, but that remains to be seen. There have actually been some decent remakes and reboots, so I wouldn't dismiss this just yet. Especially without more details or a trailer.

TheUsualSuspect 03-16-17 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1669132)

How
Many
Times
?
Ugh, not this crap again.

Optimus 03-16-17 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by MonnoM (Post 1669140)
This is essentially a reboot. Usually I keep an open mind when it comes to remakes, reboots, etc. For all we know they may have some fresh ideas. Sure, this could easily be an utter failure, but that remains to be seen. There have actually been some decent remakes and reboots, so I wouldn't dismiss this just yet. Especially without more details or a trailer.
Wish i had the same belief as you.

Doolallyfrank 03-16-17 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Optimus (Post 1669332)
Originally Posted by MonnoM (Post 1669140)
Wish i had the same belief as you.
Although personally I didn't care for Fury Road, it was a successful reboot. They're not always terrible

outrider767 03-16-17 06:50 PM

A bunch of crap--and if they mean Jordan starring as Neo, the public will never buy it--Jordan is only seen as a boxer, nothing else

Camo 03-16-17 06:58 PM

Jordan is much better in Fruitvale Station than he was in Creed and that performance was acclaimed.

Iroquois 03-17-17 12:37 AM

Pfft, if anything most people still see him as Wallace.

nathey_shaw 03-17-17 05:08 AM

Not a fan of the idea, but will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Ms. M 03-17-17 06:22 AM

I only wonder, what for doing "Matrix" remake? It's relatively jung movie.
Could "money" be an answer?:rolleyes:

Ms. M 03-17-17 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by MovieMeditation (Post 1668670)
True!

TheUsualSuspect 03-17-17 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Iroquois (Post 1669860)
Pfft, if anything most people still see him as Wallace.
Man, that scene at the end of the season, I was glued to the tv screen.

Ultraviolence 03-17-17 01:31 PM

Guys! Check this!

https://twitter.com/zakpenn/status/842607579012382720

https://twitter.com/zakpenn/status/842608247232069634

Sarge 03-17-17 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ultraviolence (Post 1670163)
A bit of goodish news.

Iroquois 03-18-17 05:37 AM

I heard that this was actually going to be a prequel about a young Morpheus (presumably played by Jordan). I guess that has the potential to be interesting.

The Gunslinger45 03-18-17 06:25 AM

A prequel would be preferable to a reboot

Movie_Talk 03-19-17 06:00 PM

Is Hollywood going to do a remake of "The Matrix"?
I don't think it will ever be the same without Keanu Reeves.
Please provide source.

outrider767 03-20-17 06:15 PM

Public won't accept Michael B Jordan as Morpheus, its a sick joke of an idea

TheUsualSuspect 03-21-17 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by outrider767 (Post 1672107)
Public won't accept Michael B Jordan as Morpheus, its a sick joke of an idea
Is that who they want him to play? I thought it was Neo since they originally wanted Will Smith to play that character.

Yoda 08-20-19 05:28 PM

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1163906114984894464

Sedai 08-20-19 06:02 PM

https://cdn.newspunch.com/wp-content...ix-678x381.jpg

mojofilter 08-20-19 06:26 PM

It’s not a remake anymore. It’s a sequel that will star Keanu Reeves.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...ana-wachowski/

Yoda 08-20-19 06:28 PM

Yeah, just wasn't sure if I wanted to start a new thread, rename this one, or what.

Yoda 08-20-19 06:29 PM

Little concerned that just one Wachowski is on board. How do we know if this one is the Simon and not the Garfunkel?

John McClane 08-20-19 07:33 PM

Re: The Matrix 4

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XAIKGQacmU8

John McClane 08-20-19 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2031095)
Little concerned that just one Wachowski is on board. How do we know if this one is the Simon and not the Garfunkel?
I’m not concerned. They are both equally talented in their own rights. I think it’s why Reloaded and Revolutions was a mess. Two much push and pull with the nonsense. I’m addicted to this franchise regardless so I say bring it on. :D

nebbit 08-21-19 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by MovieMeditation (Post 1668670)
Ditto :eek:

gandalf26 08-21-19 10:46 AM

I've been thinking in recent years that they might do this with Keanu given the success of John Wick.

Questions arise about Morpheus, where is he? Also Trinity is dead, but there's no reason they (the machines) can't recreate a faux Trinity, perhaps as a system of control to keep Neo from causing trouble again.

Very excited! More Matrix less real world this time thanks.

celodrix 09-07-19 05:56 AM

Don't please, don't messup Matrix. The movie is good as it this. I'm sure they will gonna ruin this name if they do a remake of it.

John-Connor 09-30-20 12:50 PM

Keanu Reeves says ‘The Matrix 4’ will be an “inspiring love story”.
The actor is currently filming the reboot in Berlin.

