Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Any guilty pleasure movies you like? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=42500)

655321 08-03-15 06:26 PM

Any guilty pleasure movies you like?

for me it'll be Deep impact, Little shop of horrors, and Knowing with Nicolas Cage

The Rodent 08-03-15 06:28 PM

Re: Any guilty pleasure movies you like?

Little Shop Of Horrors is a great film, no shame or guilt in liking it.

For me, Resident Evil movies. Total garbage, but I just can't stop liking them.

Derek Vinyard 08-03-15 06:31 PM

Anaconda
Ghost Ship
Thir13een Ghosts
Sanctum

The Rodent 08-03-15 06:33 PM

^ Not sure about Sanctum but the other 3 are definitely on my own list :D

Captain Spaulding 08-03-15 06:42 PM

http://channelawesome.com/forums/att...ster-jpg.2867/

Nope1172 08-03-15 06:50 PM

https://www.movieposter.com/posters/...n/40/MPW-20163

Mr Minio 08-03-15 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Chypmunk (Post 1363364)
None at all - if I like a movie I have absolutely no reason to feel guilty about it no matter how anyone else may feel about it :)
+1

Cole416 08-03-15 06:53 PM

Drill Bill

Although I do have to admit there seems to be a huge cult following.

Mr Minio 08-03-15 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cole416 (Post 1363375)
Drill Bill

Did you feel guilty afterwards? Don't worry, only once doesn't make you gay...

Captain Spaulding 08-03-15 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cole416 (Post 1363375)
Drill Bill

Introducing Drill Bill to the forum is going to go down as my greatest accomplishment.

90sAce 08-03-15 06:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ9IZybfXyI

The Gunslinger45 08-03-15 06:59 PM

Rock of Ages and Bad Boys I & II.

The Gunslinger45 08-03-15 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding (Post 1363370)
I legit like that movie, and not just as a guilty pleasure.

AdamUpBxtch 08-03-15 07:14 PM

Starship Troopers for me. It's one of my favorite sci fi films but the acting is cheesy as hell.

mark f 08-03-15 07:25 PM

Just my usual ones:

Showgirls
Howard the Duck
Blue Thunder
The Chicken Chronicles

...although I don't feel guilty about any of them.

CiCi 08-03-15 08:07 PM

Batman and Robin is a pretty big guilty pleasure, it's awful, horrifically awful. Yet I've seen it more than once and enjoyed some scenes too :lol:

Gatsby 08-03-15 08:11 PM

These two:

http://i.imgur.com/jWF1uSn.gif

and

http://i.imgur.com/UwBrtH8.gif

Don't feel guilt about 'em.

Citizen Rules 08-03-15 08:22 PM

Ed Wood Jr movies. Especially Jail Bait and The Violent Years

Captain Steel 08-03-15 10:22 PM

Also LOVE Little Shop of Horrors... it is a great film (saw the original not long ago too, wanted to see the Jack Nicholson part, overall, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.)

Guilty Pleasures:
Robocop
Starship Troopers
Armageddon
Con-Air
Independence Day
Executive Decision
(not a "guilty" pleasure really, it's just in my collection... on VHS!)
Defending Your Life (the guilty part is that I cry through it!)
Ella Enchanted
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
The Brady Bunch Movie
Growing Up Brady
(made for TV movie about the making of the Brady Bunch with young Kaley Cuoco as Maureen McCormick / Marcia!)
all Monty Python movies
all 4 Matt Helm movies (box set / starring Dean Martin)
the solo Jerry Lewis movies (oddly, I like the Matt Helm movies and the solo Jerry movies, but never really got into the Martin & Lewis movies on a deep level).
Austin Powers (the first one)
Idiocracy
all 4 National Lampoon Vacation movies (box set)
a slew of 1950's "B" Sci-Fi movies just because some are "bad".

