Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   The Television & Music Forum (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Tool (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=6982)

VilleValo462 03-26-04 01:47 AM

Tool

anyone like this band ?

they are my fav !

Piddzilla 03-26-04 08:56 AM

Yes I think they are one of the greatest rock bands around today. I think the nu metal scene would probably never have existed if it wasn't for Tool. Unfortunately none of the nu metal bands have half the amount of talent that each Tool member has individually.

LordSlaytan 03-26-04 10:57 AM

Tool's also one of my favorite of the contemporary metal scene. They have some amazing talents onboard. Unlike so many of the 'copycat' bands out there today.

Fall-from-Grace 03-26-04 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Tool's also one of my favorite of the contemporary metal scene. They have some amazing talents onboard. Unlike so many of the 'copycat' bands out there today.
Yes! I agree. And even those copycat bands can't even copy it worth crap! A lot of those new bands will release and album, have a single and then fade into obscurity. Tool however, has released a bunch of albums and kept a large fanbase and all their albums are solid works. Not too many American bands can do that nowadays.

Piddzilla 03-26-04 01:21 PM

I agree with the two post above.

Tool is really intellectual without being arty farty. :rotfl: (That expression is sooooo stupid... "arty farty"... geez!). Their songs on Lateralus are of epic dimensions, not to mention the entire album. And yet they manage to get their videos, their brilliant wonderful videos, aired on the music channels even though they are often very lengthy. And they are all so ****ing excellent musicians. The drummer is mad! Being a drummer myself, a lot of times I just sit with my jaw dropped thinking "What the hell is he doing???".

I remember the first time I heard Sober. Man, what a song. That was something completely different when it came out. And Maynard sang his guts out....

Pyro Tramp 07-23-04 08:24 AM

I love Tool, a great prog metal band, however i've almost listened to Aenima and Lateralus to death :mad:
What about his (Maynard) other band: A Perfect Circle, they're worth a look for fans, its more straight edged but good

gummo 09-06-04 01:23 AM

I LOVE TOOL....TOOL IS COOL

Shaolin 09-06-04 12:14 PM

I love intelligent music.

Naisy 09-06-04 12:17 PM

You Tool's :D

AboveTheClouds 09-06-04 01:04 PM

Tool is boring........(Thats either because I prefer Death Metal, Black Metal)

Pyro Tramp 09-06-04 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
Tool is boring........(Thats either because I prefer Death Metal, Black Metal)
I found you need to get into it, then when you get the music its fantastic

Nitzer 09-07-04 10:00 PM

Always hated the band.

OG- 09-07-04 10:49 PM

Tool is my all time favorite band, has been ever since I heard them.

You can't even get into a discussion as to how god damn good they are as musicians, because there is no opposite point open for debate; they're simply superior to any other band out there that plays in any similar fashion as Tool.

You can't even confine Tool to a genre, since no other band effectively sounds nearly as good as them.

If you haven't seen them live, you have to check it out, it is a feast for the eyes as well as the ears.