“We have a wonderful director, Lana Wachowski, and she has written a beautiful script that is a love story, it’s inspiring,” he explained.

“It’s another version, a call to wake up and it has some great action. All will be revealed.”

Questioned on whether the film would be a prequel to the trilogy, Reeves responded: “No, no. No going in the past.”

Meanwhile, Laurence Fishburne recently revealed that he’s “not been invited” to reprise his role of Morpheus for the reboot, adding: “I wish them well. I hope it’s great.”

Keanu Reeves will return in the starring role as Neo, with Carrie-Anne Moss once again playing Trinity.

Also confirmed to be on board for the new film is Aquaman, The Greatest Showman and Watchmen star Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. As Variety reports, the actor, who also appeared in the Striking Vipers episode of Black Mirror), will play a “lead role” in the film, with some speculating that he will portray a young Morpheus.

Another name that’s been revealed for the Matrix 4 cast is How I Met Your Mother star Neil Patrick Harris. The actor’s specific role is being kept under wraps, but is said to be “significant”.

Another name also in contention is Jada Pinkett Smith, who would return for the role of Niobe, who she played in The Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions.

One actor is confirmed to not be returning for the sequel, though. Hugo Weaving, who portrayed Agent Smith in the first three films, recently announced that he will not be featuring since the filming clashed with his starring role in the theatre production of The Visit.

gandalf26 09-30-20 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by John-Connor (Post 2128262)
[i]Keanu Reeves says ‘The Matrix 4’ will be an “inspiring love story”.
The actor is currently filming the reboot in Berlin.

“We have a wonderful director, Lana Wachowski, and she has written a beautiful script that is a love story, it’s inspiring,” he explained.

“It’s another version, a call to wake up and it has some great action. All will be revealed.”

Questioned on whether the film would be a prequel to the trilogy, Reeves responded: “No, no. No going in the past.”

Meanwhile, Laurence Fishburne recently revealed that he’s “not been invited” to reprise his role of Morpheus for the reboot, adding: “I wish them well. I hope it’s great.”
What the heck? That's a shame, perhaps there was nowhere to take Morpheus storywise, but even a smaller leader role would have been good to see.

xSookieStackhouse 10-08-20 07:20 AM

hope it be good , loved other matrix movies but first one is always my favorite

HollowMan 10-13-20 07:12 PM

Seems a pointless and potentially terrible sequal/remake/whatever. The Wachowski brothers/sisters should have left it alone and used their talents on something original instead.

WorldFilmGeek 06-07-21 02:26 PM

Ellen Hollman, Priyanka Chopra, and Christina Ricci have all joined the cast. I spoke to both Hollman and Daniel Bernhardt (who is returning as Agent Johnson) about the new film and they mention they have resorted to more physical stunts on the set but couldn't reveal much more.

Aside from Reeves and Bernhardt, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jada Pinkett-Smith, and Lambert Wilson are all returning.

John McClane 06-07-21 03:12 PM

What the actual ****?

A beautiful love story? I got enough of that the first time around. Beat me over the head why don't they...

gandalf26 08-26-21 12:42 PM

The trailer had a private screening, and will no doubt be coming soon for the public.

WARNING: "Trailer Breakdown" spoilers below
So I listened to a description of the trailer and idk, it sounds like a reboot of Matrix 1, Keanu plugged back in, seeing a psychiatrist about these visions or memories (of events in trilogy), and apparently bumps into Trinity on the street, then they both have deja vu and off we go.

The guy talking about the trailer talks about "young morpheus", idk if that means actual morpheus or another type character, there's another dojo scene with older Neo taking on said Morpheus and Neo destroys him this time.

Where it all goes from there who knows?

I guess it's a logical place to have Neo, plugged abck in, memory wiped, kept under wraps/control. Trinity coming back makes less sense, it's a bit of a narrative stretch that the machines found her in the ship and saved her, so who knows what's going on there.

It al sounds disappointing and another rehash like many reboots/sequels these days but we'll see.

I look forward to the trailer and film but remain skeptical, and let's be honest, the OT had a legendary opener and mixed parts 2 and 3, though I always though 2 was ok/good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6EUqXkXc84&t=218s

John McClane 08-26-21 11:09 PM

It’s a good thing they planted that deja vu angle hard in the first movie.

Chalk it all up to the Dew

Flicker 08-27-21 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by John McClane (Post 2233671)
It’s a good thing they planted that deja vu angle hard in the first movie.
"Matrix Resurrections, really ? Why do I feel we've already seen hundreds of movie sequels titled like th... OOOOOH"

gandalf26 09-08-21 06:39 AM

Interesting interactive trailer released. Full trailer tmrow.

Red pill or blue pill?

https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com/

xSookieStackhouse 09-08-21 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by gandalf26 (Post 2236989)
Interesting interactive trailer released. Full trailer tmrow.