Miss Vicky 08-03-15 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1363478)
Con-Air
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Con-Air is a badass movie, a bit over the top, but not bad at all. Also there should be no reason for anyone to feel guilty for liking Who Framed Roger Rabbit, National Lampoon's Vacation, or National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Probably the closest for me would be Showgirls, but I don't feel especially guilty about it.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...o3ewo1_500.gif

ursaguy 08-04-15 12:28 AM

Nothing, because I don't get ashamed about liking movies. That's stupid. To answer the question the way most others are by putting movies I know are bad but love anyway;

Howard The Duck, Glen Or Glenda , and Oliver and Company

foster 08-04-15 12:50 AM

no. i have good taste in film

90sAce 08-04-15 01:00 AM

http://cdn.traileraddict.com/content...sporter3-3.jpg

Not considered a good movie, but the only Transporter movie I like. I thought that girl was hot too, even though she was a huge ditz

Captain Steel 08-04-15 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1363502)
Con-Air is a badass movie, a bit over the top, but not bad at all. Also there should be no reason for anyone to feel guilty for liking Who Framed Roger Rabbit, National Lampoon's Vacation, or National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Probably the closest for me would be Showgirls, but I don't feel especially guilty about it.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...o3ewo1_500.gif
Agree about the Vacation films, it's just that some people pan the 4th one (Las Vegas) but I enjoy it almost as much as the first. Granted,"European" leaves something to be desired, but it's got several great moments. I always had a small problem with "Christmas", not because there's anything wrong with it (it's hilarious as heck!), but just that it doesn't really fit with the others because the Griswalds don't go anywhere, i.e. it's not another "road trip" movie.

My Roger Rabbit story is that right after I first saw it in the theater, a friend's parents asked me what I thought. I told them it was a masterpiece and a work of genius. They rolled their eyes and said it was one of the most immature, idiotic, tedious things they ever had to sit through and then they reminded me that there was nothing original about it since Disney had been mixing live action and animation for decades. (They obviously didn't "get it".) But they did go out of their way to try to make me feel embarrassed for liking what they considered an unoriginal, low-brow, kiddie film.

Miss Vicky 08-04-15 01:48 AM

Sounds to me like your friend's parents are idiotic.

Mr Minio 08-04-15 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1363435)

Ed Wood Jr movies. Especially Jail Bait and The Violent Years
He's a true artist! Why feel guilty about liking his films?

Camo 08-04-15 09:12 AM

Like most I don't feel guilty for liking these, but they are all pretty bad.

The Man Who Knew Too Little - This movie is so dumb and full of predictable jokes but I can't help find it hilarious.

Billy Madison - Well to be fair I haven't seen this in about five years still I always found it funny.

Scary Movie 2 - Hate all the other Scary, Date, Disaster, etc movies I've seen but I do really like this one.

Agreed with Spaulding on Mortal Kombat too, the cheesy 90s soundtrack and horrible acting make this brilliant somehow, although the sequel is one of the worst film I've ever seen. Kinda agree with The Room too, I had a great time watching it but I doubt I'd ever watch it again.

Tugg 08-04-15 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1363681)
Scary Movie 2 - Hate all the other Scary, Date, Disaster, etc movies I've seen but I do really like this one.
I like "Scary Movie" 1 to 4.

Captain Steel 08-04-15 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1363537)
Sounds to me like your friend's parents are idiotic.
They were kind of upper crust yet always trying to be avant garde. They always had the latest technology before it became "household". The father owned a DeLorean jut before Back to the Future came out. They'd vacation in France every year (if that tells you anything).

linespalsy 08-04-15 03:05 PM

Guilt?

I don't know, maybe a little bit for liking White Chicks or Saving Silverman.

I don't feel any whatsoever for liking Knowing.

popcornsteve 08-04-15 04:15 PM

Harley Davidson & The Marlboro Man - my favourite guilty pleasure.
"If money talks an' ******** walks, we walkin' ".

Diehl40 08-05-15 06:32 PM

Highlander 1

Gideon58 08-06-15 12:18 PM

This is a link to my list on this subject:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=40252

The Duchess 08-06-15 12:23 PM

The Ed Wood movies Plan 9 From Outer Space and Bride Of The Monster. And I wear my angora sweater as well along with a nice dress and full makeup. Oh my!

Attack Of The 50' Woman

Captain Steel 08-06-15 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Diehl40 (Post 1364508)
Highlander 1
Highlander 1 isn't really a guilty pleasure. Now if you like Highlander II... :eek:

AMHmovie 08-07-15 12:08 PM

What does guilt pleasure means?

Tugg 08-07-15 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by AMHmovie (Post 1365689)
A movie usually thought to be a bad movie, yet you like it anyway.

linespalsy 08-07-15 12:20 PM

It's a movie you express "guilt" for liking, either because you yourself think it's "bad", it's so overwhelmingly reviled by other people you're afraid you'll be chastised for defending it, you find it's "message" repugnant, or some other reason.

