Tool

Tools    

anyone like this band ?

they are my fav !

I am having a nervous breakdance
Yes I think they are one of the greatest rock bands around today. I think the nu metal scene would probably never have existed if it wasn't for Tool. Unfortunately none of the nu metal bands have half the amount of talent that each Tool member has individually.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Tool's also one of my favorite of the contemporary metal scene. They have some amazing talents onboard. Unlike so many of the 'copycat' bands out there today.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Tool's also one of my favorite of the contemporary metal scene. They have some amazing talents onboard. Unlike so many of the 'copycat' bands out there today.
Yes! I agree. And even those copycat bands can't even copy it worth crap! A lot of those new bands will release and album, have a single and then fade into obscurity. Tool however, has released a bunch of albums and kept a large fanbase and all their albums are solid works. Not too many American bands can do that nowadays.
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

I am having a nervous breakdance
I agree with the two post above.

Tool is really intellectual without being arty farty. (That expression is sooooo stupid... "arty farty"... geez!). Their songs on Lateralus are of epic dimensions, not to mention the entire album. And yet they manage to get their videos, their brilliant wonderful videos, aired on the music channels even though they are often very lengthy. And they are all so ****ing excellent musicians. The drummer is mad! Being a drummer myself, a lot of times I just sit with my jaw dropped thinking "What the hell is he doing???".

I remember the first time I heard Sober. Man, what a song. That was something completely different when it came out. And Maynard sang his guts out....

I love Tool, a great prog metal band, however i've almost listened to Aenima and Lateralus to death
What about his (Maynard) other band: A Perfect Circle, they're worth a look for fans, its more straight edged but good

The Emperor of Ice Cream
I love intelligent music.

Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
Tool is boring........(Thats either because I prefer Death Metal, Black Metal)
I found you need to get into it, then when you get the music its fantastic

And this is my BOOMstick!
Always hated the band.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Tool is my all time favorite band, has been ever since I heard them.

You can't even get into a discussion as to how god damn good they are as musicians, because there is no opposite point open for debate; they're simply superior to any other band out there that plays in any similar fashion as Tool.

You can't even confine Tool to a genre, since no other band effectively sounds nearly as good as them.

If you haven't seen them live, you have to check it out, it is a feast for the eyes as well as the ears.