Red pill or blue pill?

https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com/
im excited for it

Sedai 09-08-21 10:32 AM

I took the red pill long ago...

xSookieStackhouse 09-09-21 10:22 AM

matrix 4 official trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ix7...rBros.Pictures

John McClane 09-09-21 12:02 PM

Ok, major ****ing goosebumps but…I really am worried now. But I do love that color grading/cinematography.

And I am not digging that music choice at all. :facepalm: Where’s the techno grunge?

Sedai 09-09-21 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by John McClane (Post 2237350)
Ok, major ****ing goosebumps but…I really am worried now. But I do love that color grading/cinematography.

And I am not digging that music choice at all. :facepalm: Where’s the techno grunge?
1 - Why are you worried?

2- Yes! They should have looked up Juno Reactor to do a new track that had remnants of their old tune4s from the originals...

doubledenim 09-09-21 12:30 PM

I like pills.

Nausicaä 09-09-21 12:45 PM

That actually looks quite interesting and loved the Jefferson Airplane element. :D

Ultraviolence 09-09-21 02:19 PM

About this trailer:
-The greenish color palette is gone - maybe because Sati redesigned the Matrix at the end of "Revolutions", but I didn't like it anyway...
-The costumes are pretty uninteresting;
-The music is really bad, but that's just my musical taste speaking louder;
-I don't care about the quality of the CGI, but the little presented seemed pretty boring to me;
-Thomas looks like the BOOMER he was in the first one, which gives me a fear called Repetition. There are a lot of frames in this trailer that go directly back to the first movie in a not original way;
-TRINITY's presence makes me uncomfortable. Even if she is a program and doesn't exist in the real world, I believe she will be an important part of the film, and I fear her being there simply because... she is;
-What is the "real world"? I used to have this idea that the real world wasn't so real after all (maybe another matrix), but that idea is dead now, I'm curious about Zion and where the hell is Morpheus? Is the movie set in the distant future? If so, how is Neo alive in the real world? How the machines would know how mankind could evolve? Perhaps this is the new circle of the chosen one, as Neo broke the path in Reloaded....
Well, as an old fan, I will watch this but I'm not excited. Mainly because I haven't liked any of the director's work since Matrix Revolutions...

Yoda 09-09-21 02:20 PM

This 100% would've been called The Matrix: Rebooted if that term didn't have a specific meaning in cinema now.

Sedai 09-09-21 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ultraviolence (Post 2237376)
-Thomas looks like the BOOMER he was in the first one, which gives me a fear called Repetition. There are a lot of frames in this trailer that go directly back to the first movie in a not original way;
I was about to say he is Gen X, but look at that, born in 1964, so the Boomer title is actually (just barely) correct. That said, The Matrix is solidly a GEN X flick.

Powdered Water 09-09-21 05:02 PM

Re: The Matrix: Resurrections

Looked good to me. Between this and the new dune flick. We may be getting a little decent sci fi for a change.

xSookieStackhouse 09-09-21 07:17 PM

hopefully it will be a good movie i glad carrie an moss is back shes one of my favourite on matrix

John McClane 09-09-21 07:55 PM

@Sedai: I know I should wait for a proper trailer, but this franchise ate up a good portion of my life. I have some strong memories attached, and the teaser had some weak cuts for the more iconic parts of the franchise. (I.e Morpheus firing an automatic Glock on that freeway bridge in adverts is imprinted on my brain).

And I just really hate that song in advertising. I think Lost Odyssey when I hear it. Not The Matrix. It’s played out, which is why it sells. :lol:

I’m just getting vibes that the theory of “reality” being another simulation is going to get leaned into hard this time, and it’ll get messy. I dunno if I’m ready for that.

I watched the first three plastered out of my mind over 100 times. Studying it and trying to figure out things. Then when it finally clicked the franchise got all the more special for me. I was deep in the sauce and spices. Plus, I was studying philosophy at the time, which meant new ways to analyze. Every time I watched it got better.

Rockatansky 09-09-21 09:25 PM

Regarding the song choice, I'm just glad we're past the phase of ****ty acoustic/emo covers of classic songs in trailers. Give me the real thing, dammit.

As for the trailer, with the caveat that I only somewhat like the first movie and think the sequels suffer greatly from doubling down on the new age bull**** (like Star Wars prequel revisionism, their recently improved reputation baffles me)... this looks ****ing sick.

John McClane 09-09-21 09:35 PM

I haven’t had a good reason to go to the movies of late but I’ll be off work when this drops. Zero hour zero day. Then right back in 3 or 4 more times. Same day.

Still worried. But excited AF.

John W Constantine 09-09-21 09:50 PM

Re: The Matrix: Resurrections

whoa.