AMHmovie 08-07-15 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tugg (Post 1365696)
Originally Posted by AMHmovie (Post 1365689)
Ohhh! Hmmm... I guess 2012 and the first three Final Destination count?

MovieGal 08-07-15 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by foster (Post 1363521)
no. i have good taste in film
I do too... but I do have a guilty pleasure... Im sorry, if I see it on.. I have to watch it..

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/ima...gif-108145.gif

And seriously, its because of my love for the process of Mummifcation... and a bit of dry comedy that I enjoy this film. Ok and yeah I like Ancient Egypt stuff...

Citizen Rules 08-07-15 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tugg (Post 1365696)
Yup

Originally Posted by linespalsy (Post 1365698)
It's a movie you express "guilt" for liking, either because you yourself think it's "bad", it's so overwhelmingly reviled by other people you're afraid you'll be chastised for defending it, you find it's "message" repugnant, or some other reason.
Please tell me that was sarcasm....I don't think there's one MoFo who's afraid to admit that they like a film that others think sucks.
https://celluloiddaydreams.files.wor..._the_dolls.jpg

Captain Steel 08-07-15 02:52 PM

Napoleon Dynamite (there's something genius in the level of awkwardness in this quirky film).
Eagle vs. Shark (very similar quirkiness as Napoleon Dynamite, but this one's a British romantic comedy.)

Captain Steel 08-07-15 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by AMHmovie (Post 1365708)
Ohhh! Hmmm... I guess 2012 and the first three Final Destination count?
Yes they count. (I've never seen a Final Destination movie, but you should be ASHAMED of yourself for liking 2012!!!)

;)

linespalsy 08-07-15 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1365750)
Please tell me that was sarcasm....I don't think there's one MoFo who's afraid to admit that they like a film that others think sucks.
https://celluloiddaydreams.files.wor..._the_dolls.jpg
Well, calling something a "guilty pleasure" is tantamount to admitting you like it, right? So, no, I never claimed that that's what it avoids. Instead, what careful use of the phrase "guilty pleasure" does, is sometimes it gets you out of having to defend liking something. Which is fine. Even us irascible MoFo's don't always have a stomach for defending our every opinion from the quibblers and wags of the internet.

Rogers_Theatre 08-08-15 12:48 AM

5 Card Stud starring Dean Martin, Robert Mitchum, Roddy McDowell and Inger Stevens.

Captain Steel 10-04-15 02:48 AM

Not sure which guilty pleasures thread to bump... but I discovered two that I hate to admit to (especially as a middle-aged male)
1. Mean Girls
2. Bring it On

And I don't even consider these Chick-Flicks... more Teen-Chick-Flicks!
Whenever I find these on, I stop to watch them!

JTGrasby 10-04-15 05:35 AM

I'm sure I have a few, but the one that sticks out to me is The Tournament, a movie about Assassin's put gather in a competition between each other to see who's the last man or woman standing.

I was surprisingly entertained the whole way through. Well worth a watch.

carlspackler 10-04-15 06:24 AM

Dune.
It's a pile of shite.
Love it.:D

Citizen Rules 10-04-15 12:43 PM

I always loved Dune, I seen it first run at a theater and have watched it several times since. I read all of the Dune series of books and was a totally fan before seeing the movie, so maybe that's why I appreciated the movie and others don't.

CiCi 10-04-15 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1395017)
Not sure which guilty pleasures thread to bump... but I discovered two that I hate to admit to (especially as a middle-aged male)
1. Mean Girls
2. Bring it On

I freaking adore both of these films :love::love::love:

But these two in addition to Bridesmaids and White Chicks

honeykid 10-04-15 02:30 PM

Another fan of Bring It On! here. :up:

Gideon58 10-04-15 06:03 PM

Here's a link to my list on this subject:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=40252

Captain Steel 10-04-15 09:30 PM

The Big Bus (1976)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Z1XThePEdb.../s1600/bus.jpg

Some might call this a cult movie. A disaster film parody set aboard a nuclear-powered bus! It's the precursor to Airplane (but not quite as good) in that it introduces the same comedic style in its "spoofiness" that Airplane would use a few years later.
It's got it's moments, a great cast and is full of stupid one-liners. When I was a kid I seriously thought the bus itself was the coolest thing on wheels! I actually bought a copy of this movie on DVD!

gbgoodies 10-04-15 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1395494)
The Big Bus (1976)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Z1XThePEdb.../s1600/bus.jpg

Some might call this a cult movie. A disaster film parody set aboard a nuclear-powered bus! It's the precursor to Airplane (but not quite as good) in that it introduces the same comedic style in its "spoofiness" that Airplane would use a few years later.
It's got it's moments, a great cast and is full of stupid one-liners. When I was a kid I seriously thought the bus itself was the coolest thing on wheels! I actually bought a copy of this movie on DVD!

I've never even heard of The Big Bus. If I like Airplane, is it worth trying to find this movie?

Captain Steel 10-04-15 11:41 PM

Yes, GB, if you liked Airplane you might appreciate The Big Bus.
Granted, it's not as non-stop funny as Airplane, but it is the same type of humor.

It gets a little more into the characters of the crew and the wacky passengers (similar to the way the Airport movies did).
But it's wall to wall silliness - the bus has it's own piano bar, Captain's dining room, swimming pool and even a bowling alley. The on-board tumultuous romance between Stockard Channing and Joseph Bologna is classic. The cast reads like a who's-who of 70's Hollywood bit actors.
One big difference is it's about a new technology - the bus is making it's maiden voyage and it's nuclear powered (so it's almost a little bit sci-fi in that respect).

I'm not going to guarantee anything - some people love it (which is why it's a "cult" classic) others think the humor is groan-worthy (and they're sore from groaning by the end) and some can't stand it. What it does well is spoof a lot of different genres within the overall disaster film spoof. The funniest thing is, this came out when I was about 11, and I didn't really "get" or care about the comedy, I just thought the bus was COOL!

If you're in the mood for something very silly and don't watch it with a critical eye, try to compare it to Airplane by rating it's jokes-per-minute, or (God forbid) take it seriously... then you might enjoy it.

gbgoodies 10-04-15 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1395554)
Yes, GB, if you liked Airplane you might appreciate The Big Bus.
Granted, it's not as non-stop funny as Airplane, but it is the same type of humor.

It gets a little more into the characters of the crew and the wacky passengers (similar to the way the Airport movies did).
But it's wall to wall silliness - the bus has it's own piano bar, Captain's dining room, swimming pool and even a bowling alley. The on-board tumultuous romance between Stockard Channing and Joseph Bologna is classic. The cast reads like a who's-who of 70's Hollywood bit actors.
One big difference is it's about a new technology - the bus is making it's maiden voyage and it's nuclear powered (so it's almost a little bit sci-fi in that respect).

I'm not going to guarantee anything - some people love it (which is why it's a "cult" classic) others think the humor is groan-worthy (and they're sore from groaning by the end) and some can't stand it. What it does well is spoof a lot of different genres within the overall disaster film spoof. The funniest thing is, this came out when I was about 11, and I didn't really "get" or care about the comedy, I just thought the bus was COOL!

If you're in the mood for something very silly and don't watch it with a critical eye, try to compare it to Airplane by rating it's jokes-per-minute, or (God forbid) take it seriously... then you might enjoy it.

It sounds like it could be just a silly, fun movie. I'll give it a try.

Captain Steel 10-05-15 12:15 AM

Have fun!!!

Captain Steel 10-05-15 12:26 AM

A bit of trivia (courtesy of IMDB):
The Big Bus itself (the "Cyclops" - named for it's large front headlight) was an actual functioning vehicle made for the film and cost $250,000 to build! It was used in a Los Angeles Bicentennial Parade. A bus station in downtown Los Angeles had to have it's roof raised so the Cyclops could enter the facility. The bus made a real life trip from Los Angeles to San Diego in 1976 to promote the movie. "The Big Bus" had thirty-two wheels, weighed seventy-five tons and measured 106 feet long. The weight of the bus was said to have been the equivalent of eighty Volkswagen cars or five giant Sceni-Cruiser Greyhound buses.
Both The Big Bus (1976) and Airplane! (1980) were released by the Paramount Pictures studio.

Gideon58 10-06-15 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1395017)
1. Mean Girls
2. Bring it On

There is no reason to feel guilty about liking Mean Girls...the film is smart and funny filled with eye-opening performances and Tina Fey's screenplay is Oscar-worthy.

StuartTanner 10-07-15 07:46 AM

I really like Empire Records its been a while since I last watched it though.

Gideon58 10-08-15 07:38 PM

No reason to feel guilty about liking Who Killed Roger Rabbit?...the film is brilliant and should have won Robert Zemeckis an Oscar.

urkillinmesmalls 10-08-15 07:40 PM

Perks of Being a Wallflower

Captain Steel 10-08-15 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Gideon58 (Post 1396112)
There is no reason to feel guilty about liking Mean Girls...the film is smart and funny filled with eye-opening performances and Tina Fey's screenplay is Oscar-worthy.
True enough. I guess part of the guilt lies in liking it for more than just the reasons you mentioned... such as Rachel McAdams, Lacey Chabert and (especially) Amanda Seyfried in their Halloween costumes (not to mention their Jingle Bell Rock costumes)! ;)

gbgoodies 10-08-15 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Gideon58 (Post 1396955)
No reason to feel guilty about liking Who Killed Roger Rabbit?...the film is brilliant and should have won Robert Zemeckis an Oscar.

Roger Rabbit is dead?! :bawling:

Gideon58 10-08-15 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1397025)
True enough. I guess part of the guilt lies in liking it for more than just the reasons you mentioned... such as Rachel McAdams, Lacey Chabert and (especially) Amanda Seyfried in their Halloween costumes (not to mention their Jingle Bell Rock costumes)! ;)
Rachel McAdams is AMAZING in that movie...if her name hadn't been actually listed in the credits, I wouldn't have even know that was her playing Regina George.

RobertaDhardy 10-09-15 04:57 PM

Just saw miami connection rifftrax....amazing!

honeykid 10-09-15 05:43 PM

I was slightly underwhelmed by Miami Connection. I think it's rep depends on being seen by people who haven't seen a lot of crap/low budget 80's movies. Especially action.

That said, I'd love to see it with a rifftrax.

Rhett Butler 10-09-15 06:19 PM

Josie & the Pussycats - The Motion Picture - starring Tara Reid.

SeeingisBelieving 12-01-15 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by 655321 (Post 1363360)
for me it'll be Deep impact, Little shop of horrors, and Knowing with Nicolas Cage
I think it's going to have to be Romy and Michele's High School Reunion. I think Mira Sorvino and Lisa Kudrow are fantastic in it, and Alan Cumming's pretty good (and versatile) too.

Gabrielle947 12-03-15 02:43 PM

Charlie's Angels, DOA: Dead or Alive, The Beach, Dead Poet's Society, The Mummy, National Treasure (not seen the last two in forever though)

honeykid 12-03-15 04:43 PM

Rep for the first two, obviously. :cool:

SeeingisBelieving 12-03-15 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by CiCi (Post 1363424)
Batman and Robin is a pretty big guilty pleasure, it's awful, horrifically awful. Yet I've seen it more than once and enjoyed some scenes too :lol:
It's shocking isn't it? But I like Arnold Schwarzenegger and obviously every scene with Uma Thurman.

Gideon58 12-08-15 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by 655321 (Post 1363360)
Little Shop of Horrors,,,are we talking about the original or the 1986 musical?

Gideon58 12-08-15 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Gunslinger45 (Post 1363379)
Rock of Ages and Bad Boys I & II.
Hated Rock of Ages and my feelings about the two Bad Boy movies are totally ambivalent...don't really feel one way or the other about them...just another set of buddy cop movies.

Captain Steel 12-08-15 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Gideon58 (Post 1420541)
Hated Rock of Ages and my feelings about the two Bad Boy movies are totally ambivalent...don't really feel one way or the other about them...just another set of buddy cop movies.
How about the original "Bad Boys" (1983) ... now there's a movie!

http://angelasbangalore.com/wp-conte...boys.jpg?w=300

JustinofGondor 12-11-15 06:29 PM

Vampire's Kiss. I guess this qualifies as a movie most would consider bad? Depending on how you look at him, Nicolas Cage is either a hit or miss actor. In this flick, he's incredible!

Gideon58 12-12-15 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Gatsby (Post 1363426)
These two:

and

What movie is that first picture from?

Gideon58 12-12-15 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1363478)
Also LOVE Little Shop of Horrors... it is a great film (saw the original not long ago too, wanted to see the Jack Nicholson part, overall, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.)

Guilty Pleasures:
Robocop
Starship Troopers
Armageddon
Con-Air
Independence Day
Executive Decision
(not a "guilty" pleasure really, it's just in my collection... on VHS!)
Defending Your Life (the guilty part is that I cry through it!)
Ella Enchanted
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
The Brady Bunch Movie
Growing Up Brady
(made for TV movie about the making of the Brady Bunch with young Kaley Cuoco as Maureen McCormick / Marcia!)
all Monty Python movies
all 4 Matt Helm movies (box set / starring Dean Martin)
the solo Jerry Lewis movies (oddly, I like the Matt Helm movies and the solo Jerry movies, but never really got into the Martin & Lewis movies on a deep level).
Austin Powers (the first one)
Idiocracy
a slew of 1950's "B" Sci-Fi movies just because some are "bad".
Nice to see some love for Con Air, the Brady Bunch movies, and Matt Helm...always loved the Matt Helm movies, don't see a lot of talk about them on these boards. Who Framed Roger Rabbit? is a brilliant film and there's no reason to feel guilty about it...I think it should have won Robert Zemeckis an Oscar.

Gideon58 12-12-15 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1363536)
Agree about the Vacation films, it's just that some people pan the 4th one (Las Vegas) but I enjoy it almost as much as the first. Granted,"European" leaves something to be desired, but it's got several great moments. I always had a small problem with "Christmas", not because there's anything wrong with it (it's hilarious as heck!), but just that it doesn't really fit with the others because the Griswalds don't go anywhere, i.e. it's not another "road trip" movie.

My Roger Rabbit story is that right after I first saw it in the theater, a friend's parents asked me what I thought. I told them it was a masterpiece and a work of genius. They rolled their eyes and said it was one of the most immature, idiotic, tedious things they ever had to sit through and then they reminded me that there was nothing original about it since Disney had been mixing live action and animation for decades. (They obviously didn't "get it".) But they did go out of their way to try to make me feel embarrassed for liking what they considered an unoriginal, low-brow, kiddie film.
Disagree regarding Christmas Vacation...after the disaster that was European Vacation, I think they felt the need to try something different and I think it worked...watching Clark deal with holiday banalities like finding the perfect Xmas tree and worrying about whether or not he's getting his Xmas bonus was very amusing. It's my #2 Vacation film behind the original. Agree with you regarding Roger Rabbit though...brilliant film.

Gideon58 12-12-15 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1397046)
Roger Rabbit is dead?! :bawling:
It's Who Framed Roger Rabbit...my bad.

Steve Freeling 12-12-15 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Gideon58 (Post 1422226)
Originally Posted by Gatsby (Post 1363426)
These two:

and

What movie is that first picture from?
The Room. I hear it sucks.

Mr Minio 12-12-15 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by JustinofGondor (Post 1422046)
Vampire's Kiss. I guess this qualifies as a movie most would consider bad?
It's a masterpiece.

Mr Minio 12-12-15 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Freeling (Post 1422232)
The Room. I hear it sucks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF_-5pZ_kxY

meigui24 12-20-15 10:25 AM

Drill Bill

Omnizoa 12-22-15 12:23 PM

Hook. Quotable as hell.

"Bangarang!"

"Ruffio! Ruffio! Ru-Fi-OHHHHHHHHH!"

"Kill the lawyer!"

"He'll crow. He'll fight. He'll fly. And then... he'll die. AHA. AHA. AHA. AHAHA!"

"Bad form!"

"He's shtealing shecond!"
*BANG!*

"Come on, humor the Hook."

"No stopping me this time, Smee. This is it. Don't make a move Smee, not a step. My finger's on the trigger. Don't try to stop me, Smee."
"Oh, not again."
"This is it. Don't try to stop me this time, Smee. Don't try to stop me this time, Smee. Don't you dare try to stop me this time, Smee, try to stop me."
"..."
"Smee, you'd better get up off your ass. Get over here, Smee!"
"I'm coming! I'm coming!"
"Stop me! This is not a joke! I'm... committing... suicide!"
*BANG!*
"Don't ever frighten me like that again."
"I'm sorry."
"What are you, some kind of a sadist?"

Okay, I'm done.